Random Music Talk CX: Obscured By Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does it cost though when I forget to unsubscribe? I couldn't remember to ditch amazon prime after the 30 day trial (which as actually ok cos I wanted to keep it anyway, but it would have been a lot cooler if they'd applied the 60 bucks I still have in gift cards on my account to that 99 bucks), 3 months I'll forget I even have apple thingie.

How much does it cost though when I forget to unsubscribe? I couldn't remember to ditch amazon prime after the 30 day trial (which as actually ok cos I wanted to keep it anyway, but it would have been a lot cooler if they'd applied the 60 bucks I still have in gift cards on my account to that 99 bucks), 3 months I'll forget I even have apple thingie.

$10 per month.

Speaking of Apple Music, has anyone who is not an iTunes Match subscriber click on the iCloud Music option? I'm undecided - I heard it can fuck up your music library, but at the same time I'd like to be able to listen to selected music offline.

/CactusAnnie'd

I think I spend way too much time describing what I was working before on a cover letter than why I am so good at the job.

If anyone considers her- or himself a great cover letter writer, any advice is helpful.

Just use a picture of A.L.F. as your cover letter like how April Ludgate did.

This is absolutely hilarious. Because of how bad I am.

The Great Language Game

My record is 500 points and that was with a lot of guesses as well. I've never even heard of a lot of those languages.

Managed to get a best of 550. I laughed out loud when it asked me to pick between Croatian and Serbian because I cannot tell the difference between the two.

Managed to get a best of 550. I laughed out loud when it asked me to pick between Croatian and Serbian because I cannot tell the difference between the two.
Ha yes, it's impossible to tell the difference between those Slavic languages. The other difficult ones are the seemingly made up ones.

I eventually got 550 as well. The fact that I had Slovenian twice in a row and got it wrong only the second time tells you exactly how I got there though.

250 the first time, 650 the second, lol.

It gave me Yiddish twice the second time, to be fair.

750 on the first go...

It could have been better. Friggin' Farsi.

Is the shitty quality of some recordings supposed to make this harder?

If you hear some extra "i" (like "e" in English) and "j"-sounds in there (but like "y" in "boy" in English), that's likely Croatian. ;)

Although Serbian people in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia use this as well, so the plot thickens...

Last edited:
1000 on the second go and that's enough for today.

Some were wild guesses. Pretty cool game!

I like the shitty quality of the recordings, it does encourage you to listen more attentively.

First attempt was a 350, best overall was a mere 400. On my last attempt, I quit after missing Assyrian vs. Southern Gaelic. I'm just not good at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom