NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
You should find someplace indoors to watch the game, 40 degrees isn't too bad, but 72 with a roof over your head might be more comfortable.:wink:

Pfft. Roofs are for wusses. :wink:

Man flights from Boston to Phoenix for the weekend of Feb1st to 4th suck...either full, red-eyes home or too many stops.

Last edited:
Apparently the NFL apologized to Jerry Jones for that atrocious intentional grounding call on 2nd and 10.

Personally, I think that makes me even more pissed

But at least Garrett is staying.

Last edited:
Both guys on PTI picked the Pack to beat the Giants, but said it wouldn't be an upset if they lost.

impy13 said:
Apparently the NFL apologized to Jerry Jones for that atrocious intentional grounding call on 2nd and 10.

Personally, I think that makes me even more pissed

But at least Garrett is staying.

i thought that was a correct call by the refs. if the NFL came to that conclusion to apologize, then they may need to revisit that rule, because Romo was obviously in the pocket and throwing the ball away. i've also seen a flag thrown on identical plays like that many times.

mikal said:

i thought that was a correct call by the refs. if the NFL came to that conclusion to apologize, then they may need to revisit that rule, because Romo was obviously in the pocket and throwing the ball away. i've also seen a flag thrown on identical plays like that many times.

I've largely given up trying to understand the process by which NFL referees make calls.

However, according to this NFL Rules Digest,

1. Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.

2. Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.

3. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

Now this document doesn't claim to be part of the official NFL rulebook, which is not publicly available for reasons unknown. But item (2), which seems to have been invoked by the referee, clearly does not apply because Tony Romo was well-protected in the pocket and not in imminent danger of a sack.

Of course, on that same drive there was a sketchy pass interference call on the Giants too.

Last edited:
The media here in NE has Patriot schlong way down their throat.

473573.jpg
1171366.gif

It's vomit worthy & it reminds me of NYC circa '99.

A Pats loss would be nice. Pats fans are becoming giant douche bags.

Last edited:
Don't know what I hate more, the thought of a Patriots victory, or the thought of Shula and Buoniconti popping their champagne corks..........

SeattleVertigo said:
I'll pick the Patriots and the Packers each by 10.

Can't wait for the games -- it'll be interesting to see how New York and San Diego fare in the frigid cold!

You're aware that even the Packers practice indoors, right ?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
The Pats hatred in here is getting really tiresome, guys.

Its the Pats, what else can you expect?
Good teams generally tend to have a large group of haters.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
The Pats hatred in here is getting really tiresome, guys.

I don't hear you saying anything about the hatred towards the cowboys. So I will continue to hate patriots.

I've hated all 4 Boston-area sports franchises since I was a kid. I don't know what it means for a team to "deserve" to be hated, I just know that I do not like the Celts, Bruins, Pats and especially the Red Sox. Hopefully, though, I don't let that become the focal point of my posting or fan-dom. The success of the teams I root for means a whole lot more to me than the failure of the aforementioned teams. I also have a lot of respect for the Sox and Pats organizations. But fuck them both. :)

DaveC said:

The Cryboys deserve it a LOT more than the Patriots do right now.

Why do the Cowboys deserve it more. I would think the whole America's Team Bandwagon jumpers thing has rubbed off onto the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom