NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Really? Really? You really think it would be worse than that?

I disagree. :wink: It would be on a neutral field against a Redskins team that doesn't suck. You'd probably still win by 30, but who cares? We've had countless players hurt and our best player die, and we STILL made it. FUCK. YEAH.

It's easy being a Pats fan these days. I'd like to see you talk trash like that when Brady is retired and has the weight of an entire team off of his back. :up:
Oh young padouin, I've lived through the Rod Rust and Dick MacPherson years, I know both sides of the coin well, and I know not to be too boastful when I am a fan of a 9-7 team about to get way-layed out in the first round in Seattle, you have time yet, you'll catch on one day.

Good luck to your team next week...Todd Collins has been quite a nice story.

Hewson said:
Boy I wish by some stroke of God (it would take at least that) your Redskins met up with the Pats in the Super Bowl. It would make SF 55 Denver 10 seem like a barnburner.

I don't know...I think the 44-10 Bears victory in 1986 was one of the worst (read: BORING) in history. I can't even remember the pathetic team the Bears played! :wink:

No spoken words said:
Al Michaels dropping a little U2 knowledge on America.

AND, apologizing for doing it! :up:

DaveC said:

PadAwan. :wink:

What'd Al Michaels say? I just woke up from a nap and missed the first part of the game.

Fuck, you're right.

They put up a stat showing the Titans record with Haynesworth, and without him. So Michaels goes...."talk about with or without you....with all apologies to U2". It was not scripted, either, he just was dropping mad knowledge.

zonelistener said:

I don't know...I think the 44-10 Bears victory in 1986 was one of the worst (read: BORING) in history. I can't even remember the pathetic team the Bears played! :wink:

AND, apologizing for doing it! :up:
46-10 dude.

No spoken words said:

Fuck, you're right.

They put up a stat showing the Titans record with Haynesworth, and without him. So Michaels goes...."talk about with or without you....with all apologies to U2". It was not scripted, either, he just was dropping mad knowledge.

:nerd:

LemonMelon said:
So......

Dallas was held to 1 yard rushing total. The worst in team history. Yep.

Well, I'm off to go watch the Colts/Titans. Should be good stuff.

Congratulations to the Skins. You guys played real good and you deserved that win. Man that was embarrassing.

Justin24 said:

Congratulations to the Skins. You guys played real good and you deserved that win. Man that was embarrassing.

It was great fun to watch, but I'll be the first to admit that it's a poor barometer to judge how a playoff Skins/Boys game would go. I think you'll be firing on all cylinders for that one, if it does happen. :yes:

I'm thinking the G-men and the Jags will win, I love the Jaguars in that matchup.

I think the Steelers' special teams coach may have seen a little something he could exploit yesterday. They may have been sitting Garrard and some other starters, but those special teamers are the regular crew...not so special.

Jacksonville had the same hype 2 years ago when they played the Pats, built for cold, tough running game, QB doesn't make mistakes...they got pummeled. I'm not sold.

I'm not all that sold on Jax, but Pitt has looked pretty horrible lately (besides the Ravens game where they weren't trying). I don't see them surviving past Pitt if they do win (I actually don't see anyone beating the Pats or Indy except possibly the Chargers).

LemonMelon said:

1, count it, 1 win against teams with a winning record. They're going down.

Yeah, the Seahawks are mediocre this year, and Shaun Alexander looks like he should be in the old folks' home.

BUT -- HFA is big. The crowd noise is about as loud as anywhere in the NFL. Expect a few key false starts during Redskin drives.

The Redskins certainly have looked good in the past few weeks, but the Seahawks are a veteran team that's been tested much more in the playoffs in recent years.

I'll pick the Seahawks with the home field. If the Redskins were playing at home, I'd pick them easy. The Seahawks don't play well in East Coast games.

LemonMelon said:

1, count it, 1 win against teams with a winning record. They're going down.
Of course the Skins have 2 wins against teams with winning records, 1 being yesterday against a Dallas team resting. So...advantage...even.

Hewson said:
Of course the Skins have 2 wins against teams with winning records, 1 being yesterday against a Dallas team resting. So...advantage...even.

Redskins' opponents

142-107

Seahawks' opponents

106-143

Next time, when your natural reflex tells you to bash the Skins, think before you go ahead and type it out.

corianderstem said:
Can anyone tell me who the Packers are facing in the first round of playoffs?

No one. They get a week off. :wink:

However, in the second round, they will play the winner of the Giants @ Bucs game.

More accurately, the Packers are the second seed. Dallas is the first seed. Dallas also has the bye this week, and will play the lowest ranked team remaining in week 2. Green Bay will play the other team.

If Tampa (4th seed) and Seattle win (3rd seed), Tampa goes to Dallas and Seattle goes to Green Bay.

LemonMelon said:

No one. They get a week off. :wink:

However, in the second round, they will play the winner of the Giants @ Bucs game.

If the Seahawks beat the Redskins, then they, as the third seed, will play the second-seeded Packers. The Cowboys will then play either the fourth-seeded Bucs or fifth-seeded Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom