New Radiohead album announced The King of Limbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Of course I still pre-ordered the digital only, but it'd be nice to have some pre-order middle ground between digital only and the-whole-shebang.

Yeah, you go buy the record for standard price in a few weeks. Not sure why you need to pre-order either. Though I'm sure you'll have the option as well on amazon before too long.

Also, in terms of the whole waiting discussion, it's not like we haven't heard anything from the band since In Rainbows.

They gave us These Are My Twisted Words, and that song about Harry the war hero or whatever it was called.

Thom also performed at least three acoustic songs over the past few years: Giving up the Ghost, Present Tense, and Lotus Flower spring to mind as the names, but I could be slightly askew on those. There's also Super Collider.

what is the difference of buying the mp3 version vs the wav version?

Martha, I am on the fence about buying the LE set now or just wait until the LPs and CD go on sale in late march as record store day stated today on facebook.

In a practical sense, only $5. 320kbps mp3s are pretty high quality, and it'd be very tough to hear the difference compared to the uncompressed WAV files which are the "full CD quality".

I checked the bestsellers list on Amazon and $10-12 was the common range for a CD. So it looks like Radiohead is back in the mainstream of industry pricing after In Rainbows. Looks like it'll be a while longer before anyone starts pricing albums in my ideal $5-7 range.

Interestingly, there was a ~$2 difference between mp3s and CDs, which does relate to how much value I'd put into owning a physical "perfect" copy of the thing. In this case, paying $5 more and not even getting a CD out of it seems a little silly to me.

Radiohead does really like to impress their fans with really short deadlines, an announcement just 6 days before its release?
Most bands release an announcement for release with some months in advance.

I wonder what they got prepared for the tour dates....

In a practical sense, only $5. 320kbps mp3s are pretty high quality, and it'd be very tough to hear the difference compared to the uncompressed WAV files which are the "full CD quality".

I checked the bestsellers list on Amazon and $10-12 was the common range for a CD. So it looks like Radiohead is back in the mainstream of industry pricing after In Rainbows. Looks like it'll be a while longer before anyone starts pricing albums in my ideal $5-7 range.

Interestingly, there was a ~$2 difference between mp3s and CDs, which does relate to how much value I'd put into owning a physical "perfect" copy of the thing. In this case, paying $5 more and not even getting a CD out of it seems a little silly to me.

Thank you for responding. so if I buy the wav file, will I have problems playing it in my itunes? Sorry I have no idea about this simple technology! :lol:

If you try and play WAV files in iTunes, it automatically converts them to MP3. So unless you have another player that will play WAV files, you might as well get MP3s.

Short of excessive audiophilia, there's nothing wrong with 320kbps mp3 for the majority of listening situations.

I read somewhere that most people cannot tell the difference between 256 and 320 kbps. I wonder if that is true. I honestly don't hear a difference between the two.

Yeah, unless you're playing at obscene levels or volumes, it's hard to find flaws in bit rates that high on general listening.

:lol:

It honestly depends on what you're listening on and how engaged you are.

I'm thinking I'm gonna buy the digital only on Saturday, then if it's sufficiently awesome I'll buy the CD when it's available, that was my plan for In Rainbows, but I didn't like it enough to go out and get it again, I just burned a copy for my car.

I can't tell the difference between screamo and a man having his leg sawed off without anaesthetic.

Yes. One you stick your lips on and hum until it makes a funny noise and the other is a musical instrument.
Slow-Clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom