Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got pretty drunk at trivia last night. Ended up falling out of a trolley on the way home, hit my head and woken up with a shiner. Good times.

I also learnt that Sting sings the "I want my MTV" parts in Money for Nothing.

Ah I see. Do you go to Coachella? Or do the 15 music festivals a month in Austin tide you over?

This is going to be my first Coachella, and I'm at a point where I want to travel to at least one festival a year. This year it was Roo, next year is going to be Coachella and possibly Pitchfork and/or a Bonnaroo reunion.

This also reminds me that I never reported on FFF two weeks ago. Tycho and Bonobo won the fest.

I thought the other place approved of any new music released by U2?

I thought the other place approved of any new music released by U2?

I thought they hated on things in a weird little brother sort of way. Like "no one beats up my little brother except for me!" Translating to "no one hates on my favorite band except me cos I'm such a hardcore fan!"

I thought they hated on things in a weird little brother sort of way. Like "no one beats up my little brother except for me!" Translating to "no one hates on my favorite band except me cos I'm such a hardcore fan!"

This is probably the most accurate description I have seen of the dynamic over there. Add in the mother hen types who feel compelled to defend the boys against any and all criticism, regardless of how slight, and the faux hardass father types you get off on sarcastically critiquing everyone else, and you have accounted for probably 95% of the posts that go on in there.

And the new song is officially out.

And Bono's singing is still in that grandma-like high-pitched mode that I really don't enjoy.

And Edge's playing actually has yet again some very uninspiring slide work like in Magnificent and Moment of Surrender.

This band and me, we're done, professionally.

I kid. I still like those earlier records. Achtung Baby's nice.

Sorry to stray from the fascinating topic of a throwaway soundtrack song only U2 fanatics will ever hear, but would anyone oppose to starting the year end list now? Not much coming the rest of the year, and some preliminary "rough draft" lists now would help give a little extra time to get caught up on the regular "not sure how I missed this one" type albums that always pop up.

This song is baaaaaaaaaaad.

I always feel like I have to choose another negative word to describe U2 songs, since there's of course the song Bad itself. But I take from all those a's, there will be no other comparisons of the two.

Sorry to stray from the fascinating topic of a throwaway soundtrack song only U2 fanatics will ever hear, but would anyone oppose to starting the year end list now? Not much coming the rest of the year, and some preliminary "rough draft" lists now would help give a little extra time to get caught up on the regular "not sure how I missed this one" type albums that always pop up.
Am I being called for duty?

I allocate all my p4k points as follows: Trouble Will Find Me (70%), Lightning Bolt (20%), and two other albums which will remain nameless for now (10% apiece once I remember what they were).

Is it bad that the thing I'm most looking forward to with new U2 is the restarting of the Shuttlecock thread?

If that's going to happen again (and it should), we definitely need to establish some sort of ground rules with Diemen so it doesn't get all *puts on sunglasses* cocked up.

That's fuzzy math!!

I allocate all my p4k points as follows: Trouble Will Find Me (70%), Lightning Bolt (20%), and two other albums which will remain nameless for now (10% apiece once I remember what they were).

70 + 20 + 10 + 10 = 110%. Gotta love that UMass education.

The criticism of it last time was that, after the album release, it strayed into a chat thread. So obviously we need to wait until the album is released to start it so as to stay our lane.

Some Indian guy, but I didn't understand a word he said either.

Maybe I should score my list in geometric figures. Three triangles for the national, pj gets a pair of circles, and a rhombus to the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom