Post your CTL+V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
music, reading, being a packrat, sleeping, travelling, shopping, crossword puzzles, good food, knitting, photography, procrastinating, tea

So Merry Internet Christmas 2006
I'd say "hell yeah man" but you're all a bunch of chicks
Oh yeah

"There is no way that writers can be tamed and rendered civilized or even cured. The only solution known to science is to provide the patient with an isolation room, where he can endure the acute stages in private and where food can be poked in to him with a stick."
– Robert Heinlein

Nat says:
i had the day off from college on tuesday, and i vowed to get it done then
Nat says:
instead i went to ikea
John says:
dear god
Nat says:
what?
Nat says:
ikea rules, meatballs
John says:
I'm shocked
Nat says:
why
John says:
just am
Nat says:
im confused, why are you shocked at my love of meatballs from ikea?

P1000411.jpg

If she's truly low-income, then she can use the Women Infant Children program (http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/). It's federally funded and helps provide information and also food & supplements to moms, moms-to-be, and their children & babies. You have to apply for it, so you have to be under a certain income. However, DC is fairly good and allows for a higher income than many other states.

As for the natural stuff, I don't know. What some hospitals allow you to do (i.e., Georgetown & Virginia Hospital Center) is to have a "birthing plan." It's essentially a document you bring that outlines things that you want or don't want.

Make sure that this person is using the correct terminology and asking for what she wants. If all the wants is a "natural childbirth/delivery," then you can do that anywhere. A natural childbirth is simply doing it without pain medication. That's the only difference. You can do that at any hospital. In fact, the lack of pain medication is just about all you can do 'naturally.' There are no medicines or anything to take during pregnancy, so there's not much natural stuff you can do there. Herbals, etc., are actually NOT recommended during pregnancy. The reason for that is that they have not been tested in pregnant moms. An herbal company or a resource may claim that it's safe, but there have been very, very few---close to none----objective, third-party studies of herbal medications, etc., in pregnant moms. Teas (caffeine free), organic foods, etc., are all fine. But I wouldn't recommend taking any natural food or product that has an "intent"--like it's used for something...know what I mean? Like an herbal to lower blood pressure or something like that. If you were to do it just for yourself, I'd be fine with that.. but I don't think it's worth it with a baby.

So, essentially, all that there really is to be natural about is to not have pain medication during the delivery. Please know that there are instances in which receiving some medicine (not pain meds) is absolutely necessary, though. For instance, if a mom has a fever during the delivery, she (and potentially the baby, depending on the circumstances) MUST receive certain antibiotics----otherwise the baby will have an extremely high likelihood of infection and going into sepsis. Unfortunately, that's a very real possibility. So again, your main choice in whether or not to have a natural childbirth is the choice of whether to receive pain medication. You can make this choice at any hospital and do not need to find a special natural practice in order to do so.

One thing that some moms who go natural look into is a doula. A doula is essentially a person (almost always a woman) who is trained to help the mom with the emotional and practical aspects of the delivery and the post-partum period. They're almost like a pregnancy coach. If you look into this, make sure the person is certified (here's the organization: http://www.dona.org/mothers/index.php). Having a doula is a personal choice, and if you're looking to be economical, a doula may be an extravagance.

I'm sorry that I couldn't give many specific resources. If this person is "low-income," then by all means be sure to look into WIC--they can help out a ton. If they're looking for a "natural childbirth," know that this specifically refers to not having pain medication, and that you can do that just about anywhere without any special natural OB practice required. If they're looking for advice on natural diets during pregnancy, I don't have any resources for that. (If they find one, please let me know so that I can have it as a resource!). Know that eating healthy, organic food is absolutely awesome and great during pregnancy; just be very wary and cautious--most have not been tested in pregnant moms, babies or children.

I hope she has a great pregnancy & has fun throughout the whole experience! Be sure to take lots of pictures of the cute little dude or chica when he/she arrives. =) I hope this helps some!

Have fun,
xxx
p.s.----VACCINATE your kids! =) All rumored links between vaccines and autism come from poorly made conclusions from poorly done studies, and all have been disproven. If someone is interested, I can provide them with very useful information. ;)

Lyrics to Gwen Stefani Wind It Up

High on the hills with the lonely goatherd, lay-od-lay-od-lay-he-hoo
Yodell back with the girl and goatherd, lay-od-lay-od-low

Wind it up
Wind it up, uh, uh, uh, uh
Yodellay, yodallay, yodal-low

(Yeah)
This is the key that makes us wind up
When the beat comes on, the girls all line up
And the boys all look, but no, they can't touch
But the girls want to know why the boys like us so much

They like the we dance, they like the way we work
They like that way that L.A.M.B. is going across my shirt
They like the way my pants, it compliments my shape (She's crazy, right?)
They like the way we react everytime we dance

Everytime the bass bangs, realize it calls your name
Let the beat wind you up, and don't stop till your time is up
Get in line now

You've got to let the beat get under your skin
You've got to open up, and let it all in
But see, once it gets in, the poppin' begins
And then you find out, why all the boys stare

They're trying to bite our style
Trying to study our approach
They like the way we do it, so original
[ these lyrics found on http://www.completealbumlyrics.com ]
I guess that they are slow, so they should leave the room
This beat is for the clubs, and cars that go

Everytime the bass bangs, realize it calls your name
Let the beat wind you up, and don't stop till your time is up
Get in line now

Uh, uh, uh, wind it up, uh, uh, uh, uh
(Ya'll ready)

Uh huh, it's your moment
Uh huh, come on girl, you know you own it
Uh huh, you know your key is still tick-tockin'
Hell yeah, and you know they're watchin'

Get it girl, get it, get it girl
Get it girl, get it, get it girl
To the font, to the side,
To the back, but don't let him ride

Keep goin' girl, it's your night
Don't let him steal your light
I know he thinks you're fine and stuff
But does he know how to wind you up?
(Come on)

Yodellay, yodallay, yodal-low, hey!

YOU SHOULD ASK HIM AGAIN ABOUT THE LOCK, AS IT'S A GOOD QUESTION, ESPECIALLY IF THESE ARE GOING INTO A MOVING VEHICLE, AS THE LOCK MAY HELP TO KEEP THE DOORS CLOSED WHILE MOVING, ESPECIALLY IF THERE WILL NOT BE SPRINGS TO THE SAME.

"That chick has a great voice," He boomed. "It's a guy? Whoah, there goes my erection. I apologise to the singer - I guess I'll not be asking him out on a date now but he sounds real good. When I listen to his voice I feel like someone is tickling my penis with a feather." - Pete Steele on hearing Matt Bellamy sing Cave.

Back
Top Bottom