NFL 2007 Part 2 - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #481
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:49 AM
And all of a sudden, LemonMelon makes all of you look like asses. Way to go, LM!

I'm going home, hopefully we'll be back to talking about football by the time I log back on before MNF.

ETA: I notice that as soon as that was posted, all the Pats fans took off from PEUP

Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #482
The Male

Local Time: 07:49 AM
I'm taking my ball and going home. I may have won this round, but I still believe you were all using fake crowd noise during the fight.

Now.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
And all of a sudden, LemonMelon makes all of you look like asses. Way to go, LM!

I'm going home, hopefully we'll be back to talking about football by the time I log back on before MNF.

ETA: I notice that as soon as that was posted, all the Pats fans took off from PEUP
How is that making us look like asses?

We were discussing a noticeable anomaly in the crowd noise, if its truly a CBS glitch, then the mystery is solved, but the discussion here was mostly about the double standard applied by the media when it comes to the perception of the 2 teams involved in yesterday's game.
If in fact the Colts were to be found guilty of breaking a rule would you have called us all geniuses instead of the not so veilied personal attack of "asses"?

( Is "ass" better or worse than "Boulder"?)
Old 11-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie

clearly, he's a little upset that his Eagles suck, but also that his newly adopted ASU Sun Devils lost this weekend and he's taking it out on the Pats' fans.

Although, I do have to wonder if said crowd noise had impacted Brady's fantasy stats if our angry Canuck would be singing a different tune.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

The Colts have been accused before by piping in noise to keep opposing teams' quarterbacks from being able to communicate plays to teammates, Yahoo! said
I believe these accusations have been around since domes have been in use, most notably as you mention, the Vikings. It can be looked at 2 ways,
1. Where there's smoke there's often fire
2. Its just an abnormality of playing with a roof overhead (retractable or not, meow).

Either way, 1 thing for sure is the NFL should outlaw domes and have everyone play in the elements...Vikes haven't been the same since going indoors...nobody wanted to play at Metropolitan Stadium in December let alone January.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #486
Blue Crack Supplier

I'd like to say, as a different Eagles fan with a different perspective, that I thought the whole "Cameragate" thing was blown out of proportion and that there is a double standard here and the media loves to hate the Pats.

And I still hate Andy Reid.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #487
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

And I still hate Andy Reid.
A serious question, do you think the Eagles would perform better had Reid either stepped down or at least taken a leave?

I was mildly shocked at how poorly they played last night, would have figured they'd rally around the coach and put maximum effort out there (like the Pats in week 2 vs SD after Belichick's character was under siege for a week), but it looked to be just the opposite.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #488
Blue Crack Supplier

I think that Andy Reid makes them play worse anyway, because he's not good at preparing, he doesn't get his players in shape, he doesn't playcall well, etc. And I think his off-the-field stuff has just maximized his weaknesses. I think the problem is that they're not a very good team, and they beat themselves up by being out-of-shape and commiting penalties and a bunch of mental errors (a lot of which are the fault of Reid). And I think that because they are underachieving on a team that's not that good anyway, it's very disheartening and they lack inspiration.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

I see I missed a fun-filled afternoon, and judging by some of the posts, I'm sure as hell glad I did.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #490
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
did anyone else here the crowd noise skip at one point?

it was very strange... i'm guessing it was simply the NBC audio feed but the announcers kept talking normaly, almost like the colts were pumping crowd audio in.
just so we're all straight on this entire issue... the guy who first brought up the potential pumping in of crowd noise by the colts was me

non patriot fan.

it was obviously a technical error on CBS' part. players would have complained or even stopped if they had heard a loud skipping noise inside the dome. no one reacted on the field, it was obviously a CBS error.

that said... those of you who are taking the "so what even if they were it's not like it compares to what belichick" road are so full of bono sized crap that it's not even worth discussing, but i will anyway.

firstly, the pats taped signals (if you don't believe other teams steal signals, you've probably sent your bank account info via e-mail to a nigerian prince in hopes of him depositing 15 million dollars into your account) not for use during the game, but to study for use later on. it's not like they had a direct video feed that they were analyzing in real time.

pumping crowd noise, if any teams do it (which they do) is directly attempting to distract the visiting team.

if the taping is cheating because it's illegal, then the pumping of crowd nosie is cheating, because it, too, is illegal, and it has an immediate effect, where as the video taping has an effect only on teams stupid enough to not change their hand signals weeks later.

but, of course, the reality is both are silly things that get built up to about 100 times what they're really worth. the belichick taping thing was no big deal, and neither is pumping crowd noise. it's all just bullshit that the media harps on to try to make a story out of nothing.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I think that Andy Reid makes them play worse anyway, because he's not good at preparing, he doesn't get his players in shape, he doesn't playcall well, etc. And I think his off-the-field stuff has just maximized his weaknesses. I think the problem is that they're not a very good team, and they beat themselves up by being out-of-shape and commiting penalties and a bunch of mental errors (a lot of which are the fault of Reid). And I think that because they are underachieving on a team that's not that good anyway, it's very disheartening and they lack inspiration.
Its an odd situation as Reid coached them to 4 straight NFC title games, and now seems to have lost them. The talent level hasn't dropped off as much as the on field performance has. I don't see it as much first hand, but it looks to me like they need a coaching change to shake things up, regardless of the Reid family issues.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #492
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

firstly, the pats taped signals not for use during the game, but to study for use later on.
[/gullible]

Quote:
that said... those of you who are taking the "so what even if they were it's not like it compares to what belichick" road are so full of bono sized crap that it's not even worth discussing
Not really. Don't you think it's a tad hypocritical that the Pats organization themselves were after the league to look into this, when they're the same ones who were charged an astronomical fine just two months ago? It's like a serial killer pointing out a jaywalker.

And, let's face it, now that it's turned out to be the fault of CBS, the Pats have gone from being crybabies, to being overreacting, hypocritical crybabies. Good job.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #493
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

It's like a serial killer pointing out a jaywalker.

I told you a million times not to exaggerate.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

[/gullible]

Not sure how Headache is gullible there...Goodell stated that he was certain the Pats had not seen any of what they had taped prior to it being confiscated.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #495
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
I told you a million times not to exaggerate.
OK...how about mail fraud?