Random Movie Talk Twelve (no, not that horrid Schumacher movie)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Venice seems to have the stronger competition slate, but with all those special presentations Toronto looks even more appealing.

Fuck, I can't believe the primitive rage that comes over me when I see that kid's shitty face. It makes me want to fashion a club out of a rock and beat the smarm out of him. Fuck, I hate him.

"I like lots of things, but there are three things I like most, love, love, and love."

Watching La Dolce Vita tonight, sadly it's expiring on Watch Instantly.

I'm going to rewatch Chamber of Secrets today, then watch Deathly Hallows I, then go watch Deathly Hallows II tonight. If there is one thing I can say to sum up the series thus far, it's that Hermione is developing quite nicely

Films seen lately -

Captain America

Deathly Hallows 2

Midnight in Paris

Army of Shadows (Winter was Coming)

The 400 Blows

Up next, The BRD Trilogy

Fuck, I can't believe the primitive rage that comes over me when I see that kid's shitty face. It makes me want to fashion a club out of a rock and beat the smarm out of him. Fuck, I hate him.

It's an unholy rage that comes over me. I just feel like...murder...is the only way.

I like the mini-Ebert tag this kid gets; Ebert is the only man on earth who would praise Gnomeo and Juliet and Midnight In Paris in the same breath.

Deathly Hallows I was a quality movie. The cg was especially good. Kreature is cool. Didn't have time for the last one, so I'll finish the series off tomorrow night

Just watched Deathly Hallows II. It was fucking sweet. I never imagined I'd like these movies so much after falling asleep during the first. That was when it first came out and I hadn't watched a single minute of another until about 2 weeks ago. Once that clown Chris Columbus got out of the way directing, the series really came into its own. In the last two especially, the direction was really visceral. And the creature content was top notch in the last one. I'm going to check it out in Imax next. Anyone see the 3d? What's the conversion like?
One thing I can't decide about the movies is
Do I like frail, invalid Voldemort or bloody, fetal Voldemort better?

The double feature I went to for the midnight release had Part 2 in 3D, it was a solid conversion, nothing detracting, but other than a few ments you will mostly forget it's there. Though I am going to see it in IMAX this weekend maybe that will be better, the converted 3D elements of 5 & 6 in IMAX were stellar.

So I watched the very first Harry Potter last night when I got home since I hadn't seen it since falling asleep all those years ago. What a piece of shit. Had you told me that the series would eventually be awesome and include lots of non shitty looking creatures, I'd have told you you were crazy and sent you to vik for a punch right in your vag

He's got nothing on Lee Jordan.

photo.edit_.community.magnitude.jpg

Finally checked out my Apocalypse Now Blu-ray, which I projected for some friends.

Dear lord does that thing look amazing. Only watched the theatrical version but I'll have to see those Redux scenes as well, along with Hearts of Darkness, which I haven't seen in ages.

This is probably still comfortably in my #1 OF ALL TIME slot. The only challenger at this point is Céline and Julie Go Boating, which is something I admire more for its revolutionary form than the actual execution, which is great but not perfect. Whereas with Coppola's film, there's not a single frame I'd change. It's just a towering work, and superlative in every single technical department, as well as the entire cast, and the script and narration. What a trip.

A large part of why I love it so much is seeing a director at the peak of his powers using his clout to fund an overly ambitious project that nearly spiraled out of control. How often do you see an artist on that level with such an arsenal at his disposal, and willing to drive himself and his collaborators to the brink of disaster/insanity to achieve something special? I hate to drag out obvious examples, but Spielberg can do anything he wants, but isn't crazy enough to try something that unhinged (A.I. would be the closest thing here). And with someone like Scorsese, his vision of Gangs Of New York was obviously compromised by the powers that be. Imagine what his late 70's/early 80's version would have looked like; the guy wanted to use The Clash over the battle scenes. FUCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom