New TV show called "One Tree Hill"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl02

Refugee
I saw an ad on tv today for a new show called "One Tree Hill" either on Fox or the WB... I forget :der:

Has anyone else heard about it? Do you think it has anything to do with the song, or is it just a random coincidence? I wonder if U2 will be mentioned at all... probably not. :shrug:

my brother-in-law lives in a suburb called One Tree Hill...a fact that always amuses me.
You never know our luck..it might be a U2-based sitcom?

the "one tree" story in New Zealand is a bit of a sad one( re:colonialism).
Anyway, I'm curious now, please tell us what it is about when you see it please.

Alright, I did some research haha. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with U2 or a town called One Tree Hill... unless I just haven't read it yet.

(Taken from my local WB site)

One Tree Hill, 9/8c - WB fans will recognize Chad Michael Murray (Gilmore Girls, Dawson's Creek) who stars as Lucas, an only child living with his single working mom. His love of basketball brings him into conflict with Nathan (newcomer James Lafferty), star of the high school team and born into a wealthy family. To make matters even more complicated, both are after the heart of Peyton (Hilarie Burton, "MTV's TRL") and both harbor the dark secret that they share the same father. Also starring Paul Johansson ("Beverly Hills, 90210"), Moira Kelly ("The West Wing"), Craig Sheffer ("A River Runs Through It") and Barry Corbin ("Northern Exposure").
Premieres September 23

Sounds pretty soap opera-ish to me :tsk:

What's interesting is that this wouldn't be the first time that TV movie people who are U2 fans, lift a little from their favorite musical heros. Remember that short lived show called Mysterious Ways???? The writer was a big U2 fan.

I think it's from some of the same people involved with the Gilmore Girls. The writers on that show are obviously U2 fans... they mention U2, and Bono all the time.

Back
Top Bottom