Octagon Bar 2 - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2004, 08:39 AM   #376
Refugee

Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Local Time: 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tania
Stars, has anyone told you, you are the worlds biggest flirt
You say that like it's bad Just remember, that all the promises I make are sincere. at least for today. In a setting like this, I like Bono's words "Let's go to Vegas, Let's get Married.... for a while" I'm actually quite monogamous, and flirt a lot less (with others) when I have in my life. But for now, I'm trying to figure out who in the know world will actually find all this finger tapping irresistable and will sweep me away, or will allow me to whisk them away, all the way back to Ashburn, VA.

Quote:
Sorry, I don't have a scanner to send through a photo.

Quote:
How about a description: Shortish, Longish and blackish hair, Brownish eyes and Irish... will that do?
Cool! Irish, like you were born and raised in Ireland? Would love to visit Australia as well... but that's a whole 'nother leg of the U2 tour So, when are you going to find a digital picture of yourself?

Quote:
Now, back to the drinking...
>>> Pours another kilkenny <<<

Digsy, what kind of work are you doing?

Old 10-29-2004, 08:49 AM   #377
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:30 AM
No, no, no... sorry, I meant it in a nice way. A lot of the things you say are really caring and considerate, which I found a little disconcerting at first because I am not used to it (long story which I could tell you but boring everyone to the point of blood running out of their ears is not a good way to start).

Anyway, I was born in N.I. and have lived most of my life in Oz, but have been back. My Ma and Da moved to Sydney to give us a better life and then I moved to Perth for work.

So, what does everyone else do, workwise?

Old 10-29-2004, 08:59 AM   #378
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsforu2
Birthday huh? Anything we can do it do to sweeten it? Send you a U2 bootleg on DVD or CD? I just finished downloading 8-16-92 Show in Washington D.C. DVD, very nice! I was there at the show! I'm still scanning the video to see if I'm actually in it.
Well, surprise me!

Quote:
<<< Sings >>> Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...

Oops! <<< Snatches coffee off of the bar, replacing it with a tea cup and saucer, sugar and cream >>>

>>> Heats water, and gives Merc a potpourri of tea bags in which to choose from <<<

You'll have to tell me which tea bags to stock, so that I can serve you more effectively
If you want to know more about me - I'll just have my tea without anything, no cream no sugar...

Would you really buy a stock of tea just for me?! Awww you're the best!

Well then, my favourites a strawberry, blackcurrent and forrest fruit... but I can can drink just about any tea... just not lemon, orange or anything like that... it makes me sick, so I can't breathe...
Old 10-29-2004, 09:03 AM   #379
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Good morning all.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:08 AM   #380
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:30 PM
starsgoblue is back YAY
think i got the magazine today by the way - my housemate called to say i had a package from america so that may be it i hope!

i work in film post-production - deal with colour grading and vfx and stuff.
its quite cool because i get to work on wicked films and stuff and i'm doing really well but sometimes the cost is greater than the reward.

her you can check me out on imdb.com (internet movie data base)
either type in Dianne Gordon and select (II) or click direct here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1702223/
Old 10-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #381
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:30 PM
Quote:

Birthday huh? Anything we can do it do to sweeten it? Send you a U2 bootleg on DVD or CD? I just finished downloading 8-16-92 Show in Washington D.C. DVD, very nice! I was there at the show! I'm still scanning the video to see if I'm actually in it.

hey stars, you got any recomendations as to where i can download full concert bootlegs - i dont have any and feel i'm missing out but don't quite know wehre to start either!
Old 10-29-2004, 09:10 AM   #382
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
Good morning all.
Good morning stars!

Did I just say "Good morning"?! It's 6pm here and very dark outside... It's hard to imagine that you've just gotten out of bed!

*Wishes she was in the same timezone as the American Octagon'ers*
Old 10-29-2004, 09:13 AM   #383
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by digsy

hey stars, you got any recomendations as to where i can download full concert bootlegs - i dont have any and feel i'm missing out but don't quite know wehre to start either!
u2bloodredskymetrohub (I think it's called), if you want, I can get you all the links and even help you set it up if you have questions. It wasn't entirely straightforward on how to set it up, but I'm in love with it now

Just give me permission to email you through this service. So, you won't feel odd about. I'll have to do it from home, since all the info is there. I'd rather not broadcast everything through here. I don't know who is watching
Old 10-29-2004, 09:14 AM   #384
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Well, u2rome.com would be a good place to start since they have a nice collection of boots from '83 'till '01 - You'll have to register, but it's worth it...

Sorry for answering your question stars...
Old 10-29-2004, 09:17 AM   #385
Refugee

Quote:
starsgoblue is back YAY
think i got the magazine today by the way - my housemate called to say i had a package from america so that may be it i hope!

i work in film post-production - deal with colour grading and vfx and stuff.
its quite cool because i get to work on wicked films and stuff and i'm doing really well but sometimes the cost is greater than the reward.

her you can check me out on imdb.com (internet movie data base)
either type in Dianne Gordon and select (II) or click direct here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1702223/
You're almost famous I had an aunt that worked in London for years on movies like "Labyrinth", "Dark Crystal" and "Little Shop of Horrors". She was employed by Jim Henson for quite a few years. Her husband made documentaries for the Royal Navy for several decades. I think it's cool that you want to make movies too! I think up stories like movies, but I have no experience in making them.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:18 AM   #386
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
Good morning all.
Welcome back we missed you
Old 10-29-2004, 09:19 AM   #387
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:30 AM
Good morning Starsgoblue,

It is morning here as well, except tomorrow morning (Saturday), just, for me and I am still working...

Oh well, I am drinking vodka's at the moment (given up on the beer), so the typing is getting interesting....

Should have gone out dancing...
Old 10-29-2004, 09:23 AM   #388
Refugee

Quote:
No, no, no... sorry, I meant it in a nice way. A lot of the things you say are really caring and considerate, which I found a little disconcerting at first because I am not used to it (long story which I could tell you but boring everyone to the point of blood running out of their ears is not a good way to start).

Anyway, I was born in N.I. and have lived most of my life in Oz, but have been back. My Ma and Da moved to Sydney to give us a better life and then I moved to Perth for work.

Heh, heh. I work with computers. I do systems management and software development on VMS systems (VMS is a mainframe, large server operating system popular with governments, hospitals and banks, because it rarely crashes and is ultra-secure)
I'm currently contracted out to work for the United States Postal Service (So getting things mailed out to you should be relatively quick ). My job has me going around the country installing computer systems and teaching classes (on how to use or install our hardware and software). The software's main purpose is to help sort the mail. I guess you could say that I deliver

Tania, no offense taken. People only make those kind of observations when they approve of it, or want some attention themselves. So, here's a , and a and a for you!
Old 10-29-2004, 09:27 AM   #389
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Study pharmacy on 4th year... which includes a lab-course in drug production, where this pic is taken a few days ago! That should pretty much excuse why I'm wearing that stupid blue 'hat' - no hair in the tablets!

... and the reason for the big grin - well, it isn't exactly GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) to take a camera into the lab, so we felt like little kids doing whats not allowed...

Edited to say: ... and no, my shoes isn't that blue - it's our shoe covers - we wear them so we don't walk around the lab with dirty shoes...
Old 10-29-2004, 09:32 AM   #390
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Merc

Well, surprise me!

If you want to know more about me - I'll just have my tea without anything, no cream no sugar...

Would you really buy a stock of tea just for me?! Awww you're the best!

Well then, my favourites a strawberry, blackcurrent and forrest fruit... but I can can drink just about any tea... just not lemon, orange or anything like that... it makes me sick, so I can't breathe...
Right then, tea, absolutely naked.

You'll have to send me an email with your address if you want a b-day gift. It would be no problem at all. Love to share what I've gotten for free

:shift: Besides, I might need a European connection for Euro releases of U2 gear