NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A potential Seattle vs. Green Bay? Oh dear. Divided loyalties for the LOSE. :(

Thanks for the info, guys. I knew ya'll could help me out.

BonoManiac said:

If the Seahawks beat the Redskins, then they, as the third seed, will play the second-seeded Packers. The Cowboys will then play either the fourth-seeded Bucs or fifth-seeded Giants.

OK, nevermind, you're right. The games aren't the deciding factor, but the seeding. :banghead:

I'm glad I won't be watching any Packers games with my mom. She gets way too mad when they do something wrong ... even when they're winning! :yikes:

SeattleVertigo said:
Green Bay oughta destroy Seattle this year. <grin>

Especially with home field.

Pretty much any team currently in the playoffs could destroy Seattle. They simply aren't very good. Or, at least, they're good when they're playing the Rams. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Redskins' opponents

142-107

Seahawks' opponents

106-143

Next time, when your natural reflex tells you to bash the Skins, think before you go ahead and type it out.
I responded to your exact criticism of the Seabags, only beating one winning team. The Skins beat 2, and had Dallas needed the game yesterday we don't know how they would have played. Next time your natural reflex is to get defensive, read what is written and understand its exact purpose.

LemonMelon said:

Pretty much any team currently in the playoffs could destroy Seattle. They simply aren't very good. Or, at least, they're good when they're playing the Rams. :wink:

Yeah, but one thing to learn is to always respect your competition. That way you won't feel so bad when the Redskins are beaten silly in Seattle.

I tease.

But as a Patriots fan, I'll respect any team that they play against in the playoffs. Nothing's a given. Everything has to be worked for.

Hewson said:
I responded to your exact criticism of the Seabags, only beating one winning team. The Skins beat 2, and had Dallas needed the game yesterday we don't know how they would have played. Next time your natural reflex is to get defensive, read what is written and understand its exact purpose.

I just find it amusing that any time I have a point to make, you make it your mission to refute it as quickly and efficiently as possible. How about this.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl07.htm

Based on records, net points, strength of schedule, etc, Skins are ranked #8 overall (with 2nd most difficult schedule), while the Seachickens are ranked #15 (easiest schedule in the league). They're still 10-6 though, and are tough at home. I'm just not quivering in fear or anything.

LemonMelon said:

I just find it amusing that any time I have a point to make, you make it your mission to refute it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
I think you're getting a complex. I responded to you on 2 things here recently, yesterday to you antagonistic post about Pats' fans believeing cheating is a religion, and today I simply put up the other side of the coin to your stat about the Seahags having beaten only 1 winning team. I'm sorry if it bothered you that the Skins aren't much better in that department, I wasn't attacking you or your Redskins, in fact as you'll see I called it "advantage even" which actually would bode well for the road team.

So in hindsight I responded to your attack on the fans of the Pats of which I'm one, and presented a statistical viewpoint to match up with one you had posted, which was merely a discussion of the upcoming game, had the 2 teams involved been the Bucs and Giants and all else was the same, I'd have posted the same reponse.

Plus yesterday I said this to you:
Hewson said:

Good luck to your team next week...Todd Collins has been quite a nice story.

Whatever, carry on.

Hewson.

LemonMelon.

Please hug. Don't end up like this:

dbsquarrel.jpg

I recognized you and assumed that was Beav on the right, but I don't think I've ever seen a picture of him.

Hewson said:
I think you're getting a complex. I responded to you on 2 things here recently, yesterday to you antagonistic post about Pats' fans believeing cheating is a religion, and today I simply put up the other side of the coin to your stat about the Seahags having beaten only 1 winning team. I'm sorry if it bothered you that the Skins aren't much better in that department, I wasn't attacking you or your Redskins, in fact as you'll see I called it "advantage even" which actually would bode well for the road team.

So in hindsight I responded to your attack on the fans of the Pats of which I'm one, and presented a statistical viewpoint to match up with one you had posted, which was merely a discussion of the upcoming game, had the 2 teams involved been the Bucs and Giants and all else was the same, I'd have posted the same reponse.

Plus yesterday I said this to you:

Whatever, carry on.

:eyebrow: Of course, you avoid the fact that we've been having it out all season long, culminating in what has transpired here over the past couple of days. This isn't really new. :shrug: If we're discussing complexes, who's the one who went off and started talking trash because I made one sarcastic comment concerning the Patriots' fanbase? Who's the one who couldn't deal with me poking fun at Bilichick's pre-Brady record? :wink: We've both been at fault, I guess. If you really weren't being antagonistic, I'm sorry. :yes:

LemonMelon said:

If you really weren't being antagonistic, I'm sorry. :yes:
I assure you this weekend I have not been antagonistic, first issue I was responding, the winning records thing was as I stated just stating the other side of your point.

But I'm not hugging you, so I guess its Summer's Eve for me.

Long overdue. Guy's been coasting off that Super Bowl for awhile now. You see any other obvious changes? I'm guessing in the end Parcells cans Cam Cameron (say that 3 times fast haha), and Herm Edwards wouldn't shock me, though he is Herm Edwards so he probably has a little longer leash. Could be one & done for the Raiders kid too I suppose...

I'm not surprised, either. But, they did give him a contract extension around this time last year. Makes me laugh.

A surprise would be if Parcells did NOT fire Cameron....the GM is already out.

Billick has done a terrible job with his team this year. Gives me less reason to hate the Ravens now that he's gone. :p

Here's our official draft order for April:

1 Miami Dolphins
2 St. Louis Rams
3 Atlanta Falcons #
4 Oakland Raiders #
5 Kansas City Chiefs #
6 New York Jets
7 New England Patriots (from San Francisco) :wink:
8 Baltimore Ravens
9 Cincinnati Bengals
10 New Orleans Saints
11 Buffalo Bills
12 Denver Broncos
13 Carolina Panthers
14 Chicago Bears
15 Detroit Lions
16 Arizona Cardinals
17 Minnesota Vikings
18 Houston Texans
19 Philadelphia Eagles
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers *
21 Washington Redskins *
22 Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland) *
23 Seattle Seahawks *
24 Pittsburgh Steelers *
25 Tennessee Titans *
26 New York Giants *
27 San Diego Chargers *
28 Jacksonville Jaguars *
29 Green Bay Packers *
30 Dallas Cowboys *
31 San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis) *
32 New England Patriots **

# -- Subject to coin flip
* -- Subject to playoffs
** -- Forfeited

Priority of playoff clubs within a tied segment is based on their advancement in the playoffs, but they do not drop out of their tied segment unless they participate in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl champion will select 32nd and the runner-up 31st.

Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of the Chiefs’ 3-11 record in common games while the Raiders were 2-12), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position; if Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.

Though Buffalo and Denver had the same strength-of-schedule, their tie for the 11th and 12th positions was broken by the conference tiebreaker. Since the Broncos defeated the Bills in head-to-head competition, Buffalo is given priority in the draft order and will select in the 11th position, with Denver in the 12th position.

Though Chicago and Detroit had the same strength-of-schedule, their tie for the 14th and 15th positions was broken by the divisional tiebreaker. Since the Lions defeated the Bears twice in head-to-head competition, Chicago is given priority in the draft order and will select in the 14th position, with Detroit in the 15th position.

Since Cleveland is not in the playoffs, the Browns have priority in the draft ahead of playoff teams with the same record.

Clubs involved in two-club ties will alternate positions from round-to-round. In ties that involve three or more clubs, the club at the top of a tied segment in a given round will move to the bottom of the segment for the next round, while all other clubs in the segment move up one position. This rotation continues throughout the draft.

U2ME3 said:

Maybe it was all the New Year's Eve Eve drinking last night but I don't get it?
Ever so close to winning a championship, but never winning a championship.

Browns screw themselves out of a playoff spot.

Indians lose in seven after a 3-1 lead.

Cavs last NBA finals.

I would have said Philly...but they just usually suck.

So does somebody get the #32 pick, or does everybody move up a slot and Miami pick 32nd? Imagine you're the guy picked there...I could've been a Pat, but I'm a Phin instead :(

The pick is donated to charity just like the fine money. So some linebacker instead of earning $78 million over an 11 year NFL career has to work in a soup kitchen for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom