NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
randhail said:

Four years from now, there is no chance of hell Bill Parcells is still their VP.

I agree. Parcells has a long history of not honoring the length of a contract.

Last edited:
So the Giants won this past weekend, which leads to a very interesting dilemma, as we already know. Do they rest key players and gear up for their short playoff run, or do they respect the integrity of the game and give it their all to try and knock off the Patriots?

Without a bye, I can't see some of their key starters playing the entire game - maybe a half at the most. Hell, if the offense is able to get a good drive in, and the defense is able to make at least one stop, I'd pull everyone then and there, so they go out on a high note entering the following week.

Seems like it's never easy for Tom Coughlin.

Other Christmas Eve musings...

The Browns and Vikings really blew it. They each had the last spot locked up, and now neither will most likely make the playoffs. The Browns in particular are disappointing, because with that offense, they would have put up a good game against somebody, whereas you know the Titans will suck.

The 49ers won again. There goes that Top 5 pick for New England now (although I personally think further back in the Top 10 is better).

Four games until Mercury Morris shuts up forever...

Yeah, there's really no reason for the Giants to care about legitimizing/spoiling the Patriots' possible perfect regular season. Their goal is first and foremost to go as deep in the playoffs as possible.

phanan said:
The 49ers won again. There goes that Top 5 pick for New England now (although I personally think further back in the Top 10 is better).

Yeah, John Gruden and the TB Bucs are on the lead pipe list for that little display. I normally root against the Giants, but I hope Big Blue beats TB like a dirty carpet. Pathetic. And it gets worse...since it doesn't matter at all what Cleveland does in their last game you know they won't play anybody...the Niners could win again.

Maybe they'll start Brady Quinn :)

Doesn't matter for Cleveland?

They lost this past weekend and need to win this Sunday to have any chance of getting into the playoffs, and even if they do win, they aren't guaranteed a spot until they know what happens with Tennessee.

Because of that, I don't see the 49ers winning at all.

According to the playoff scenarios, Cleveland's fate is in Tennessee's hands...unless Tenn ties, the outcome of the Clev game is meaningless...Tenn wins, they go, Tenn loses, Cle goes.

Yep. Hadn't considered the tie scenario. Historically Tony Dungy has never leaned on his starters at all in games like this, so I expect a large dose of Indy backups and a Titans win. Real pisser for the Browns.

Giants-Pats available nationwide

NFL Network to simulcast game on NBC and CBS

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New England Patriots' shot at history Saturday night will be available for every household in the country with a television after months of wrangling.

The game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs.

But the league announced Wednesday that the NFL Network feed will be simulcast on NBC and CBS. It's a major concession by league officials, who repeatedly said they would not show the game anywhere but the NFL Network. The NFL had faced mounting pressure from politicians in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

The funny thing is Channel 5 in Boston (the ABC affiliate) was already under contract to broadcast the game locally, and that will be honored, so in Boston the game will be on the original 3 major networks at the same time. My wife is gonna flip when she sees the game on Ch's 4, 5 & 7 at the same time. Ah good times.

:up: Great I'll get to see the game on real TV, no streaming :)

Hewson said:
The funny thing is Channel 5 in Boston (the ABC affiliate) was already under contract to broadcast the game locally, and that will be honored, so in Boston the game will be on the original 3 major networks at the same time. My wife is gonna flip when she sees the game on Ch's 4, 5 & 7 at the same time. Ah good times.

And since I'm in NH, Ch. 9 in Manchester will also be simulcasting it. So I'll have 4, 5, 7, and 9 all showing the same thing.

EDIT: Check that, I also get Ch. 6 out of Portland, which is an NBC affiliate. So I'll get to choose between 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9.

:happy:

Last edited:
We get all the NFL Network games here in the UK so it wasn't a problem anyway.

A chance to watch the Pats make sports history !

Wow, a quiet night for this thread.

What a game. Eli Manning played out of his mind for three quarters. I haven't seen as many Giants games as Headache, so he probably would know whether those three quarters were some of Eli's best ever or not, but to me, it felt like Peyton Manning out there for a while.

New England's defense tonight really sucked, though. Four red zone trips, four touchdowns. They won't make it all the way with a performance like that.

:down: I am so very upset that the Giants couldn't break the winning streak.

I hope they just remember to put a huge asterisk whenever they mention the Patriots and their "perfect season." The Dolphins didn't cheat in 1972. :madspit:

PlaTheGreat said:
:down: I am so very upset that the Giants couldn't break the winning streak.

I hope they just remember to put a huge asterisk whenever they mention the Patriots and their "perfect season." The Dolphins didn't cheat in 1972. :madspit:

:rolleyes:

PlaTheGreat said:

Yeah ... no.

The Giants were playing so great and then they fell apart at the END. Moss will never be as great as Jerry Rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom