Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Yeah, that lotsa-pics mode came in very handy on my trip, and also at the concert... It was so hard to keep the camera still.... no image stabilisation for me!
I had no idea I could take so many pics in a day, before I went on the trip last year... now I know that the important thing is spare batteries, more than spare memory cards! :reject:

Oh boy, I can't wait to hear this... is it as bad as Street Missions? :lol:

My camera apparently has some in-built image stabilisation thing, thank goodness. My worst problem, though, is that I have a tendency to lower the camera down far too soon and blur it anyway. It's one thing to correct for shaky hands, but if I'm putting the damn thing back in my pocket quickly, not much can be done there ...!

I've been meaning to order in some USB batteries - they recharge by plugging into a computer's USB ports. I'm sick of buying new batteries.

And Street Mission is quite considerably superior to the demo Twilight. Though easily U2's most laughable song is a little number called Tonight from their April 1978 demo session.

OK, 11OTT/Touch is sent, now Things To Make And Do and J. Swallow are going through. TTMAD is the only instrumental U2 has ever played live, and J. Swallow is another good laugh.

Screwtape2 said:

:lol:

I feel it should be a children's show tune. You know with the choppy lyrics and "happy" vocals.

And what's got to be Edge's amp falling over near the end ...

Axver said:
OK, 11OTT/Touch is sent, now Things To Make And Do and J. Swallow are going through. TTMAD is the only instrumental U2 has ever played live, and J. Swallow is another good laugh.

Received. :)

11 O'Clock Tick Tock was horrid, I'd heard it before. Glad they got it down by the time they played Red Rocks. :drool:

This is my first listen of Touch.

My camera's battery is one of those lithium ones you need to take out and put in a re-charger thing... I need to get a spare one though.

Pre-Boy U2 = :yikes:

I love Babyface :wink:

The worst U2 songs:

10. Red Light
9. Love Rescue Me
8. Babyface
7. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
6. Ultra Violet
5. One
4. In A Little While
3. Stuck In A Moment
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
1. Elvis Ate America

The demo Twilight is much better than all of those.

mysterious_jen said:
baby face and wild honey and red light. i like them , does that mean i am made of PHAIL ?
no, i wouldn't say so. in looking at his list now, i kinda generalised everything when i said it sucked. i don't hate red light, it's definitely not my favourite on the album. the refugee is the same way too. babyface i'm kind of neutral about it, i think it's kind of a weak track. but wild honey i don't like at all.

so you don't have the phail in you :)

I listened to WILATW again ... and it just sort of bores me. The Edge's guitar doesn't do it for me and the bass and drums couldn't be more bland. Bono's not doing great for most of that album ... I just don't like it. I prefer IALW to it, at least there's interesting guitar.

Screwtape2 said:
I feel it should be a children's show tune. You know with the choppy lyrics and "happy" vocals.
See, that's the sort of impression I have in my head of Things to Make and Do, which I haven't heard yet... Sounds like something they'd have on Playschool. :lol:

I need to make a CD of U2 instrumentals... :hmm:
Except I probably wouldn't be able to resist putting the ones in that have minimal vocals....

KhanadaRhodes said:

lies

and j. swallow is such a weird song. and i've never understood the alternate spelling i've seen sometimes. i've seen swallow and swallo...swallo isn't a word. wtf!

Lies? It IS the only instrumental they've done, at least a named one. U2 By U2 mentions some unnamed instrumental they did in the very early days, but my sneaking suspicion is that it just evolved into TTMAD anyway.

I totally don't get "J. Swallo", but then you have people here who write "Wake Up Deadman" and "Van Dieman's Land" and so forth. COME ON, PEOPLE.

phillyfan26 said:
I listened to WILATW again ... and it just sort of bores me. The Edge's guitar doesn't do it for me and the bass and drums couldn't be more bland. Bono's not doing great for most of that album ... I just don't like it. I prefer IALW to it, at least there's interesting guitar.
:drool:
hydrahump.gif

phillyfan26 said:

Phail Collins, do you want me to keep sending you songs or not? :tsk:

Screwtape2 said:

I love the rhythm of the song. Learn to love the rhythm. :wink:

It's that keyboard/xylophone chimy thing. It sends shudders up my spine, honestly. I hate it more than any song they've ever done.

Axver said:

Phail Collins, do you want me to keep sending you songs or not? :tsk:

I go to war against Achtung Baby for you, I deserve more respect than that.

Axver said:
Lies? It IS the only instrumental they've done, at least a named one. U2 By U2 mentions some unnamed instrumental they did in the very early days, but my sneaking suspicion is that it just evolved into TTMAD anyway.

I totally don't get "J. Swallo", but then you have people here who write "Wake Up Deadman" and "Van Dieman's Land" and so forth. COME ON, PEOPLE.
:lol: i just wanted to say it was a lie.

i don't get it either. i see that crap for just about every band i like, though. i'm like wtf? yes, let's just combine words :coocoo:

man this movie (master and commander) is decent but tooooo much. cut cut cut some of the storms, some of the battles, some of the talk.

Axver said:
The worst U2 songs:

10. Red Light
9. Love Rescue Me
8. Babyface
7. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
6. Ultra Violet
5. One
4. In A Little While
3. Stuck In A Moment
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
1. Elvis Ate America

The demo Twilight is much better than all of those.

:madwife:

ultraviolet . :sad:

Alisaura said:
Pre-Boy U2 = :yikes:

I love Babyface :wink:

I, uh, have a thing for pre-Boy U2 and think it's an awesome era. Lost On A Silent Planet and The Dream Is Over are two of my U2 favourites. :reject:

I mostly hate Bono's vocals and the lyrics in Babyface. Though the opening instrumentation sounds cheesy-awful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom