RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI...

In Rainbows’ download available till December 10th
Posted on December 5th, 2007.

In a message on Dead Air Space, Radiohead thanked everyone for downloading ‘In Rainbows’. The download will only be available for the rest of this week. The Discbox will be available till stock lasts.

Hello Everyone,

The download area that is “In Rainbows” will be shutting its doors on the 10th December 2007.

A big thank you to everyone who came and downloaded the music. It’s been the most positive thing we’ve done and we hope you shared the experience with others.

The discbox will still be available from the w.a.s.t.e store here until they have all gone. We then have no plans to make further stock.

For those of you who wish to buy In Rainbows in the usual way, it will be available on CD/Vinyl and download from traditional outlets from the 31st December 2007.

The record will be released by TBD Records in North America and XL Recordings for the rest of the world.

Thanks for everything.

Radiohead to play Main Square Festival
Posted on December 6th, 2007.

Radiohead have added the French Main Square Festival to their tour schedule. The festival in Arras doesn’t have a date yet, but Radiohead will play the festival after their Werchter appearance and before their show in Berlin.

This means the show will be on the 6th, 7th or 8th of July, 2008. Currently, there’s no information on tickets yet. The Main Square Festival is the fourth French show on their upcoming tour. As confirmed earlier, Radiohead will also be playing Paris (twice) and Nimes in June. The tickets for those shows are expected to go on sale soon.

I think xavi posted somewhere in this thread about the Jigsaw single and that one of the b-side/CD 2 songs was on it. I can't remember which one.. And I ain't going thru all the pages of this thread to find it right now..:huh:

elevated_u2_fan said:

I'll hook you up...

I don't think they have said yea or nea but I can't see them releasing these unless maybe with singles..

Wow that was crazy fast, thanks ^_^

I've heard the b-sides theory, but it will be interesting to see if the record label releases the album further on down the line with "a new bonus disc!"

u2popmofo said:
Here you go, gangsta pranksta.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/47366-radioheads-jigsaw-single-details-fall-into-place

CD:

01 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
02 Down Is the New Up (live on "From the Basement")
03 Last Flowers (live on "From the Basement")

7":

01 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
02 Videotape (live on "From the Basement"

They're live versions of the bonus tracks as b-sides, not the studio versions.
I think it sucks that Radiohead isn't putting "Videotape" (from the Basement) onto CD. Just inexplicably idiotic! I don't want an mp3 or vinyl. I want hardcopy CD!

Muldfeld said:

I think it sucks that Radiohead isn't putting "Videotape" (from the Basement) onto CD. Just inexplicably idiotic! I don't want an mp3 or vinyl. I want hardcopy CD!

Pah pah pah, give me French Fries!

House of Cards is monotone and bland.
By far the weakest song on the album.

House of Cards... certainly not a terrible song, but nothing too good either. Mediocre at best, in my opinion.

I am, however, really warming up to Reckoner, especially if it follows Down Is the New Up.

The thing that takes House Of Cards into the stratosphere for me is the background atmosphere... (the guitar?) during "deniiiiiial..."

Now here is Louise Kent, 45, from Vancouver: 'Why is it called In Rainbows?'

'Um,' says Thom Yorke in the manner in which he begins most answers to most questions. Often he'll scratch his head, too, making him look totally Stan Laurel. 'Because it was the desire to get somewhere that you're not. I thought of that last night.'

So it's nothing to do with the theory posited by Cony Abbatemarco, director of food and nutritional services at Gaylord Hospital in Connecticut, who writes (and I quote): 'According to Genesis 9:1 (9+1 = 10!), God created the very first rainbow for Noah (Thom Yorke's son's name) as a symbol of gratitude and a promise of peace. This is known as the Noahic Covenant and in it God blesses Noah, his sons and all modern humankind ('Reckoner' lyrics??). God promised Noah that never again would there be complete destruction to all living things. Is the In Rainbows title related to this?'

'Ha ha ha!' laughs Ed O'Brien. 'Excellent. I love this shit! Fair play to somebody who works this stuff out!'

'Uh-oh,' says Thom Yorke. 'No. That's pure coincidence. Having not read that particular section of the Bible ...' he adds with a wryness so thick you could eat it with a fork.

:lmao:

This interview is priceless. Thanks, Muldfeld. :up"

So for the record: with regards to 'the Kid 17 and tenspiracy theories' (Neil Dooley, 19, Dundalk, Ireland); the idea that The Golden Section of In Rainbows occurs at exactly the moment in 'Reckoner' when the backing vocals sing the words "in rainbows" (Tom Ballatore, 37, in Kyoto, Japan); that the bonus disc's tracks correspond to the Star of Ishtar in Taoist philosophy (Curtis Perry, 19, Ontario, Canada); that In Rainbows is a 'Pynchonian citation' (Carlo Avolio, 22, Naples, Italy); that it relates to Conrad's Heart of Darkness (Alex Drossart, 18, Wisconsin); that it is conceptually linked with Goethe's Faust, notably in 'Videotape' ('When I'm at the pearly gates/this will be on my videotape/Mephistopheles is just beneath/and he's reaching up to grab me') - in definitive response to all those: Radiohead don't know anything about any of that stuff.

Thom: 'All good records have a heart of darkness.'

Phil: 'You've been asked that one before, obviously.'

Thom: 'I have, yep! I vaguely know the story of Faust. But that would involve me having remembered it in some detail or picked it off the shelf. Which I didn't. But yes, hmm, Goethe's Faust. I'm going to have to look that one up, actually, 'cause that sounds suitably pretentious. We live in Oxford, after all.'

whats everyone's favorite In Rainbows moment?

for me All I need at 1:44

white noise + glockenspiel = winning combination.

:drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom