RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:

Of course I realized later that the logic I used to shame you into buying the CD was completely flawed in that my friends still only paid for it once. But hey, whatever works. :wink:

lazarus said:

U2's album will be taking that spot, thank you.

And could be album of the decade on top of it.

Nice try, though.

nice joke buddy :wink:

if we get HTDAAB part dos

then we're in for a surprise :drool:

HTDAAB is like over sweetened candy. At first it's awesome and you love it! But you get sick of it pretty soon. It's an album of instant gratification and no staying power. ATYCLB has it's flaws too but is a grower. I find myself preferring ATYCLB to HTDAAB by quite a bit these days. That's my opinion anyway.

Zootlesque said:
HTDAAB is like over sweetened candy. At first it's awesome and you love it! But you get sick of it pretty soon. It's an album of instant gratification and no staying power. ATYCLB has it's flaws too but is a grower. I find myself preferring ATYCLB to HTDAAB by quite a bit these days. That's my opinion anyway.

completely agree, except HTDAAB tastes like ass nowadays :wink:

I think its time for another ATYCLB appreciation thread :drool:

Zootlesque said:

You could easily make the reverse argument, considering ATYCLB is more poppy.

I just think HTDAAB has more balls. Guitar wise it's a better album, even if some of the parts are a bit too familiar.

Zootlesque said:

I agreez.

More unforgiveable, I just feel like it's a bunch of songs that don't really fit or belong together. At least ATYCLB seemed to flow or have some cohesion to me.

:huh: ok.. I was under the impression by a couple of posters here that the cd version of IR is better than the downloaded version... wtf.. I can't tell the difference, it's identical to me and my hubby who is a musician (guitar player) and has the ear for these kind of details that most would not catch..

Okay I got it! Can't wait to prepare the jewel case. :drool: :wink:

ETA:

IR.jpg

That was fun. :lol:

Last edited:
You guys actually made a jewel case? I didn't bother, now I have a bunch of stickers I have no idea what to do with.

Color my underwhelmed with the packaging for the vinyl.

I wonder if the discbox vinyl was any better.

Zootlesque said:

I also agree, except that I actually always preferred ATYCLB to HTDAAB. I haven't listened to HTDAAB since the November it came out except once when an FYMer convinced me to pull it out and give it a fresh listen. So I did, and that time I actually almost hated it instead of the blah way I normally felt about it. ATYCLB at least meant something to me because of what was going on in my life at the time so I'll always have a soft spot for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom