Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Where the legend began. :wink:

Yep. I grew up a block from the North Island Main Trunk Railway (the most important line in New Zealand), the miniature ride-on railway in that picture plus a model railway were about 2 minutes from my house, the Wellington Tramway Museum was five minutes down the road, and a steam locomotive preservation society another couple of minutes beyond there. Oh, and I'm descended from survivors of both of New Zealand's worst railway disasters.

So ... you get the feeling things were pretty inevitable for me.

Axver said:
Yeah, Jen said she was out at the Bellamarine Railway and got in the cab of one of their locos.

Ooooh video! :hyper:

See, I'll suck you people in, just like I've done with PT. :wink:
Cool...

The vid's taking its sweet time uploading (1h22m remaining... :crack: ) ... about 30 seconds worth of train disappearing into the distance :lol:
No cinematographer, me :wink:

My brother took some vid (with sound) on his phone too, but it's trapped there until he gets home and can put it on his computer.

Alisaura said:

Cool...

The vid's taking its sweet time uploading (1h22m remaining... :crack: ) ... about 30 seconds worth of train disappearing into the distance :lol:
No cinematographer, me :wink:

My brother took some vid (with sound) on his phone too, but it's trapped there until he gets home and can put it on his computer.

... wow. Are they still on dialup in Castlemaine? :wink:

My photography's spectacularly terrible. Maybe one day I'll get the hang of it and take more than just the odd fluky good shot!

mysterious_jen said:
i think talking about trains has scared everyone off again. there only on thing that can cure that

PENIS

PENIS

PEEEEEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS

:lol:

I've just been hanging up my washing. Whee. :|

PS Bug pinus.

Axver's U2 vinyl "collection":

- One Tree Hill x2
- HMTMKMKM

WOW. Duke just tied up UNC.

And, as I write that, UNC knocks down a 3.

However, it's now a game.

And, unbelievably, as I wrote that, Duke hit a 3 to tie it back up.

Axver said:
... wow. Are they still on dialup in Castlemaine? :wink:

My photography's spectacularly terrible. Maybe one day I'll get the hang of it and take more than just the odd fluky good shot!
My parents changed to broadband about 6 months ago... it's still not brilliant though! :lol:

And I used the camera's lots-of-pics-in-a-row feature... I figured one of them would turn out okay :lol: I took about ten shots plus the video. :reject:

Got the songs, thanks! :D Will DL them when I get home... I don't think my mum's interested in vintage U2, although I have managed to convert her some of the way. :wink:

Last edited:
Alisaura said:

My parents changed to broadband about 6 months ago... it's still not brilliant though! :lol:

And I used the camera's lots-of-pics-in-a-row feature... I figured one of them would turn out okay :lol: I took about ten shots plus the video. :reject:

Got the songs, thanks! :D Will DL then when I get home... I don't think my mum's interested in vintage U2, although I have managed to convert her some of the way. :wink:

My father in New Zealand is STILL on dialup. It's unbelievable. He's spoken about going to broadband lately, but I bet it won't happen.

Ooh, I wonder if my camera has a feature like that. That'd be really handy when I'm out and about. Though I already take shitloads of photos as it is. I haven't transferred my Stony Point stuff to the computer yet, but I don't doubt I took over 100 photos yesterday.

:lol: I think the demo Twilight might just put her off ...!

phillyfan26 said:
Twilighttwilighttwilighttwilighttwilighttwiglighttwighlight!

:lmao: The way he sings that is just ... wow. I can't believe they ever released that. Especially not when their other choice was the far better The Dream Is Over. :|

It says on Wikipedia that they cut it in five minutes. Not surprised.

The verses are great too when he goes, "I look into YOUR eyes" with "your" being at the pitch of a teenaged boy's voice cracking.

Axver said:
Ooh, I wonder if my camera has a feature like that. That'd be really handy when I'm out and about. Though I already take shitloads of photos as it is. I haven't transferred my Stony Point stuff to the computer yet, but I don't doubt I took over 100 photos yesterday.

:lol: I think the demo Twilight might just put her off ...!
Yeah, that lotsa-pics mode came in very handy on my trip, and also at the concert... It was so hard to keep the camera still.... no image stabilisation for me!
I had no idea I could take so many pics in a day, before I went on the trip last year... now I know that the important thing is spare batteries, more than spare memory cards! :reject:

Oh boy, I can't wait to hear this... is it as bad as Street Missions? :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

because it sucks?

I like Another Day.

Putting on Twilight instead of The Dream Is Over was criminal. Yes, I'll keep going on about that shocker of a decision. :down:

KhanadaRhodes said:

IT SUCKS. SERIOUSLY THE WORST U2 SONG EVER RELEASED. until they released yawnweh

I put context in there too.

Thus:
1) Babyface
2) Wild Honey
3) Peace on Earth
4) The Playboy Mansion
5) Red Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom