NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington had to go for it on 4th down instead of taking the FG, 'cause everyone knew that'd be the best chance they'd get the rest of the game. Oh well.

Bye bye Redskins :sigh: I wanted them to win, but I knew they wouldn't. Well, this is Seattle's year, the teams with the best record in each conference should meet in the Super Bowl if it is to be truly super ;)

Wow. Jake Plummer looks like he has studied well at the Matt Leinart school of quarterback-sneaking.

The Patriots offense better start lobbying for an excessive-noise penalty, or start using hand signals.

Going no-huddle and working with a simpler playbook would be a good idea as well.

Last edited:
Ellis Hobbs, you are officially killing me.

And yes, if you're going to give a team a touchdown on a pass interference call, it should probably be a little bit clearer than the call on Asante Samuel was.

These refs are F#$@ing terrible....That pass interference call was such a load of bullshit!!!

In fairness to the Denver Broncos, they've been playing excellent defense, and the Patriots still haven't figured out their blitzes yet.

But Jake Plummer still stinks. The Broncos just went three-and-out to start the second; the Patriots need to forget about the first half and get a TD here.

Last edited:
StlElevation said:
that was one of the worst pass interference calls ive ever seen

If you look closely, you can see Samuel's hand shoved him in his lower back late in the play. His arm was obscured by his body, so it's hard to see. If you replay it (if you taped it) you will see it.

Bonofire said:

If you look closely, you can see Samuel's hand shoved him in his lower back late in the play. His arm was obscured by his body, so it's hard to see. If you replay it (if you taped it) you will see it.

Asante Samuel certainly pushed off a bit on the receiver, but the receiver was trying to *run through* Samuel for a good portion of the run as well.

I am about to have a heartattck by the way and there is a vein popping out of my husbands forehead...I need to become a 49's fan:wink: :wink:

I'm pretty sure that fumble on Champ Bailey is a touchback, but there's no way the refs are going to be able to get a good enough angle to reverse the call.

Well the angle I saw on the TV gave me a pretty good call....and I am a chick. We will never see this ref or his team again in a playoff.

Look I am saying right now that is the Pats lose the game it was blown by the refs...we might have lost anyways but this is by far the biggest loas of crap I have ever seen...and I watch a freakin lot of football..where is Ed Hockeli

Well, the reason I think it was a touchback is because Champ Bailey was running full speed towards the endzone when he got broadsided -- the football is going to keep most of its forward momentum. I don't see anything on the replays that's conclusive, just because showing it on a 2-dimensional screen loses perspective. And it's hard to fault the refs on that play after Tom Brady telegraphs a weak pass that gets picked off.

Denver's D is continuing to play well. Not just the turnovers, but in general. I don't think I've seen the Patriots RBs/receivers get caught from behind as much as they have today.

Last edited:
ljclary said:
Well the angle I saw on the TV gave me a pretty good call....and I am a chick.

Are you trying to say girls suck at geometry?

Okay, stick a fork in this game.

Asking a guy to run 40 yards and then field a punt cleanly is usually a bad idea, in case anybody was wondering.

MrBrau1 said:
Denver didn't win this game.

NE lost it.

I disagree. Denver's O was pretty horrible all game, but otherwise they were superior. And the Patriots got outcoached in the playoffs (mostly on their own O) for the first time in a long while. They couldn't figure out the Denver blitzes, they never should have attempted the FG that Vinatieri missed (it was 4th and 2 or so), they got too clever with Troy Brown faking the punt rush, etc.

Last edited:
I will say three shitty Pats fumlbles...three shitty ref calls..if the Pats got beat outright I would be okay but they didn't. Still I am happy with the fact we made it to the Platoffs....come on let the gloating begin!!!

The saddest result of this game is that the Colts are going to win the Super Bowl, unless Kimo von Oelhoffen rolls into the side of Peyton Manning's knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom