New LCD Soundsystem album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1237576337_daffy-jerking.gif

jizz.gif

Ha - based on the image names, I can see what they were supposed to be, but one says bandwidth exceeded, the other moved or deleted.

I was just in a record store in Soho and they were playing a promo copy of the new album. I heard about three or four songs and I can say that it sounds fantastic - the sound and lyrics have a bite to them that I didn't hear in Sound of Silver. It's just a first impression, but I think that this album has a great deal of potential.

Are you sure it wasn't the soundtrack album that just came out that he did all the work on?

Are you sure it wasn't the soundtrack album that just came out that he did all the work on?

It definitely was not the soundtrack. The clerk told me a bit about the album but I could not understand much of what he said due to a very thick accent.

Seems like there would be tracks all over the place if there were promo albums out there.

Well, perhaps I'm mistaken. I have however heard LCD's entire catalogue, and what I heard today was not a part of that back catalogue. Maybe it was a single and a few b-sides; otherwise it was an artist doing an impeccable LCD Soundsystem imitation. In any case, I think that you can expect to see something new in the next few weeks.

The soundtrack to Greenburg just came out today, and is entirely made up of new James Murphy songs. That's my guess.

I was just Wikipedia'ing James Murphy and it says he was offered a job writing for Seinfeld back in the early 90s. Don't know if it's true, but that's fuckin awesome if it is.

It is true. He said he was too lazy in the early 90s to do anything like that (it was in like the second season), although had he known it would've been really popular, he probably would have.

Well, it's not the most profound shit in the world, but the guitars sound awesome. And if they're not going to bother with beats anymore, that counts for a lot.

At least it has a hook, which puts it ahead of much of Sound of Silver's second half. Chalk up one good track for LP3.

I think I'm going to go listen to "All My Friends" or "Get Innocuous" and forget this song was ever created...

Seems pretty par for the course for them. :shrug:

:yes: How does this differ from North American Scum and Daft Punk Is Playing At My House? They have at least one track that sounds like this one per album, only it's not as leaden as last time. :shrug:

Exactly. And it's not like their beloved songs are exactly masterpieces of originality, creativity, or quality in the first place. They've made some fun songs, and I like both of their albums, but I don't really think expecting much more than what they've already done is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom