NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horrible second half. The O Line allowing Giants in and pressuring Romo. Romo becoming frustrated was not a good mix.

Oh well congrats to the Giants for putting on a great game.

I can see Packers vs Patriots in the Superbowl.

Well, it seems like the NFL playoffs have taken a cue from the New Hampshire primary. Pretty much everyone's consensus championship match-ups were NE-IND and GB-DAL and now two of the favourites have gone by the wayside.

A couple of thoughts: there was some discussion as to whether Romo's trip to Mexico with Jessica Simpson and Dallas coaches interviewing or being mentioned for head coaching vacancies would be a distraction for the team. If they had won, obviously not, but now that they've lost....

I actually had NE-SD and GB-NYG in my picks, which I never put on here.

That's the first time I've ever gotten the first eight games all right from what I can remember.

It wasn't too difficult to pick Round One this year, though.

ETA: My pool picks did not reflect this at all. This is why I have a C- in mathematics.

DOUBLE EDIT: Actually, I had SD where I wanted, I just had Dallas and New York backwards from where I wanted to put them.

Whoops.

Last edited:
Ding, dong the 'Boys are dead,
Which old 'Boys,
The Dallas Cowboys,
Ding, dong the Dallas Cowboys are dead!

:yippie: :yippie: :yippie:

(My apologies to the Munchkins for ripping off one of their greatest hits.) :giggle:

Last edited:
Skins improved
Boys choked
The shallow end of the Manning gene pool is about to get his ass handed to him by GB

2007 season ended up not being so bad after all. :D

LemonMelon said:

The shallow end of the Manning gene pool is about to get his ass handed to him by GB

The Giants may be the ones hoping for poor weather with the condition their secondary is in, but amazingly it appears they are going to get it. Clearly the Pack is at an advantage, but if the Giants D line can pressure Fav-r-r-r-e like they pressured Simpson today, they have a puncher's chance next week. Favre under pressure can equal bad INT's. Of course we'll have to see how Eli reacts to the elements and pressure of a title game, but 3 good games in a row for him, I dare say tractor boy may be blossoming before our eyes.

BluRmGrl said:
Ding, dong the 'Boys are dead,
Which old 'Boys,
The Dallas Cowboys,
Ding, dong the Dallas Cowboys are dead!

:yippie: :yippie: :yippie:

(My apologies to the Munchkins for ripping off one of their greatest hits.) :giggle:
I don't mind having that stuck in my head
*goes off singing*

Justin24 said:
This is Romos second Time he has done this and Jerry Jones looked Pissed off.
Jerry should be a lot more pissed at the O-line, and some of the receivers for drops (Patrick Crayton, I thought you'd see the Pats again...oh do you have a ticket?).

Hewson said:
The Giants may be the ones hoping for poor weather with the condition their secondary is in, but amazingly it appears they are going to get it. Clearly the Pack is at an advantage, but if the Giants D line can pressure Fav-r-r-r-e like they pressured Simpson today, they have a puncher's chance next week. Favre under pressure can equal bad INT's. Of course we'll have to see how Eli reacts to the elements and pressure of a title game, but 3 good games in a row for him, I dare say tractor boy may be blossoming before our eyes.

Perhaps you're right. I wouldn't overthink this game, however; the Giants are clearly the underdogs here, and for good reason. They have been inconsistent all season, and now that could very well come back to bite them in the form of a road game with horrible weather and the season on the line. GB looked positively inspired yesterday, and I expect them to play the same way next Sunday.

Hewson said:

Of course, the Packers put up 42 in not so great conditions yesterday, and they have a good running game now, so the weather may not matter.

The Giants D has been outstanding, and if they can rattle Favre enough, they may just win that game. Can Eli have four great games in a row?

LemonMelon said:

Perhaps you're right. I wouldn't overthink this game, however; the Giants are clearly the underdogs here, and for good reason. They have been inconsistent all season, and now that could very well come back to bite them in the form of a road game with horrible weather and the season on the line. GB looked positively inspired yesterday, and I expect them to play the same way next Sunday.
Of course Green Bay will be a considerable favorite, but one can't overlook one glaring stat, with their 2 playoff wins, the Giants are now 9-1 on the road this year, its the one place they have been consistent...its an odd thing for a team to be dominant on the road and mediocre at best at home, but playing in NY/NJ can do that to you, less scrutiny on the road.

Hell, after everything the Mavericks have put me through the past two years, I can stomach anything.

Still..... ugh.

roflbotouygrd7.jpg

Hewson said:
Of course Green Bay will be a considerable favorite, but one can't overlook one glaring stat, with their 2 playoff wins, the Giants are now 9-1 on the road this year, its the one place they have been consistent...its an odd thing for a team to be dominant on the road and mediocre at best at home, but playing in NY/NJ can do that to you, less scrutiny on the road.

Almost all of those games were thanks to their defense, so they definitely need to get to Favre.

How good is Green Bay's O-line compared to that of Dallas? I know it must be better, but how much?

giants stadium is one of the toughest places to play in all of football due to the unpredictable winds... thus it's not a surprise that the giants do better on the road, and the best thing that has happened to them this year is to continue to play on the road.

it's still the patriots season to lose... but it's nice to have a team out there with a puncher's chance at a championship, especially when your "team" in all sports haven't won one since 1990.

so the only thing that's stopped peyton manning and tony dungi and the colts from being the biggest choke artists in nfl history is an equally bad choke by the patriots last year...

but on that note, that choke lead to the patriots going out and putting forth the greatest regular season on nfl history.

soo yea.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so the only thing that's stopped peyton manning and tony dungi and the colts from being the biggest choke artists in nfl history is an equally bad choke by the patriots last year...

Just wondering, how do you figure the Patriots 'choked' last year when it was the Colts who had the higher seed and were expected to win?

It was the Chargers who 'choked' last year (recall the Shaun Merriman dance on the logo) so now they are out to make up for it. Can they if Rivers and LT can't go?

Shame on the Indy D for not being able to stop a scrub QB and running back! WTF?

Congrats to the Giants! One exciting game to the last drop.

I'm still for Favre to go all the way and retire a champ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom