Peep-o-Day, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to say that listening to The Verve's A Storm In Heaven while it's storming outside is really quite great. I didn't do it deliberately, certainly wasn't conscious of the title until just a few minutes ago. But it's been great.

How's the weather there, anyway? What can I expect? I figure it's... hot and stormy.

It could be the epic quotability. Nah, no, really I've never found them to be standout. Some good bits in each one, but none of them rank in a funniest movies list to me.

Hey, nice. I have no idea what a considerable amount of what you just said is, but nonetheless, that guy sounds pretty cool. Ooh, actually I had a red the other day at a friend's engagement party that I really liked! A red! Wish I could remember the brand. Will have to ask someone if they do.

I can see where you're coming from, and certainly some parts lose me, but in general, the quality moments cover for a multitude more sins than are even present in the bad moments, so the movies rank right up there for me.

Hah. Awesome. What was it like? I could perhaps try to point out something along similar lines next time we're in the same city.

How's the weather there, anyway? What can I expect? I figure it's... hot and stormy.

I FEEL LIKE I AM DYING. The last few days have been awful. Fucking hot, humid and sticky, and some dramatic storms. But it's going to be cooler over the next couple of days - typical, just as I leave.

Also, I saw the shoegaze discussion earlier. Refresh my memory - did you ever actually listen to all of Urban Hymns or not?

I can see where you're coming from, and certainly some parts lose me, but in general, the quality moments cover for a multitude more sins than are even present in the bad moments, so the movies rank right up there for me.

Hah. Awesome. What was it like? I could perhaps try to point out something along similar lines next time we're in the same city.

Ni.

Yeah, I getcha. Different strokes and shit, of course.

Oh gee, I can't remember exactly. Not like cardboard, basically? It was soft, very drinkable. Speaking of which, that's why I haven't been posting - I'm trying to figure out how to reply to A_W in the alcopop discussion. Eloquent bastard. I didn't go to ZC to start a FYM discussion. I went there for goddamn crying and hugging emoticons.

Yeah, I getcha. Different strokes and shit, of course.

Oh gee, I can't remember exactly. Not like cardboard, basically? It was soft, very drinkable. Speaking of which, that's why I haven't been posting - I'm trying to figure out how to reply to A_W in the alcopop discussion. Eloquent bastard!

Hah, righto. So in other words, maybe I should steer clear of my favoured complex dry reds.

Maybe I should head over to that discussion and propose my Stupidity Tax. :laugh:

Hah, righto. So in other words, maybe I should steer clear of my favoured complex dry reds.

Maybe I should head over to that discussion and propose my Stupidity Tax. :laugh:

Of course not, I want to try better things, I don't want to feel like I'm drinking the fourex of the red world. ;)

Nah, it'd be good, but I don't want to make it seem like I'm calling for reinforcements. See, I mostly agree with his latest post. But I still fucking hate alcopops.

Of course not, I want to try better things, I don't want to feel like I'm drinking the fourex of the red world. ;)

Nah, it'd be good, but I don't want to make it seem like I'm calling for reinforcements. See, I mostly agree with his latest post. But I still fucking hate alcopops.

Oh, I mean I'd steer more towards the other end of the red spectrum in terms of taste rather than quality. Something pretty smooth with good vitality and very drinkable. I'm actually thinking it'll be fairly easy to find a pinot noir fitting that description. Perhaps a Kiwi one from somewhere OTHER than Central Otago. I rave about Central, but other regions are doing interesting stuff too.

And yeah, I don't find much to disagree with, except that I don't share his aversion to taxes. Either way, I just want these louts getting wasted on cheap grog to FOAD.

I just accidentally listened to Beautiful Day. What the fuck. When I realised it was on, though, I decided to listen ... damn, it seems underwhelming now, like it's just a U2 anthem by the numbers.

Walk On is starting now and I don't actually feel inclined to turn it off.

Oh, I mean I'd steer more towards the other end of the red spectrum in terms of taste rather than quality. Something pretty smooth with good vitality and very drinkable. I'm actually thinking it'll be fairly easy to find a pinot noir fitting that description. Perhaps a Kiwi one from somewhere OTHER than Central Otago. I rave about Central, but other regions are doing interesting stuff too.

And yeah, I don't find much to disagree with, except that I don't share his aversion to taxes. Either way, I just want these louts getting wasted on cheap grog to FOAD.

I think the one I had came from SE Australia. Yeah, not even Fleurieu, how about that?

Yeah, I just made a reply, but I'm not happy with it. Maybe I need to go to bed.

Go take your temperature.

Walk On is my 2000s U2 guilty pleasure. Funny, that guitar line Edge recycled for Electrical Storm and Crumbs was really good.

Well, in any case, Boomerang II is on now.

I think the one I had came from SE Australia. Yeah, not even Fleurieu, how about that?

Yeah, I just made a reply, but I'm not happy with it. Maybe I need to go to bed.

I bet it was a shiraz then. God, could this country possibly make any more shiraz?

I'm writing a wrap-up of 2008 for my blog. I bet I'll just get New Year's blues and tumble into bed miserable in half an hour.

Also:

Also, I saw the shoegaze discussion earlier. Refresh my memory - did you ever actually listen to all of Urban Hymns or not?

:waiting:

I bet it was a shiraz then. God, could this country possibly make any more shiraz?

I'm writing a wrap-up of 2008 for my blog. I bet I'll just get New Year's blues and tumble into bed miserable in half an hour.

Also:

:waiting:

Haha, so I hear.

I look forward to reading, but I think I'm out. I mean, it's the 2nd of January now. The year's basically half over. Gotta get things done!

Also, no. You'd sooner find yourself listening to Abbey Road.

Haha, so I hear.

I look forward to reading, but I think I'm out. I mean, it's the 2nd of January now. The year's basically half over. Gotta get things done!

Also, no. You'd sooner find yourself listening to Abbey Road.

Let me put it this way: Urban Hymns is like Achtung Baby. Judging it by the singles is both quite sensible and quite daft. I mean, if you judged Achtung by One, you're sparing yourself other crap like So Cruel, so well done for being sensible. But you're also being daft, because you're missing out on The Fly, Acrobat, and LIB. In other words, sure, Urban Hymns has Bittersweet Symphony and Sonnet and whatnot, but it also has Space And Time (their best song in my view), Weeping Willow, The Rolling People, and Come On. At least listen to those songs.

And have a good night! Good to see you posting a bunch again; I'd missed your presence these last few days. :wave:

Let me put it this way: Urban Hymns is like Achtung Baby. Judging it by the singles is both quite sensible and quite daft. I mean, if you judged Achtung by One, you're sparing yourself other crap like So Cruel, so well done for being sensible. But you're also being daft, because you're missing out on The Fly, Acrobat, and LIB. In other words, sure, Urban Hymns has Bittersweet Symphony and Sonnet and whatnot, but it also has Space And Time (their best song in my view), Weeping Willow, The Rolling People, and Come On. At least listen to those songs.

And have a good night! Good to see you posting a bunch again; I'd missed your presence these last few days. :wave:

Hmm, makes sense. If you could send those to me sometime, it'd be appreciated. Just don't be in a rush to listen to Abbey Road now.

Thanks, yeah it's good to have some time off. Been busy, and there's still more going on this month, but it's good to be back. Catch you later! :wave:

Hmm, makes sense. If you could send those to me sometime, it'd be appreciated. Just don't be in a rush to listen to Abbey Road now.

Thanks, yeah it's good to have some time off. Been busy, and there's still more going on this month, but it's good to be back. Catch you later! :wave:

Will swing them to you once I'm back in Melbourne. Meanwhile, perhaps I should stop listening to U2 and put on some death metal or something.

See you! :wave:

Dead thread? Khanda's not working today, I take it?

Well, I'm going to bed. See you tumbleweeds later. :wave:

:lol:

alkaseltzer.jpg

+

gatorade.jpg

=

:dancing:

I'm still sleepy. I was only up til 1:30. I didn't get up til 11:15. Does that make sense?

It's fucking 30 degrees outside and some guy is mowing his lawn...and it has snow on it. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom