NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well-this is the first time in a while I have had to deal with defeat. This game sucked-period end of story. It has been a great ride. At least now I don't have to hear Bonnie Bernstein and Phill Simms anymore. Goodnight y'all...and let's go Hawks.

Oh by the way all you let's jump on the anti New England wagon.... have fun with the teams you really root for...we will see you at the Superbowl next year:lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

speedracer said:
The saddest result of this game is that the Colts are going to win the Super Bowl, unless Kimo von Oelhoffen rolls into the side of Peyton Manning's knee.

I won't even watch that game tomorrow.

Games in domes on fake grasss are a horrible spectacle and an unnatural thing to view.

It's like having sex with fluorescent lights on.

You don't have sex with fluorescent lights on.

You have sex with the lights off and 2 candles burnng.

You play football outside, on grass, or turf, that was made to look like grass.

Football in Indy looks like a fucking cartoon.

I think the worst part was that the Pats controlled this game. The turnovers killed them. They didn't get outplayed. When Vinatieri missed the field goal, you knew shit wasn't right. Certainly an odd feeling right now.

randhail said:
I think the worst part was that the Pats controlled this game. The turnovers killed them. They didn't get outplayed. When Vinatieri missed the field goal, you knew shit wasn't right. Certainly an odd feeling right now.

Yep.

Denver didn't win this game.

NE lost it.

MrBrau1 said:

Yep.

Denver didn't win this game.

NE lost it.

That's the most frustrating part about it. If they got blown out, that's one thing, but when you move the ball at will in the 2nd half and turn it over, it just fucking sucks.

if you're going to win the big games, you need to not turn over the ball!!!! like Phil said, if you do it 3 times, you will lose. congratulations to all the real Bronco fans, the better team won, my team lost...

damnit...

:mad:

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

Look at the 49ers.

They were the shit.

Now they're shit.

Tis the cycle of sports, but hopefully some great runs are still left in this team. With the way the B's and C's are right now, I need to hold onto something.

Did anyone else see the Boostmobile commercial with TO tonight? Who the fuck in their right mind would make that guy a spokesman for anything? But "he's changed" in the past three months. Well, if he says so, I guess we have to believe him. :huh:

randhail said:

Tis the cycle of sports, but hopefully some great runs are still left in this team. With the way the B's and C's are right now, I need to hold onto something.

Hey, baseball spring training is just a month away. I hear the Red Sox finally locked up the fifth spot in the pitching rotation by signing Hewson to a 2-year, $6 million deal.

speedracer said:

Hey, baseball spring training is just a month away. I hear the Red Sox finally locked up the fifth spot in the pitching rotation by signing Hewson to a 2-year, $6 million deal.

Lets hope he can double as a short stop or centerfielder.

Well, congratulations to the Broncos. The game pretty much was like any other for them - they gave up a lot of yards, but came up with the big play when needed by forcing those turnovers. The Troy Brown fumble was the only one they weren't involved with.

There were some questionable calls, for sure. The pass interference call was obvious. In that situation, with both players touching each other and fighting for position, you don't throw the flag at all. Let them play.

And the Champ Bailey interception return, sure it might have been a touchback, but you just couldn't get the right angle on the replay to prove it, so there's nothing you can do. Kudos to Ben Watson for flying in and slamming him at the 1, even if it didn't mean anything in the end.

But these things happen all the time in the NFL. It's part of the game. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't. Can't blame the refs for the Patriots losing the game. They certainly had plenty of opportunities to close this game out, and just couldn't do it.

Can the Steelers do the same thing with another high powered offense tomorrow? Probably not since it's in Indy. I think the road just got cleared for the Colts.

So here is the dilema...who do I root for...my loyalties lie with the AFC but over my dead will I root for Denver (next week...it is a principl thing you know?) then again over my dead body do I root for Indy...(come on...a New England fan rooting for Peyton...get real)..and again Pittsburg...HAHAHAHHAHA ya right...well at least I do like the Bus....ah screw it....

ljclary said:
So here is the dilema...who do I root for...my loyalties lie with the AFC but over my dead will I root for Denver (next week...it is a principl thing you know?) then again over my dead body do I root for Indy...(come on...a New England fan rooting for Peyton...get real)..and again Pittsburg...HAHAHAHHAHA ya right...well at least I do like the Bus....ah screw it....

all you do is thank God you're not a Jets fan.

the NFL season officialy ended the second adam vinatieri missed a playoff field goal. at that point you knew that there was no way the pats were winning.

now before i go on... there is no way that a team wins 3 of 4 super bowls based on luck. no matter how many calls went the pats way over their run, anyone who believes that the pats won 3 of 4 super bowls based on luck is an absolute fucking moron and is not worth my breath and/or keystrokes. can you win one super bowl based on luck? yes... 3 of 4? no fucking way.

that said... the patriots DID get a ton of calls that just happened to go their way over their run. tonight, a ton of calls that probably should have gone their way didn't. the questionable PI call... the questionable touchback call (the champ baily play)... but when it was all said and done.. the play where i knew that the patriots season was over was when vinatierei actually missed a clutch field goal. that was the ultimate sign that the pats reign was over.

and so is the NFL season. the only team that could beat the colts were the patriots, based soley on the fact the complete mental edge that the pats hold on the colts in the post-season. even with that edge, i still thought the colts would win. now there's no thought in my mind.

the season is over, the colts are the super bowl champions, when do pitchers and catchers report?

and P.S... i don't want to hear patriot fans talk about how the broncos didn't win, the pats lost. that's a load of bullshit. just like in years past when the pats seemed to get every break... it wasn't fucking luck. then, the pats won because they made the plays and the other teams didn't. tonight? the broncos won because THEY made the plays and the pats didn't. i don't want to hear any "the broncost didn't win the pats lost" bullshit.

let's call a spade a spade here.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
the NFL season officialy ended the second adam vinatieri missed a playoff field goal. at that point you knew that there was no way the pats were winning.

True that..and from a Pats fan...Yup that put a huge pit in my stomach...I don't care how many calls the Pats did not get in their favor...YOU DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER AND EXPECT TO WIN!!!!

F-it...I hate the Colts...Damn it.

Ohhh I forgot about them!!! At Reliant during the Panthers/Patriots Superbowl...I will say the Panters fans were respectful and downright awesome....screw getting a Hasselbeck jersey I am going for a Delhomme!!!

[B
and P.S... i don't want to hear patriot fans talk about how the broncos didn't win, the pats lost. that's a load of bullshit. just like in years past when the pats seemed to get every break... it wasn't fucking luck. then, the pats won because they made the plays and the other teams didn't. tonight? the broncos won because THEY made the plays and the pats didn't. i don't want to hear any "the broncost didn't win the pats lost" bullshit.

let's call a spade a spade here. [/B]

You will not hear it from me---I still do not think it was a "tuck" rule....the Pats from the past years still are awesome...though

let's call a spade a spade here.

Please.

I'm a Giants fan, and it was clear as day, the Pats lost that game.

We all know how much you hate everything New England.

21440771.jpg

While I am very, very glad to be rid of the Patriots any way they can go, they really did outgain and outplay the Broncos tonight, and the Broncos were very, dare I say it, 'lucky' to win. It was almost like someone up there had decided the Pats must go, and the Broncos were supposed to win but couldn't, so destiny just kept laying gifts on the ground for them..here, take it!

Yes the Patriots had been way too lucky in the past, and had gotten calls they didn't deserve. Things do come home to roost, in the end, for good and for bad. Look at the Redskins 1983 team who blew people out all year, and had a +43 turnover ratio, who went to the Super Bowl and got blown out in the most hapless and blundering ways. Were the Raiders the best team? No, but they were the beneficiaries of the bounce of the ball on that day. This is why I do not believe the best team always wins. I have seen the bad luck of bad plays and bad calls cost teams, many teams, not just ones I liked or hated.

I really don't know why some of you hate the Colts, or begrudge them success. Everyone deserves their time in the sun, and as a Colts fan since I was a kid in the 70's I have suffered much. If good things come our way this time, could you really not be happy for the long suffering fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom