NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years, the Giants have played well enough to make the playoffs, but usually were eliminated in the first round. This year, I expected the same thing, but was happily surprised when they kept winning. The Giants have been riding the momentum wave since they last played the Pats. Now, with the two week layoff, it will definitely be a challenge to keep that momentum going. If the Giants win this Super Bowl, obviously, it will be a huge upset. Like Douglas over Tyson in 1990 or the Jets over the Colts in Super Bowl III. I'm not going to make any predictions. I just want to see an entertaining football game. If the Giants win, the underdog prevails. If the Pats win, we'll have witnessed the greatest team in NFL history.

phanan said:

I wouldn't call it a large chunk. Two touchdown drives in the fourth quarter. The Patriots had already scored 23 points before then, so the Giants tried to do something different because what they were doing before wasn't working.

Of course, what they tried in the fourth quarter didn't work, either.

So what you're saying is, there is no great defensive strategy when playing the Pats? :wink:

Unless you can drop 8 guys back and somehow manage to get copious amounts of pressure with your 3 linemen. :lol:

LemonMelon said:
the Giants secondary kind of sucks

:rolleyes:

ok let's just get something straight... nobody can guard randy moss one on one. in fact ALL secondary's are at a distinct disadvantage against most reicevers.

the packers have "great" corners... they certainly didn't look great last night. is it because they aren't good all of a sudden? of course not... the packers couldn't get to Eli, so he had all the time in the world. leave a corner out on an island and he will get burned more often than not. get to the quarterback and anyone can look like a pro bowler.

MrPryck2U said:
Over the years, the Giants have played well enough to make the playoffs, but usually were eliminated in the first round. This year, I expected the same thing, but was happily surprised when they kept winning. The Giants have been riding the momentum wave since they last played the Pats. Now, with the two week layoff, it will definitely be a challenge to keep that momentum going. If the Giants win this Super Bowl, obviously, it will be a huge upset. Like Douglas over Tyson in 1990 or the Jets over the Colts in Super Bowl III. I'm not going to make any predictions. I just want to see an entertaining football game. If the Giants win, the underdog prevails. If the Pats win, we'll have witnessed the greatest team in NFL history.

do you root for the giants and the jets?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:rolleyes:

ok let's just get something straight... nobody can guard randy moss one on one. in fact ALL secondary's are at a distinct disadvantage against most reicevers.

the packers have "great" corners... they certainly didn't look great last night. is it because they aren't good all of a sudden? of course not... the packers couldn't get to Eli, so he had all the time in the world. leave a corner out on an island and he will get burned more often than not. get to the quarterback and anyone can look like a pro bowler.

So we're agreed then? :wink: Giants are toast unless they can get a pass rush going.

0412agent.jpg

NEXT QUESTION!

do you root for the giants and the jets?

C'mon, nobody does that. That'd be like rooting for the Yankees and the Me....nevermind.

...completely took ryan grant out of the game...

This was to me the most important thing the Giants did last night.

But I still think Eli is a spoiled little brat. I always will. Simply because he didn't want to play for the team that drafted him.

It isn't just him. Kobe did it to the Hornets, Steve Francis did it to the Grizzlies...I don't like them either. Sure you earn your way into professional sports. But it seems to me a spoiled little brat thing to do.

Got Philk? said:

But I still think Eli is a spoiled little brat. I always will. Simply because he didn't want to play for the team that drafted him.

It isn't just him. Kobe did it to the Hornets, Steve Francis did it to the Grizzlies...I don't like them either. Sure you earn your way into professional sports. But it seems to me a spoiled little brat thing to do.

And Eric Lindros. And JD Drew.

And John Elway.

No spoken words said:
Muhammad Ali did not want to fight for the country that drafted him.

That's a stupid analogy.

Anyways...

My brain is hemorrhaging here - this is the first Super Bowl I've ever seen where I loathe both teams. I want the Pats to lose, but dear Jesus I don't want the Vagiants to win a Super Bowl.

Coupled with the fact that Eli Manning is now running strong with Rex Grossman in the race for Worst Quarterback to Ever Play in a Super Bowl, I'm going to have to get good and shitfaced just to be able to get through this game.

It's going to be a Pats blowout, but I'm hoping the monster from Cloverfield just hops into the stadium and eats both teams. That's the only way I'm going to get any real enjoyment out of this.

Tom Petty, FTW :up:

No spoken words said:

It wasn't an analogy, it was a joke. You're not that dumb, come on.

That's good. It's tough to tell sometimes, but I'm glad I don't have to give a lesson here in the NFL thread. :wink:

Got Philk? said:
Rex < Eli... not much comparison.

They're the same quarterback.

Often spectacularly stupid throws, constant fumbling issues, absolutely brilliant games followed by pure stinkers, and a fucking great team (Muhsin Muhammad:Rex Grossman::plaxico Burress:Eli Manning) around him that took him to the Super Bowl, where he subsequently was/will be mauled by a far superior AFC team.

Same guy, different jersey. Eli just gets more credit because he's got Manning blood.

He might also get more credit because his team has been in the playoffs 3 years in a row. I think if you asked 20 football fans who they'd rather have, 18 would say Eli.

You also thought that the Pack would maul the Giants. They didn't. Eli was part of that.

DaveC said:

They're the same quarterback.

Often spectacularly stupid throws, constant fumbling issues, absolutely brilliant games followed by pure stinkers, and a fucking great team (Muhsin Muhammad:Rex Grossman::plaxico Burress:Eli Manning) around him that took him to the Super Bowl, where he subsequently was/will be mauled by a far superior AFC team.

Same guy, different jersey. Eli just gets more credit because he's got Manning blood.

I agree with you on the Manning thing. Which is why I'm sure nobody in the NFL is complaining that the Packers lost b/c at least a Manning is there...:rolleyes:

Muhammad wasn't near as good as Burress is...but they did both go to Michigan State. Wierd.

So do you think that Eli is having success here in the playoffs b/c of his Offensive line and the Giants' defense getting them good field position? I might agree with this...however I can't help but think that Eli is making better passes than sexy rexy ever did last year.

Eli's last name being Manning hurts him more than it helps him, from an expectations stand point. He's not as good as his brother. But, he's got 3 playoff wins already, and it took Peyton a long time to get 3.

I do not think Eli is Peyton, or Brady, or whatnot, but I do think that he's played really well the last 4 weeks and deserves a little credit.

^And because of those expectations, I think Eli has waaaaaaay tougher skin than Rex does.

Chicago and New York media can kill a person's career if you let it. It seems to me that Rex was reading the paper too much whereas Eli perhaps was bothered, but has learned to just play how he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom