Post All Oscar Discussion Here - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2003, 12:04 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:47 AM
Martin Scorsese didn't win either! Poor guy..

Old 03-24-2003, 12:16 AM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:47 AM
i'm more annoyed with the lyric change, michael moore, and scorsese and day lewis getting screwed than i am about eminem winning the oscar. i thought all along that the only song hands could lose to was loose yourself. if you can put your anti-rap feelings aside, it was a very good song, and i figured he'd pick up some votes just because the a lot of people thought he should have been nominated for best actor in 8 mile, for some strange reason... no big deal though... woulda been nice, but HMTMKMKM is still a better song and that wasn't even nominated for an oscar. i'm still more pissed about the abreviated and edited version of hands more than anything.

Old 03-24-2003, 12:16 AM   #138
MacPhisto's serving wench

There are so many classy ways to mention war: case and point: Adrian Brody. The man was pure genius. And while I was bitterly disappointed that Day-Lewis lost, I felt that Brody was an amazing second (first) choice.

And U2/Eminem?? My life has lost all meaning. The boys rocked tonight. sigh.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:19 AM   #139

Keep in mind that all/most Oscar songs are edited due to time constraints. It's been like that for a while. Plus, Hands IS a long song. I felt the lyric change was nice. Appropriate, classy, and nice.

One day I hope Ed Harris wins.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:30 AM   #140
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:47 AM
Adrian Brody. Dear God in Heaven.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:35 AM   #141
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:47 AM
oi vey please dont tell me you think he's hot.

His eyebrows were annoying the hell out of me
Old 03-24-2003, 12:39 AM   #142
Refugee

Michael Moore = asshole. 15 soldiers died for him today. I'm glad he got booed.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:41 AM   #143
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

LOL
Old 03-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #144
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I agree. I find nothing attactive about him. Good actor, though.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:44 AM   #145
Refugee

Local Time: 08:47 AM
Quote:

ya, not to mention a nose that could hook a fish!

on the oscars! They get paid billions and they still have to have each stroke their egos.

And they always pick about 5 movies, cycle through those to see who wins what. It's like a lottery drawing!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:45 AM   #146

Micheal Moore's Acceptance Speech...right off of Oscar.com (yup, they post ALL the speeches)

Whoa. On behalf of our producers Kathleen Glynn and Michael Donovan from Canada, I'd like to thank the Academy for this. I have invited my fellow documentary nominees on the stage with us, and we would like to they're here in solidarity with me because we like nonfiction. We like nonfiction and we live in fictitious times. We live in the time where we have fictitious election results that elects a fictitious president. We live in a time where we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons. Whether it's the fictition of duct tape or fictition of orange alerts we are against this war, Mr. Bush. Shame on you, Mr. Bush, shame on you. And any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up. Thank you very much.

Adrien Brody:

And his speech:
bet they didn't tell you that was in the gift bag. Oh my god. Thank you. Thank you, really. Oh my goodness. It doesn't come out in slow motion, but it doesn't really ring a bell. The name I didn't know my name. This Adrien? Okay. I haven't really written a speech because every time I wrote a speech for the past one of these things I didn't win. But, you know, there comes a time in life when everything seems to make sense and this is not one of those times. What I do know though is that I've never felt this much love and encouragement from my peers and from people I admire and from complete strangers. And it means a great deal to me. And if it weren't for the insomnia and the sudden panic attacks, this has been an amazing, amazing journey. I have to thank they're already flashing time's up. I have to thank my mother and father, most importantly, for all the creativity and encouragement and they've been just real strength. They've given me a great deal of strength. What can I say? This film would not be possible without the blue print provided by Wladyslaw Szpilman. This is a tribute to his survival. I'd like to thank Roman Polanski for the role of a lifetime. And for those of you who have seen the film and have sat through the credits, you know there are too many people to thank individually. I would not be there without all their efforts. And I thank them. And everyone worked extremely hard to make this film. And I have to thank Focus Features for getting us out there. To my longtime friend, manager, agent, consigliare Joanne Colonna everybody at the firm, PMK/HBH. And you know, wait one second. One second, please one second. Cut it out, cut it out. I get one shot at this. I'm sorry. I didn't say more than five names, I don't think, but. This is, you know, it fills me with great joy, but I am also filled with a lot of sadness tonight because I am accepting an award at such a strange time. And you know my experiences of making this film made me very aware of the sadness and the dehumanization of people at times of war. And the repercussions of war. And whatever you believe in, if it's God or Allah, may he watch over you and let's pray for a peaceful and swift resolution. Thank you. And I have a friend from Queens who's a soldier in Kuwait right now, Tommy Zarabinski, and I hope you and your boys make it back real soon. God bless you guys. I love you. Thank you very much.

Old 03-24-2003, 12:48 AM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Besides U2 losing to Eminem, the biggest surprise for me was Adrian Brody winning for Best Actor--then his speech.
I'd thought he was from England or something, but it turns out that he has this Noo Yawk accent! His speech was also outstanding.
I loved how he shushed up the orchestra when they were trying to hurry up his speech!
I don't think he's much to look at, but he seems to have a winning personality.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:04 AM   #148
Blue Crack Supplier

fuck the oscars
Old 03-24-2003, 01:06 AM   #149
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
fuck the oscars
Oscar the Grouch?
Oscar de la Hoya?
Old 03-24-2003, 01:07 AM   #150
Blue Crack Supplier

i like michael moore. and i like what he said.