NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just sorry I turned it off before I got to see Ray elbow Verajao in the crotch. I was going to say "in the nuts" but it was Verajao...

ray allen on cleveland's goofing around durring yesterday's game...

"I'm always going to remember that," Ray Allen said. "If I beat a team, as happy as I may be in victory, I'm always going to stay humble and always remember that there's another day. We play each other too much. Those are great motivational thoughts for me."

Of course with no Kevin Garnett until November, odds that ray sees the Cavs in the playoffs are low.

November? KG will be back for the playoffs. Celtics have said he will sit the rest of the regular season. No one ever said he was out for the year.

November? KG will be back for the playoffs. Celtics have said he will sit the rest of the regular season. No one ever said he was out for the year.
Trust me, there's something seriously wrong that they are trying to keep under wraps. He's gonna try, but he won't be effective and will be shut down after 1 or 2 games.

Trust me, there's something seriously wrong that they are trying to keep under wraps. He's gonna try, but he won't be effective and will be shut down after 1 or 2 games.

Matchbook has the Celtics at +232/-250 to win/not win the ECF. What do you think of these odds? I would guess that -250 is pretty good value if KG misses the entire playoffs.

The bizarre thing is, I think they can make the ECF without Garnett, and I'm not sure they can win the ECF with him.

Not sure if anyone caught it but Reggie Miller's discussion of Ray Allen's suspension during the game last night was pretty funny.

This pretty much explains the Jazz's performance last night;
IMG_2445.jpg

I was in front on a heckler that drove Matt Harpring crazy. He would not let up on him.

I watched the Mavs game in a bar full of Rockets fans. Awesome

Bring on the Spurs or Blazers, baby. I don't know who I'd rather have.

Mavs vs. Spurs means a lot of friendship rifts, including the one between potential new Miss Impy and myself. It basically comes down to what happens with Portland here.

Mavs vs. Spurs means a lot of friendship rifts, including the one between potential new Miss Impy and myself. It basically comes down to what happens with Portland here.

Let's hope Portland pulls it out, so you'll get a chance to do the same yourself.

Matchbook has the Celtics at +232/-250 to win/not win the ECF. What do you think of these odds? I would guess that -250 is pretty good value if KG misses the entire playoffs.

Celtics now at +300/-420. Dammit, I knew I should have shorted the Celtics when I made the previous post.

Well, this will at least make things a bit more interesting for us.

And KG already got his ring anyway, so he can sit this one out.

Things just keep getting better for the C's.

BREAKING NEWS 6:19 PM

AINGE SUFFERS HEART ATTACK

Boston Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge is at Massachusetts General Hospital after having a minor heart attack. He is "recovering nicely," according to the team.

Jeez, that's ridiculous. I'm rooting for a Magic/Celtics 2nd round series, but it won't be the same without KG there, if that happens.

I knew Turk and Lewis were both hurt, but not "oh, they might play in the 1st round, might not"-type of hurt. One of them has got to play at the very least.

I mean, it's not like the Magic are known for horrific 1st round exits or anything...

Things just keep getting better for the C's.

BREAKING NEWS 6:19 PM

AINGE SUFFERS HEART ATTACK

Boston Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge is at Massachusetts General Hospital after having a minor heart attack. He is "recovering nicely," according to the team.

Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom