Octagon Bar 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me!.jpg

Fish.jpg

:)

Alan

ps. I'm off out in a bit to see an acoustic gig of local bands at my Students Union:up: Have a good evening all.

hands tomer a coke (is that ok?)

where abouts in south africa you going??
what i tell you depends on that!

digsy said:

I have no idea - at this time, I don't even know if I'm going to South Africa...

... all I know is, that I'm going to Africa in a year for three months :huh: - but right now my mind is set on South Africa. That's where I would like to go most, if it's possible! :D

digsy said:
hands tomer a coke (is that ok?)

:up: thanks

enajh2 said:
Can I have a budweiser please? But it'll have to be a quick one.

ps. Digsy, Snow Patrol - Live at Somerset House:sexywink:

ooh when??
i know they're playing brixton academy in london end of november and i really wanna go
tix are only about £17 but what with iPods and 4 versions of both vertigo and HTDAAB its looking like a VERY tight month cash wise:(

Merc said:

I have no idea - at this time, I don't even know if I'm going to South Africa...

... all I know is, that I'm going to Africa in a year for three months :huh: - but right now my mind is set on South Africa. That's where I would like to go most, if it's possible! :D

depends what you want to do when you're there?

i'm from cape town so i might be bias, but it really is the only place worth spending any extended amount of time in. dont bother with johannesburg (crap, dirty and ugly) and if you really want to maybe head up to durban but once again i dont see the point.
best bet is go to capetown and then take some time to go up the east coast to kysna (gorgeous) plett (stopping to do the worlds highest bungee jump on the way!) jeffreys bay grahams town and stop when you get to Port Elizabeth - no point in going much further or staying too long there either.

if you wanna get off the beaten track definitely go to one of the game reserves and head up to the drakensburg mountains and if you can get some people together i totally suggest doing a trip down the orange river which borders south arica and namibia - done it twice myself and and one of the best thigns in the world ever!

i dunno, i'm not much of a salesperson on thsi simply because i truly believe cape town is on eof the most extraordinary places on earth. its beautiful and vibrant and varied and theres sooo much to do and see. i miss it terribly :(

digsy said:

Write my Masters Thesis! :huh: :D

digsy said:
i dunno, i'm not much of a salesperson on thsi simply because i truly believe cape town is on eof the most extraordinary places on earth. its beautiful and vibrant and varied and theres sooo much to do and see. i miss it terribly :(

Well I believe you, Cape Town will definately be considered! :yes:

digsy said:

ooh when??
i know they're playing brixton academy in london end of november and i really wanna go
tix are only about £17 but what with iPods and 4 versions of both vertigo and HTDAAB its looking like a VERY tight month cash wise:(

It's an August show coming out on DVD on the 22nd November;)

This page is really useful http://eil.com/charts/NRChartPage.asp?PageId=9&PageNo=1 See what's down the bottom:hyper: :)

I'll say goodnight... Goodnight!

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vacates bar bud'less!:grumpy: :p <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

digsy said:

i'm from cape town so i might be bias, but it really is the only place worth spending any extended amount of time in. dont bother with johannesburg (crap, dirty and ugly) and if you really want to maybe head up to durban but once again i dont see the point.
best bet is go to capetown and then take some time to go up the east coast to kysna (gorgeous) plett (stopping to do the worlds highest bungee jump on the way!) jeffreys bay grahams town and stop when you get to Port Elizabeth - no point in going much further or staying too long there either.

if you wanna get off the beaten track definitely go to one of the game reserves and head up to the drakensburg mountains and if you can get some people together i totally suggest doing a trip down the orange river which borders south arica and namibia - done it twice myself and and one of the best thigns in the world ever!

From the sounds of it, I don't think I could ever go there without the proper tour guide :no: :sexywink:

i'll be your tour guide

i'm desperate to go back with someone who's never been before and show them round.

its one thing ot have a holiday by myself to see my friends and stuff but i dont really get up to much. to go with someone who's never been would be great, i coudl run around and show them all the cool stuff. i'd probably appreciate it much more myself too

Well, if you're there in early 2006 - and I've been able to come too - I'd love to have you as my guide! :yes:

hmm out of celebration of my own country i suggest a south african drink for everyone"

a sprinkbok (our national animal and name of our rugby team)

shot with peppermint liquer and baileys on top (or if in southafrica substitue baileys with cape velvet - similiar but nicer!)

for the record, seeing this is a U2 forum heres a piece of band info for you...
bono doesnt like springbok drinks. he doesnt like anything peppermint apparently, not even toothpaste! (well thats what he said when i offered him one - had grapefruit schnapps instead)

and now you know

so who wants one!

Merc said:
Well, if you're there in early 2006 - and I've been able to come too - I'd love to have you as my guide! :yes:

yay! i havent been back in 2 years and dont haveany lpans to go next year either so 2006 it is.
i really hope u2 go there for a tour this time round though, they've only ever been on popmart where they ended it - didnt do elevation so i missed out :grumpy:
gutting!

digsy said:
i'll be your tour guide

i'm desperate to go back with someone who's never been before and show them round.

its one thing ot have a holiday by myself to see my friends and stuff but i dont really get up to much. to go with someone who's never been would be great, i coudl run around and show them all the cool stuff. i'd probably appreciate it much more myself too

Your mouth to God's ears! :D I hope that one of the byproducts of all this U2 mania is that I will have greater excuses to travel the world and meet people and not just take the guided tour that I buy off of the internet.

I've been able to see a lot of America this year. 11 trips so far this year from coast to coast, and it's been a blast (crossing my fingers about getting to Alaska soon as well :drool: ) And it's sparked a greater interest in taking my own money and visiting Europe and other locations. (All of the trips I've taken this year have been because of my job)

Thinking about it makes me :hyper: :combust:

>>> Sweeps up Digsy and gives a few twirls around the dance floor <<<

"I'll cross the world for Green and Gold, it's those South African eyes that get me home!"

Mmmm South-african girls rawk....Last time I were in London I met a South-african girl who worked as a bartender......I didn't believe that she was South-african until she spoke afrikaans with me after closing time.....she was hot I tell ya....:combust:

digsy said:
hmm out of celebration of my own country i suggest a south african drink for everyone"

a sprinkbok (our national animal and name of our rugby team)

shot with peppermint liquer and baileys on top (or if in southafrica substitue baileys with cape velvet - similiar but nicer!)

for the record, seeing this is a U2 forum heres a piece of band info for you...
bono doesnt like springbok drinks. he doesnt like anything peppermint apparently, not even toothpaste! (well thats what he said when i offered him one - had grapefruit schnapps instead)

and now you know

so who wants one!

I'll take one :D

starsforu2 said:
And it's sparked a greater interest in taking my own money and visiting Europe and other locations.

YOU (points at stars) need to come to Europe, darling - Copenhagen is waiting for you! :sexywink:

Lemonboiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

*Sorry, couldn't help it! :laugh:*

lemonboiiiiiiiiiiiiii (shes started something here :lol:)

you got a pic babes? cant remember if ytou posted one before and i'd be very curious... :flirt:

Lemonboy said:
Somehow I never get tired of hearing beatiful women scream my name....Guess it's another similarity to Bono....:laugh:

:rolleyes:

:wink:

starsforu2 said:

And it's sparked a greater interest in taking my own money and visiting Europe and other locations. (All of the trips I've taken this year have been because of my job)

>>> Sweeps up Digsy and gives a few twirls around the dance floor <<<

i think i'm post-whoring :D

this is exactly why i'm not going to south africa next year - i'm saving up for other things.

got a east to west coast car trip across america planned which i'm dying to do. got friends in both new york and LA who i really wanna see too! and i'm gonna try get a u2 concert in there somewhere too.

also my friends talking about thailand which would be amazing but will probably fall wayside to a trip to africa i want to take - considering spending 2 weeks in Uganda working with AIDS orphans.
i know it sounds corny, but Bono really has openend my eyes to the shit thats going down there and to say it makes me mad is an understatement. i want to start taking a few trips out there to try "do my bit" as well as learn a lot more about whats happening and why. want to get involved in campaigning and stuff too and when i'm there next year i'm gonna be taking some photos and film footage too, to try put something together documentary wise.
its just a thought and at the moment its all in my head, no concrete plans yet, but i do really wanna do it.

right, now that i've poured that out, i need to pour myself another drink

Merc said:

YOU (points at stars) need to come to Europe, darling - Copenhagen is waiting for you! :sexywink:

I'm trying to figure out if I can follow U2, see all you gals and tour South Africa and Europe all in one fell swoop. :D

I finally read your Journal / Bio thingy! You'll have to help me out with pronouncing your name when I finally do meet you face to face (and when dancing cheek to cheek). :flirt:

And I also know why you're called Merc. Which I thought might be short for Mercenary. :uhoh:

starsforu2 said:
I'm trying to figure out if I can follow U2, see all you gals and tour South Africa and Europe all in one fell swoop. :D

Oiii! :hyper: Stars going to Europe! Let me know when you're comming! :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
I finally read your Journal / Bio thingy! You'll have to help me out with pronouncing your name when I finally do meet you face to face (and when dancing cheek to cheek). :flirt:

:ohmy: I've never used that thing... and whatever i wrote is 6 months old... Well, don't believe everything you've read - some of it is quite outdated! :laugh:

starsforu2 said:
And I also know why you're called Merc. Which I thought might be short for Mercenary. :uhoh:

:eyebrow:

No, a long time ago I feel in love with Freddie, Brian, Roger and John... :yes: Oh, the days of Queen-music - Puts 'A day at the races on' :dance:

And my name, stars.... You have no idea who and how many English speeking people that had serious problems with that! :lol:

...But, I'll gladly give you private lessons in how to pronounce it :flirt:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom