Pink Floyd: Better Than U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge><Gilmour

both> Slash

Pink Floyd> Zep
U2 and Floyd are so different from each other it's stupid to say anything both have been amazing and both will continue to astound some kid who finds The Joshua Tree or Darskide in his Dad's room and sits down and listens to them is amazingly lucky

I love Pink Floyd. But they were a completely different band, it's like comparing apples and oranges. I'm addicted to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" from "Wish You Were Here". But they can't replace U2.

lyrically Roger Waters was better and band's music ideas were much more open , universal theme , anyone can relate to
U2 never had that , irish blood is too hot ( in a good way )

shaun vox said:

go fuck your self!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only dissappointment I have from that remark, shaun, is that it took you that long to respond. I guess you were busy jerking off to G'N'R records.

btw, why do you waste your time on a U2 forum when there are probably, like, at least 1 to 1 1/2 good velvet revolver forums out there....

Wow...you guys sure know how to stuff up a good thread...! Not JUST the last few posters, but pages back...your arguments were flimsy, you seemed determined not to let someone else have their OPINION and failed to see that the two bands are completely different and anyone is free to work in whichever way they wish...so if Pink Floyd 'took themselves too seriously' (by which you mean making some of the finest records of all time) then who cares...? They were clearly very critical of their own work...and why not? Who wants to put out a crap, half-baked album...? Listen to plenty of U2, and you'll find it hard not to label them in the same way...though they have made exceptional albums as well.

At the end of the day, both bands kick ass and trying to shove your opinion down another guy's throat when comparing bands is going to produce slim pickings, I'm afraid...!

Last edited:
Syd Barrett-era "Pink Floyd" rocks my world. I lose interest after that, personally.

Melon

JOFO said:

the only dissappointment I have from that remark, shaun, is that it took you that long to respond. I guess you were busy jerking off to G'N'R records.

btw, why do you waste your time on a U2 forum when there are probably, like, at least 1 to 1 1/2 good velvet revolver forums out there....

velvet revolver sites?
fourms, go serch and you will find..
but here are some to shut you up!

VELVET-REVOLVER.org - The Unofficial Fan Site!

Velvet Revolver Argentina

Velvet Revolver Forum

Velvet Revolver Mania (In French)

Velvet Revolver Online (In German)

Velvet Revolver Uruguay (In Spanish)

dont go on these sites you might get your pansy arss kicked off!!
you fit right in with the john mayer crowd !

Last edited:
typhoon said:

A simple but moving Dylan rip-off like "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" is always going to mean more to me than a technically awesome but emotionally cold masterpiece like "Echoes."

You find Echoes "emotionally cold"? Also; for me, yes, Comfortably Numb - the solo in particular - WAS life changing... so was Streets, and With or Without You.

I love both these bands. Their music has great intensity and depth... but our appreciation of it is obviously subjective, due to the minor detail of us all being individuals with varying tastes.:crack:

In Live At Pompeii Roger Waters (megalomaniac git, but immensely talented lyricist) makes a comment along the lines of this: if the music touches you, if you feel it, that's all that matters. That says it all, as far as I'm concerned. As several other people succinctly put it: apples and oranges.

If people get this stupidly heated over something based on opinions, it's high time to grow up and learn to respect each others' views even when we disagree. All the bitchiness and swearing is like kindergarten gone wrong. :rolleyes:
:huh:

Last edited:
Last edited:
How about

:huh:www.ijustwantedtodiscussmy2favouritebandslikeanadultbutendedupinthisbullshitfornoapparantreason.co.uk ??

Just a suggestion. :crazy:

Last edited:
ps i dont masterbate to gnr (any more)
slash is my hero(i never wished i was him or any thing like that)
and yes im a guitar wanker all the way.
i play mean and i play my arss off! look out for my 3 min guitar solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill upload some shit soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just something for you (for being so nice to me)
photo24.jpg

slash_bent.jpg

you see that ,,,,,, thats called bending a string!!!!!!
ok School of rock is over(until next time)
slash2001.jpg

yes im your rockNroll teacher kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell happened to this thread?

Anyway, I was just noticing today how similar Race Against Time is to One of These Days. Or at least the bass is almost identical.

Shaun, you're just making yourself look like a gigantic tool. I'd suggest buggering off.

Yeah, so maybe I was a complete fucktard on the jam session thing but you've all missed my point in my post on page 6.

Great thread, one about Pink Floyd became a Slash picture thread, madness it is indeed, although I've enjoyed it:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom