NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to love those Packer fans....this one has been labeled the Lambeau Creep! Nice grab (is that Dalton?)

CROTCH2.jpg

Video HERE at after the 3:30 mark!

Speaking of Lambeau Leaps...do any Packer fans remember when Robert Brooks put out that "Jump In The Stands" CD? My sister was in the photoshoot for the CD artwork, I think she ended up on the back cover and the actual disc. I couldn't find those pics online, but I found the painting that someone had done of one of the pics. My sister's best friend is in the white hat, and my sister is the blonde next to her:

Stands.jpg

That's my random Packer contribution to this thread for today. :wink:

November 4, 2007

Detroit, MI – Ford Field, the home of the Detroit Lions, has hosted more than 4,000 events since its inception in 2002, and this season will host the 5 Millionth Fan!

5 MILLIONTH FAN CELEBRATION

Fans who attend the Lions vs. Giants game on November 18th will have the chance to represent Ford Field’s 5 Millionth Fan! The lucky fan will win a 2-Year Lease on a 2008 Ford Focus, a Suite for the Lions Thanksgiving Day Game including Lavdas Limousine Service, Levy Restaurants Catering and Ford Field Parking, a Weekend Package at Boyne, and much more! Promotional details and rules are available at www.fordfield.com.*

To recognize the Ford Field attendance of 5 Million Fans, five fans will be randomly selected upon entry to Ford Field to represent the 5 Million Fans. One of the five selected fans will then be randomly selected on the field during halftime as the 5 Millionth Fan grand prize winner.

:hmm:

Bill Polian whining...

http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=a944a52a-fe00-45a7-ab03-3aef537264a3

Here's the whining, if you want to skip the whole thing...

Q: Sometimes teams kick field goals on third down in case there’s a bad snap or a block. Is it possible if you miss a field goal on third down to kick it again on fourth down?

A: Only if it’s blocked. Let me explain the strategy we were employing Sunday night. It’s exactly the right strategy. We had assumed that (running back) Joseph Addai made the first down. So did everybody in America. Unfortunately, one guy in the building didn’t and guessed at it and it changed. But that’s immaterial. It didn’t affect the outcome of the game. However, had the first down stood, what we then would have done was knelt down three times, which would have used up all the time left on the clock. We would have taken a timeout with seven seconds left and kicked the winning field goal and San Diego would never have gotten the ball back. That was exactly the right strategy. It was exactly what we needed to do. In our view, we executed. The replay official didn’t think we did. We’ll discuss that with the league office at the appropriate time. That’s all that needs to be said about that, because they really don’t deserve much more mention than that. In the end, regardless of what occurred after that, you have to kick the field goal. I really like our chances with 1:20 to go with our defense on the field with them having to kick a game-clinching field goal with no times out.

Hey, in real time I thought he (Addai) made it, but in the replay you could clearly see he was a bit short. Best part is the little passive-aggressive threat "We’ll discuss that with the league office at the appropriate time". Whatever Bill.

How can you not hate that team?

CTU2fan said:

How can you not hate that team?

Hate is a pretty strong term for an athletic team that has very little bearing on life in general, but if that's what floats your boat.... :wink:

The irony of your post...Polian states he may talk to the league office later. Unlike the "whining" the Pats organization did by contacting the league office to look into CBS' sound screw-up. Or is THAT justified?

I won't go into the "justification" of cheating that has gone on throughout the season.

Polian has done a fair amount of whining in his day - getting the pass defense rules changed after the 2004 afc title game comes to mind.

randhail said:
Polian has done a fair amount of whining in his day - getting the pass defense rules changed after the 2004 afc title game comes to mind.

Indeed.

And we could pull up other accounts of things he has supposedly said. But.....

Pot: Man, I HATE that kettle because it is black.

DaveC...how else can I point out the irony?

By "hate" I of course meant "in the context of hating a sports team" not "I wish evil on them" or anything like that. But based on the :wink: I'm guessing you knew that :wink:

And why does it always have to be about the Patriots? I was talking about Bill Polian whining post-Chargers...nowhere in my post was there any mention of the Pats. I mean, great as they are :wink: it's a pleasure to discuss them...but I think the Colts deserve their fair share of discussion too, don't you guys? :)

In the Polian thing you had a whine (we made the 1st down), a misrepresentation (everyone in America except the replay official thought it was a 1st down), and a threat (we're going to the league). I fully realize it's gamesmanship. Polian knows he's on the competition committee, he knows the officials are aware of this, and he's putting (not so) subtle pressure on them hoping the next close call(s) go his/the Colts' way. It's smart, and it will probably work to their benefit somewhere down the road. Phil Jackson has done it for years with NBA officials.

There's an epic game going on right now between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Berlin Thunder.

I just picked up Madden '08. :hyper:

Guess I asked for that one, eh?

Anyways, the score is 84-0 (FOR THE EAGLES) at the end of the first quarter. I haven't played since Madden 06 so I figured I'd play an easy game in order to figure out the controls. Think I'm going to save this and come back to it later, and play a game on a skill level that is actually worth playing.

I'm debating whether or not to watch the Skins game today. I know I'll end up watching some of it, but it's only a matter of time before it gets out of hand and I have to shut the TV off. :( I haven't dreaded a football game this much in a long time. Heck, before the Patriots game I even had some hope, but we clearly suck now.

No team that loses to the 2007 Eagles is a good team. That's just a fact of life. :banghead:

LemonMelon said:
No team that loses to the 2007 Eagles is a good team. That's just a fact of life. :banghead:

So when the Eagles destroy the perfect season next week, that will automatically make the Patriots a bad team?

:laugh: Ha - sorry, couldn't keep a straight face.

Yeah, they suck. Miami's got a better chance of breaking the 0-fer today than the Eagles do of winning next week.

Wow, Jax is just punching San Diego right in the mouth early on. Running it right down their throats.

Something with his ankle. He got tackled, limped off, went to the locker room. Haven't seen him since. X-rays were negative.

Feeley looks ten times better than him, practically by default.

Hewson said:
Wow, has Adam Vinatieri just lost it all of a sudden?

yeah, at least he won it in the end

but that game was much closer than it should have been. i hope the colts get back in their groove after this win.

phillyfan26 said:
Something with his ankle. He got tackled, limped off, went to the locker room. Haven't seen him since. X-rays were negative.

Feeley looks ten times better than him, practically by default.

You gotta be kidding.

Is this guy made of glass or something?? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom