NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoManiac said:

And I got death threats when I wore my 49ers jacket to a game in Detroit 12 years ago. It's just the way things are.

I guess if the Chargers had of won I proibably would have gotten killed.

sniggirb said:

Thats right, every time the Patriots lose a home game, there are numerous murders in the stands and parking lots. Watch out.

sniggirb said:

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. So let me see if I understand this: You go to a game and you're wearing the opponent's jersey and you expect the home fans to be civil to you?

I went to the Chargers-Patriots playoff game last year. I received the expected amount of ribbing from Chargers fans during the game, but nothing horrible.

After the game, as I was walking back to the car, some drunken Chargers fan walking about 50-100 yards behind me was screaming at me and trying to pick a fight. I just kept walking back to the car and didn't bother to acknowledge him.

On the other side, during the game there was a small group of Pats fans (college-age or slightly older) who were shouting obscenities at Chargers fans in a section were there were a good number of parents and kids in the seats.

you mean booze + sport fans of any and all teams = bad behavior?

nowai.jpg

BonoManiac said:

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. So let me see if I understand this: You go to a game and you're wearing the opponent's jersey and you expect the home fans to be civil to you?

No.
The Pats fans I were around were really nice to me actually. It was just one group of boneheads in particular after the game who were threatening me.

Hewson said:
No doubt, in fact when it happened I chuckled and said to myself that the polite midwesterners could now move to the east coast and fit in.

I laughed too! She gets the last laugh though. Also, did anyone notice that there were no kids wearing a Colts jersey.

Sadly, many of those "polite midwesterners" would implode if they tried to live on the East Coast. They would be eaten alive!

This is nothing new. I remember the Punt, Pass and Kick winners at the Metrodome for the NFC Championship game in like 1998. The kid with the Packer jersey got booed.

Last edited:
zonelistener said:

Also, did anyone notice that there were no kids wearing a Colts jersey.

The kids wear the jersey of their home area team, so there were no Indiana kids who won, everyone knows in Indiana its not Punt, Pass Kick, its Dribble, Shoot, Rebound. :wink:

Hewson said:
The kids wear the jersey of their home area team, so there were no Indiana kids who won, everyone knows in Indiana its not Punt, Pass Kick, its Dribble, Shoot, Rebound. :wink:

Yes. Except for Indiana's proudest football son: Rex Grossman :wink:

I felt sorry for the L.A. area kid wearing the Raiders jersey.

zonelistener said:

Yes. Except for Indiana's proudest football son: Rex Grossman :wink:

I felt sorry for the L.A. area kid wearing the Raiders jersey.

rex probably shoulda stuck to the dribble, shoot, rebound competition...

that is kinda sad about the LA kid... at least they didn't make him wear a craig hodges style generic jersey.

They probably planned to have him wear a Chargers jersey but were scared he'd get booed :wink:

okay...

reasons the giants will win.
1. in the week 2 matchup the giants had neither jacobs nor bradshaw, strahan wasn't in shape yet and eli was injured.
2. including the playoffs, they've won 9 straight road games.
3. the combo of jacobs and bradshaw is at the very least equal to the packers running game, and i would argue that it's better, which will help in a cold weather game in which passing will be at a minimum.
4. they have the best pass rush in the NFL... leading the league in sacks despite recording zero sacks in the first 2 weeks of the season, and despite the fact that they rarely send anyone other than the front 4 after the QB.

and in that lies the key to the game. if they can control the line of scrimmage, get to favre and make him rush his throws.. especially if they get out to an early lead, they can turn favre into the gunslinging, try to win the game on his own by throwing the ball through 5 defenders favre, which will play right into the giants hands.

everyone is looking at the injuries in the giants secondary, which is foolish. the giants secondary ain't that good when healthy. they were made to appear good due to the great pass rush, forcing QB's to rush their passes. if the giants can get to favre, they'll win the game.

if they don't, favre will pick them apart. if the packers are able to get a 2 touchdown lead, they then put the game in eli manning's hands. now eli has shown in the past an ability to comeback from large defecits, but in a bad weather situation on the road it will be asking a lot, and will probably lead to a few interceptions and a blow out win for the packers.

I don't think I've ever been as excited for a football game as I am about the Packers game on Sunday. :hyper:

And all this playoff fever is getting me all homesick ... but then I learned it might be below zero for the game on Sunday, and I realize I'm perfectly happy watching the game from the comfort of 40 degrees in Seattle.

corianderstem said:
I realize I'm perfectly happy watching the game from the comfort of 40 degrees in Seattle.
You should find someplace indoors to watch the game, 40 degrees isn't too bad, but 72 with a roof over your head might be more comfortable.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom