"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up reserving a download for free. If I like the CD, I will buy the physical CD when it's released. :shrug:

i could really care less about being respectful to the band. i like their music, but i think thom yorke is an asshole, and i don't plan on giving him any of my money.

mikal said:
i could really care less about being respectful to the band. i like their music, but i think thom yorke is an asshole, and i don't plan on giving him any of my money.

:|

so you are saying that you have paid nothing for any of their music. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

:|

so you are saying that you have paid nothing for any of their music. :eyebrow:

i bought the bends and ok computer, and i've downloaded the rest.

mikal said:

What exactly makes the man an asshole?

i just don't like him. every interview i've seen and read, he just comes across as an asshole.

mikal said:
i just don't like him. every interview i've seen and read, he just comes across as an asshole.

Any specific quotes? You know, people in the eye of the media may come off as arrogant without meaning to.

corianderstem said:
I ended up reserving a download for free. If I like the CD, I will buy the physical CD when it's released. :shrug:

Same as what I'll be doing, I just hope there is a physical release that also has the bonus disc.

mikal said:

He certainly comes across as very supercillious and a little arrogant (left-wing: i'm always right brigade), and seems to think he's it and a bit (posh school, poor little rich boy syndrome?), but he's seems a very complex personality, a very intriguing individual, not as much as Moz, but still very interesting. His depression has probably shaped who he is in a big way.

The differerence is that Morrissey's persona seems completely contrived, esp. at this point (and I love ALL the guy's music), whereas Thom seems a lot more genuine.

God forbid artists come off a bit arrogant. Compared to all the other morons populating the airwaves we could use a bit more of it.

You want to see arrogance, watch Dylan in Don't Look Back. And he was still in his early 20's. Doesn't mean he wasn't right about 99% of the stuff he was saying.

Did it ever occur to you that Yorke might think interviews are beneath him and a waste of his time?The band has made it clear they're not fond of the whole PR aspect of the music business. Or have you not seen Meeting People Is Easy?

intedomine said:

He certainly comes across as very supercillious and a little arrogant (left-wing: i'm always right brigade), and seems to think he's it and a bit (posh school, poor little rich boy syndrome?), but he's seems a very complex personality, a very intriguing individual, not as much as Moz, but still very interesting. His depression has probably shaped who he is in a big way.

you kind of described Noel Gallagher

now that guy is an asshole :wink:

Noel certainly fits the bill of being an asshole. Thom, not so much. Arrogant =/= asshole.

Lancemc said:
Noel certainly fits the bill of being an asshole. Thom, not so much. Arrogant =/= asshole.

both Noel and Liam are assholes

and part of the most overrated band ever :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom