Paris' album is (whisper it) actually ok...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
I feel so dirty. And not in that good dirrrty kind of way. On a whim and for laughs I downloaded the new Paris Hilton album (now on mininova!) and to my absolute horror... I actually kinda like 5 or so tracks. 'Stars Are Blind' is cool - a nice summery vibe - and if it was by anyone apart from Paris it would probably be rated as one of the years best pop moments. However to my surprise it comes as the third best track on the album.

The new album mix of 'Screwed' is simply shit hot. Sparse production, hardly no double tracking of her 'voice' (one thing you'll notice is Paris rarely just 'sings' - its layered over and over), and a wicked beat - the trampy little moppet has put out a banger - all puns strictly on purpose.

Lo and behold, track 4 - 'I Want You' samples the 'Grease' title tune (by the Bee Gees - or Andy Gibb - I never remember if it was credited to the group or no) and is actually kind of fun. Utterly brainless, but pretty cool.

I also rate 'Leaving Without You' and 'Nothing In This World'.

Admittedly 6 songs suck arse, and her version of Rod Stewart's 'Do You Think I'm Sexy' is doabolical - but who the hell expected a half decent album from her? I guess money can buy talent....

Last edited:
are you sure you ddint mean to post this in zoo confessionals?

You make it sound worth listening to! I didn't know she was releasing an album, and dont listen to chart music at all, so I'd not hear it if I dont download it.

Dont feel you can't talk about any music in here. It's about time the so-called purists fucked right off with their anti anything that is not JJJ or the American equivilant, especially given the last time I checked indie music out, it was no better or worse than some mainstream.

It is??? All this time I thought there was nothing to her except gossip magazines :lol:

I have a lot to learn.
:tsk:

What's the perfume called? I have to go on a Paris educational tour of Myer.

i thought she was supposed to delay this album so she could cover gnarls barkley's crazy?

Ha! A cover of 'Crazy' would kinda fit...
As the instigator of the much maligned NSync thread (pre gay announcements) and now Paris, I can assure you I am trying to bring the tone of this place way down. Yet it seems its us Aussie flying the "shit" music flag... lol

As a rule I would seriously not even go for Paris' album - but curiosity has been surprisingly repaid.

http: //ontour2001. tripod .com / sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/ screwed. m p 3

remove spaces...

Last edited:
I'm curious to hear the new version of Screwed. I heard (and liked!) the version that was leaked online a year or so ago.

I'm not thrilled with Stars Go Blind, but I've never been a big fan of reggae beats.

This is one artist I won't feel guilty about downloading with no intention of buying ... the heiress doesn't need all those royalties to put food on her table. :wink:

Angela Harlem said:
It is??? All this time I thought there was nothing to her except gossip magazines :lol:

I have a lot to learn.
:tsk:

What's the perfume called? I have to go on a Paris educational tour of Myer.

It's called, surprise, "Paris Hilton". A girlfriend first smelt it and told me about it, it is actually very nice, lots of lily of the valley! :ohmy: :)

I listened to it on the way to work this morning. It didn't do anything for me, not even in a Big Dump Pop song kind of way.

Screwed is still a fun song. I don't like Stars Go Blind. The song that had the sample from the 'Grease' theme song wasn't bad. But the first two songs I heard name-checked that skeezy Scott Storch guy (the producer? I think??), and I was immediately turned off.

Holy shit there's a lot of semi-subtle pitch-correction on Screwed.

Still, the production is quite poppy and fun. Sounds very UK late 90s bubble pop, which I don't find as irritating as some current shit going down in the sugary sweet world of disposable music.

Not bad, actually.

:huh:

It wasn't enough that she (or whoever wrote the damn things) stole Madonna for "A Public Affair," now she stole another 80s classic?

Damn celebrities. I wish I had the rich parents so I could go out and record a wank-off album Ashlee Simpson style and get it released all over the fricken' place.

Dayum.

I usually don't care too much about La Hilton but I read something that she said yesterday and that actually made sense:

"....I don't act like myself in public, because I don't really want to show everyone the real me. Because I have no privacy whatsoever, the only thing I have is who I really am."......

That is VERY true.......

I can only hope that she is nothing like her public persona - which is that of a spoiled rich brat party girl.

Back
Top Bottom