Rammstein?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikesimus

Babyface
I am just wondering, what do you people think of the German band Rammstein? I know that alot of people give them a bad rep, but for the most part that is not true. Personally, I think that their music is brilliant. It is not too overly aggressive, its really enjoyable to listen to, and its musically well put together. Some lyrics are bad, yes, but its the same with many other bands. The new album, Mutter, is really good in my opinion, merging an orchestra/techno-rock and German singing works really well. They are far more than "Du Hast". And if you see the video for Ich Will, you can see how creative and strange they can be.

I have their "Sehnsucht" album, but I haven't listened to it in awhile.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

just one question do you understand what they are saying.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

I think they're okay unless you know what they're actually singing. Then....eh....well, the piano song is pretty. Except for the whole necrophilia thing it has going. So, yeah, if don't know any German, you're okay. Oh, and the angels one is okay....you know, that one....

I understand what they're saying and they are still one of my favorite bands.
icon14.gif

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Are they named after the Air Force base?

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

the only thing i really know about them is that i was translating a lot of their song titles and lyrics for a non-german speaking friend of mine.

ooh...and all i can say about them being more than du hast, as mikesimus put it, i hope so cuz i'm getting so sick of hearing people sing that one part without even knowing what it means.

Yeah, they are named after the airbase. I do understand good portions of it, although I do not know German, I have picked it up here and there, I might take a course on it someday.

Some of their older songs were pretty strange lyrically, but the new album is much better in that regard.

Just a question for Rammstein fans in Europe: how often do they play around the continent from May-August? Im hoping to go to Europe next year and it would be great if I could catch them sometime...

Rammstein are fuckiing brilliant.
Anyway, yes they are named after an US air force base: Ramstein (just one "s"), which is rather sinister, because the base became world news in 1988 when 70 people were killed there during an air show (two planes collided above the audience).
Also, it's a good thing that they admit that they have insane lyrics. Quote: "Everyone that takes our lyrics seriously, should be put into a mental hospital immediately"

2002 European tour:

May 14 Glasgow, Scotland SECC
May 16 London, England Docklands Arena
May 17 Manchester, England Apollo
May 18 Manchester, England Apollo
May 20 Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf,The Netherlands
May 24 Madrid, Spain Festimad
June 07 Wr. Neustadt, Austria Open Air Gelaende
June 08 Italy, Gods of Metal
June 10 Ljubljana, Slovenia Halo Tivoli
June 13 Sweden Hulsfred Festival
June 15 Finland Provinssirock Tickets
June 17 St. Petersburg, St. Petrovsky Stadion, Russia
June 19 Moscow, Russia Tushino Airfield
June 27 Denmark Roskilde Tickets
June 29 Werchter, Belgium
June 30 Arnhem, Gelredome, The Netherlands
July 04 Norway Quart Festival
July 06 Switzerland Ministry of Rock
July 07 Belfort, France Les Eurockeenes

I'm going to see them May 20th when they are the closing act of the 3-day Dutch festival Pinkpop.

Other artists on Pinkpop 2002:

Monday may 20th:
RAMMSTEIN - LENNY KRAVITZ - MUSE - KANE - JEWEL - FIVE FOR FIGHTING - SYSTEM OF A DOWN
MACY GRAY - GOMEZ - MORGAN HERITAGE - MILLIONAIRE - SERGENT GARCIA - STARSAILOR - BEEF - BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB - DARYLL-ANN

Sunday may 19th: 13.00-23.00 uur
FAITHLESS - LAMB
DROPKICK MURPHYS - DEF P & BEATBUSTERS -
ALIEN ANT FARM - DI-RECT - RACOON - ZERO 7 - E-LIFE - SUPER FURRY ANIMALS - AN PIERLE

Saturday may 18th: 17.00-23.00 uur
LIVE, live at pinkpop
HEATHER NOVA - BUSH - P.O.D. - GROOVE ARMADA - AFTER FOREVER - SUPERGROOVER

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

[This message has been edited by Vorsprung (edited 04-27-2002).]

A great band, hard rock as it should be played!! I just love their music and maybe its just as well I dont know what their saying - video clips are also quite disturbing, but what a sound!

Pamela

"Rock and Roll gives people a chance to not grow up." - Bono

Back
Top Bottom