NHL: Lets make a deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael Griffiths said:

"Release" me? Release me from what?

Oh soon we will let you go... Wilson-Phillips is planning your release from this mortal coil.

What would you like on your Tombstone?

Pepperoni?

PS- my spelling becomes slurred after 2 in the morning. I don't know what Michael's excuse is... it took him 2 days to come up with a reply. Can you say world's longest comeback?

:sexywink:

:vicksvaporrub:

Ailments or Michael Griffiths?

*oops, sorry... wrong thread*

cujo said:
my spelling becomes slurred after 2 in the morning

Not a good excuse... it was 5pm. Damn you and your cognitive skills McG.

*waves fist in the air*

NHL Awards Thursday on CBC. I don't know if any American outlets will broadcast it.

John LeClair has waived his no-trade clause and is willing to go to DAL, LA, DET, and NYR I believe...

Interesting.

Martin Straka is also on the chopping block... Canucks maybe?

The Pens want a salary cap under 17 million this season... that's less than Carlos Delgado and A-Rod make in one season. Yikes.

Hall of Fame Inductees for Fall 2003:

Grant Fuhr, Pat LaFontaine.

Thoughts?

Coaching:

Craig MacTavish re-signs as Head Coach with Oilers. 3-year deal.

Ed Olczyk is named Head Coach of Penguins. Good luck.

Goalies:

Chris Osgood re-signs with Blues.

Other stuff:

Lindros takes option on contract with NYR.

Not particularly... but he was the last man in the NHL to not wear a helmet. Now, are you interested in a man who is irresponsible when it comes to protection?

Edgeman said:
nice one Cujo....way to turn her on to Mac T.

Craiggers can handle the ladies just fine. They don't call him Mac T for nothing.

Not all.

Probably has a bridge or two... haven't had the opportunity to inspect him firsthand. I'm not a Westminster certified judge... so I couldn't get into specifics about the bastard.

zonelistener said:
I just wanted to say that Avsgirl has a VERY cool city!

Why, thank you!

When I come home to it, I realize how fond I am of the old place. :wink:

Maybe it was cooler because I was missing from it! :p

okay...the draft is coming up, what do you all see happening?

Also, the Bruins are stupid. What are they DOING? They can't seriously mean to trade Boynton and Rolston for Burke...what is it with them and old goalies with questionable playoff histories. I am not going to pay any more attention to them. *nods solemly* I hereby denounce my Bruins fanship.

Has that been confirmed?

That's all the Bruins need... don't call Burke's playoff history questionable. I'd call the team in front of him questionable... but anyway, if it's true that's a great deal for Boston. Look for them as one of the Top Contenders next year if it's approved.

Draft Dealings:

Khabibulin will move if he hasn't before then...

Jagr for Lindros.

etc...

actually, i think it's rolston or boynton for the first pick in the draft *bad information* lol sorry. The goalie thing...they're probably not going to do anything for a few years anyway, playoff-wise, so they need someone younger anyway. *sigh* they're like crack, and a train wreck, all at once.

zonelistener said:
nooo.

I bet it would be cool if you were there.

I had a very good, but brief time there. Look forward to getting back soon.

Welcome back from vacation.

Awww. :hug:

Well, if you come back, I promise to be in town to say hi!

I really am glad to be back, it was a bit long to be away. And I missed all the Stanley Cup fun.

The Draft will take place on June 21st (Round 1-3), and June 22nd (Subsequent Rounds) at the Gaylord Sports And Entertainment Center in Nashville.

Yee-haw.

I think either Marc-Andre Fleury or Eric Staal will go first... but then again, Rick Dudley likes to shuffle his picks... and Florida already has Luongo. Someone in desperate need of a goaltending prospect will probably trade to take the first position... and secure Fleury.

Scott Parker was traded to San Jose. :( I really liked him.

For our draft pick that we gave up for that lousy Bryan Marchment. *Why* am I the only one who sees that Pierre Lacroix is a moron???

cujo said:
I think either Marc-Andre Fleury or Eric Staal will go first... but then again, Rick Dudley likes to shuffle his picks... and Florida already has Luongo. Someone in desperate need of a goaltending prospect will probably trade to take the first position... and secure Fleury.

And everything went the way I had foreseen.

Mwhahaha.

well the blues massive salary drop has started

bye bye tyson nash

bye bye cory stillman

bye bye valeri bure

bye bye future high salaried players

it was good to have known ya

:sad:

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom