New Pearl Jam leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

if springsteen was with the e-street? see bruce. but bruce with some folk band? see pearl jam.

Have you even listened to some of the new stuff though, Headache? I wouldn't exactly call it folk music - I'd call it a wild romp.

I'm biased, of course, but I'd see Bruce over Pearl Jam myself.

That being said, seeing both would be the ultimate choice.

Now that I agree with, because Bruce with E Street is the ultimate concert experience.

But something tells me this tour is going to be quite entertaining, albeit in a different kind of way.

Of course, you've probably got second row with Hewson for Pearl Jam, so that ain't too bad, either. :wink:

phanan said:

Have you even listened to some of the new stuff though, Headache? I wouldn't exactly call it folk music - I'd call it a wild romp.

I'm biased, of course, but I'd see Bruce over Pearl Jam myself.

It really is a great album, Shannon. It's different, but I say that in a very positive way.

I was planning on seeing PJ the last time they came around but forgot when tickets went on sale and therefore, missed out. At least I know they'll come back around in a year or so (hopefully).

Originally posted by Headache

i haven't heard all of it... only bits and pieces.

:shrug: ya can't go wrong with either... i just think that bruce with the e-street is such an amazing experience that i wouldn't want anyone to see bruce without 'em unless they've already seen bruce with 'em

Bruce with the boys is mindblowing - I've seen them 3 times and can't say enough about how great those shows were. :drool:

I could've had the chance to see Bruce open the Devils & Dust tour here last year but was sorta busy following some short Irish dudes around. :shifty:

This thread is making me realize I need an unlimited flow of cash coming into a concert bank account so I can see everyone I want to, when I want to. : pouts :

:tongue:

phanan said:

How about this for a week's worth of events in Boston;
May 22 Alice in Chains, Avalon
May 24 Pearl Jam, Garden
May 25 Pearl Jam, Garden
May 27 Bruce and the Q Avenue Fiddlers, Garden
May 28 Divorce Court (Hence I'll probably have to skip Bruce this time around to avoid this one)

:mad: i'm getting tired of events that require a valid ID... considering the great state of new york took mine and i don't get it back until may 8th :ohmy:
Supposedly the Tower Records store in the village is having a record release party Mon night and at Midnight they start selling the CD($9.99, not bad) and will give out 450 tickets to the Irving Plaza "secret" show to the first 450 cd purchasers. Ten Club supposedly has the other tickets to distribute.

Hewson said:
How about this for a week's worth of events in Boston;
May 22 Alice in Chains, Avalon
May 24 Pearl Jam, Garden
May 25 Pearl Jam, Garden
May 27 Bruce and the Q Avenue Fiddlers, Garden
May 28 Divorce Court (Hence I'll probably have to skip Bruce this time around to avoid this one)

That is quite the impressive week you have going.

wow i just posted all the lyrics and when i went to post interference asked me for my password and i lost it all

uh yea... not doing that again.

???

http://www.pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#108

SECRET SHOW-TICKETS AT TOWER MIDNIGHT SALE04.27.06
Secret Show NYC- Tower Records and J Records have teamed up to present a special show on Friday May 5th at a yet-undisclosed location in Manhattan. Be one of the first on line to purchase Pearl Jam at midnight at the Tower store on 4th and Broadway on Monday May 1st and receive a FREE ticket to the show. Supplies are limited, so get there early.

Kicking myself for not pre-ordering the CD thru the website.
Aside from the bonus CD of NYE show from 1992, the damn thing is showing up in peoples' mailboxes this morning. I could have irritated my wife with it all weekend.

Yeah if you search best available you'll see a club 115 for 5/24 and balc 330 for 5/25.
If you ask for loge specifically in the drop down, you'll see loge 16 for 5/24 and loge 19 for 5/25.

My professional opinion is that 15 and 20 are excellent sections and often less expensive that 14 and 21 (not the case with PJ), and 16 and 19 aren't bad.

Hewson said:

well i'm gonna have to try... i wonder how many people will show up. by the time i'm able to get in there the line will probably already be rediculous.

worth a shot anyway

this is one of the rare instances where i wish pearl jam would take a cue from u2 and do their super special secret show outdoors

I haven't heard the album. Not a single song (yet).

But I do have tickets for their concert in Antwerp!!! :hyper:

They're playing in a small stadium here in the Netherlands (the same venue as U2 played on the Elevation Tour) and I'm expecting them to be not really suitable for a venue like that one. And the concert in Antwerp is in an arena (coincidentally, also the same venue as U2 played on the Elevation Tour), so it's much smaller. Anyway, ticket sales started this morning. I tried to login and order tickets, but often got that server busy message, etc. I never got a screen saying that I'd bought something. However, while I was trying I suddenly received an email stating I'd bought tickets! :up:

My first Pearl Jam concert! :happy:

There's nothing to get about this album. It's just an awesome bunch of tunes, PJ at their best.

It's not their best, not even on their top3, but it's incredibly consistent, just like Ten, No Code or Yield.

Because of the new record I got into Pearl Jam again... I'm seeing them twice in September, so 2006 is Pearl Jam's year. They're my favourite band again.

I even got into Riot Act... Save You, Green Disease, Thumbing my Way and Love Boat Captain save the album :drool: :drool: :drool:

And I found some gems in Lost Dogs... Down, Sad, Fatal, Hard to imagine :drool:. It's a shame I hadn't give Lost Dogs a decent chance before, besides Yellow Ledbetter.

Zootlesque said:
Okay... I can't..... really... get into this album... Does it grow on you or something? :huh:

Oh, it's growing on my heart right now! :heart:

Only four songs in, but it seems like a kind of anti-war album...pretty intense. It's streaming right now on AOL:

http://mp.aol.com/audio.index.adp?pmmsid=1638320&referer=http%3A//music.aol.com/artist/pearl-jam/5118/main

MacPhistoPT said:

And I found some gems in Lost Dogs... Down, Sad, Fatal, Hard to imagine :drool:. It's a shame I hadn't give Lost Dogs a decent chance before, besides Yellow Ledbetter.

:up: Sad is one of my favourite songs. In retrospect, it would've easily made Binaural a better album.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Thanks to this thread, I've been on a huge PJ kick this week (taking turns with Bruce, of course :wink: ).

I've been doing the exact same thing. I have listened to the following this last week:

Ten
Vs.
Vitalogy
No Code
Yield
Binaural
We Shall Overcome (a few times)
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Nebraska
Born in the USA
The Rising
Devils & Dust

And that's about it. :wink:

angelordevil said:

:up: Sad is one of my favourite songs. In retrospect, it would've easily made Binaural a better album.

Looks like they'll be playing Sad this tour. :drool: I'd like to see Down too, I love that song. Those are the two best songs in Lost Dogs I guess... besides Yellow Ledbetter which is probably my 2nd all-time PJ fav

Just bought the new album yesterday (thats when it came out in Australia) and it is fantastic!! And I heard Pearl Jam are gonna tour Australia as well at the end of the year...so i am so excited..I'd love to see them again!

MacPhistoPT said:

Looks like they'll be playing Sad this tour. :drool: I'd like to see Down too, I love that song. Those are the two best songs in Lost Dogs I guess... besides Yellow Ledbetter which is probably my 2nd all-time PJ fav

Those two are magical, as well. :up:

During their stop here on the Canadian tour, I thought about bringing a request sign to the show...I was going to write Sad on one side, and I got ID on the other. I chickened out in the end. There's always the slight possibility of Ed hauling you up on stage if he spots something unusual...or if he's been drinking. I'd die to hear those songs live, however.

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom