NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i mean really... they're saying the windchills could approach -40 degrees at night. not that it's gonna be balmy durring the day but at least there will be sunlight.

Holy shit, really?

...bones freezing with the mere memory of that kind of cold...

ok

fans + booze = bad behavior

fans + sustained success / not a fan of your team = percieved douchebaggery

I actually like the Pats. The only time I'll root against them is when they play the Gmen.

That's how bad it is in NE.

and then you have to try to get into pink taco stadium, which will be no easy task.
Not in this case. Hotel, tickets, rent a car, tickets to NFL experience and a Saturday morning tee time are all reserved, the last piece is the flight which is proving to be more of a p.i.t.a. than it should.
Suffice it to say if the Chargers should beat the Pats today I will be one rather unhappy camper.

No spoken words said:
I've hated all 4 Boston-area sports franchises since I was a kid. I don't know what it means for a team to "deserve" to be hated, I just know that I do not like the Celts, Bruins, Pats and especially the Red Sox. Hopefully, though, I don't let that become the focal point of my posting or fan-dom. The success of the teams I root for means a whole lot more to me than the failure of the aforementioned teams. I also have a lot of respect for the Sox and Pats organizations. But fuck them both. :)

:yes: when you let your dislike for a team be your primary focus, you turn into what you hate and start acting like a no good red sox fan.

i kid i kid.

Tom Brady quote:-

"I think I was naive back in the day. My first couple years, I thought it was easy," he said. "I got to the Super Bowl, hey, this is no problem. You start a few games, you're in the Super Bowl and U2 is out there playing."

At least he remembers the most important thing!

Pack 24 Giants 10
Pats 34 Bolts 17

the nfl is being really stupid about keeping the giants-packer game as the late game.

i mean really... they're saying the windchills could approach -40 degrees at night. not that it's gonna be balmy durring the day but at least there will be sunlight.

:yikes:

At what point does the human body just not function anymore?

You know...it's the strangest thing...The Chargers are putting pressure on Brady and, no shit, he's not doing very well. :hmm:

I wonder who could have said that was a viable strategy...certainly not I. :wink:

I don't like Elevation, but I like it even less when I have to hear it after a Pats touchdown.

Well, not Brady's best game of the season by any stretch, but quite an impressive win nonetheless.

Gotta give credit to the Chargers' defense, especially the secondary -- they're very good. I think the Chargers will be a force for the next few years.

Never felt too worried about this game -- the Patriots just have such an air of inevitability.

Last edited:
Not for one second did I ever feel the Chargers could win that game, and that's with Brady playing sub-par. They just always find a way to win. I also like how they gave a middle finger to anyone that thinks they cannot run the ball in the cold of January. Oh, how I hate them.

Well-played game by just about everybody not named Tom Brady, but it's about time the team picked him up.

I was very impressed by the way the New England offensive line played all game. Last year in San Diego they were getting mauled by the Chargers front seven, but this time they did a much better job of clearing room Laurence Maroney and gave Brady a decent amount of time to throw.

Also, as big a douchenozzle as Phil Rivers is, he sacked up big-time this game.

My folks live about 90 miles away from Green Bay - when my mom called me two hours ago, it was already -1 outside.

Ai-yi-yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

But LET'S GO, PACK!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Packers will need to stick with the dink-n-dunk...the wind keeps screwing with the deep throws.

speedracer said:
Also, as big a douchenozzle as Phil Rivers is, he sacked up big-time this game.

Yeah he really did. It's funny how all week all you heard was LdT was close to 100% and Rivers & Gates were doubtful...fast forward to Sunday and LdT gives them what, 3 plays? While the little yapper Rivers guts it out. It almost sounded like the CBS guys thought LdT was soft (saying he was out but not d/t injury etc). One of the reporters was really digging at Norv about him not playing but Norv wouldn't take the bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom