RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FitzChivalry said:
Well, regardless, I'm happy for you that you got kick-ass tickets. :wink: :applaud:

Santa Barbara Bowl is supposed to be a great venue. I hope you have a blast! :D

How many RH shows is Martha going to already?

Three so far... we're going to 2 in May plus Santa B.

If that's it, I'm more than happy. But of course since I'll be in LA that week I'd love to see more. Nothin' else to do in LA. :D

I have to go to work now. :(

I guess I'll try again for SD once I get there but at this point I'm not encouraged.

BonoManiac said:
Toronto all sold out! :(

That's crazy! :ohmy: I landed tickets for Montreal...look out for me, BonoManiac!

Hope everyone can get to the venues they want, somehow.

RADIOHEAD
RADIOHEAD
RADIOHEAD

I'm going to keep repeating that until my brain actually believes that I'm seeing them live. :drool:

This round seemed tougher than the East Coast round but I lucked out.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Right around that time. I got thru at 7:12 (6:12 your time). I didn't trust the page update checker so I refreshed and was horrified to see they were onsale, not knowing how long they'd been onsale. Then I got thru almost right away. It could be the SB market was just easier. :shrug:

Congrats on getting tickets!!!

I think it was right around that time. I got in fairly quickly...even got two pit tickets in my basket for the Indy show, but could not get further than that. Bummer. I tried for 1 1/2 hours and only got that far twice before the show sold out.

I think it is just luck of the draw. I would like to believe that if I was not on my work computer, I would have two tickets right now...dreaming.

Someone likened it to the U2 fanfire thing. Fortunately, W.A.S.T.E. doesn't charge you to get into the pre-sale, so it is hard to be mad.

Indy is a LAME music town. LAME! I should have no problem getting tickets during the on-sale Saturday...possibly even pit tickets. :)

The Indy show's on my birthday. I wanna go. :sad: But I have other stuff going on that weekend so I didn't even try.

Abq is like Indy. I always get ridiculously good seats for the few good shows that come through.

BonoManiac said:
^I'm on a Mac, so the page wouldn't load on Safari, but when I tried on Firefox it worked just fine. Try that!
I have a Mac and found Netscape to work much better. Firefox was better than Safari, but still failed me. I waited up all night and couldn't even get a pit ticket for Toronto.

Waste fails!

Oh, and death to scalpers; they always argue they provide a niche service and are just meeting the fantastical needs of the capitalist market. Except they don't provide any real service besides upping the value and taking tickets away from hardcore fans. They'd never want to be forced to have their drinking water regulated that purely along capitalist terms.

I hope they all face the logic of their free market demand/supply ideological excuses when the fall on hard times and need medical care. Bastards.

Seriously, a mob of us should pretend to be willing to buy tickets from scalpers outside the venue, then steal them from them and threaten beatings if they make a fuss. If the cops won't enforce the law, we should be allowed to. I'm so sick of this crap. That e-bay allows their selling their overpriced merchandise is beyond unconscionable.

For years, Ticketmaster has been allowing them to use bots to take dozens of tickets at a time, too. Waste was many people's last hope at a good ticket.

Anyway, good luck to you folks for the general sale. If you have a Mac, I'd suggest avoiding Safari, which has always failed me in a jam. Go with Netscape preferably or Firefox (which I found timed out more frequently though).

Last edited:
Of all the pre-sales I have been involved in, I think this has been the slickest! No published times...tickets come up when they damn well please. I think it thwarts the scalpers a bit. My hats off to W.A.S.T.E. for that. I truly feel that there are enough Radiohead fans out there to clog the system without the help of scalpers. Sure, scalpers have tickets...but so do a lot of fans.

In my area, and in many areas now, scalping is legal.

lazarus said:
well, that's fucking lame. everything in CA sold out.

Well, definitely at 10:42 EST. WASTE sells out in less than 20 minutes usually.

Santa Barbara Bowl is similar in size to the Greek Theater - so about 5,000-6,000 I'd guess. The Hollywood Bowl holds about 20,000. There is a Pre-Sale thru TM tomorrow if you are interested. Fitz, lemme know if you need the password. Or, you can sign up for information thru KROQ's website.

Irishteen said:
Nude has made #37 in the Billboard Hot 100, their first top 40 since Creep and only third song to ever chart :shocked:

Wow, and it's probably my least favorite song on the whole album.

Sorry to hear about you guys not getting tickets. Ironically, this is one of the only times I could say I've been able to get them.

Irishteen said:
Nude has made #37 in the Billboard Hot 100, their first top 40 since Creep and only third song to ever chart :shocked:

Awesome news. Still wish ReckoneR was the next single though....

PlaTheGreat said:

I have a spare if you can hitchhike your way down here. :whistle: I'll even give it to you.

Due to my immigration status, I still can't travel to the United States. :sigh: I would have taken that offer up in a heartbeat if I could!

Find a Mexican to teach you the ropes on getting into the U.S. :up:

I'll make sure to record videos and phone posts for you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom