NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #481
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Bow wow.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #482
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:38 AM
I'm sick of all this trade talk...I want something BIG to happen.

Do you think Portland is going to draft Oden? I just heard his workout "left some things to be desired"

They very well could use a guy like Durant.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #483
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:38 PM
As much as I think Oden should be the first pick, the Blazers need a perimeter scorer like Durant more.

The only thing that makes sense to me is if they draft Oden and trade Randolph for a guy like Antawn Jamison or maybe Shawn Marion? I don't know.

And who's the Sonics' best big guy? Robert Swift? Nick Collison? Danny Fortson? My point exactly.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #484
Blue Crack Addict

No brainer...Oden goes 1.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #485
Blue Crack Distributor

i wouldn't be stunned if one or both of these two were a bust... but if i had to pick one that had the better chance of being a bust, it would certainly be oden...

... but he would also be the guy with the greatest "tremendous upside potential." in other words, his ceiling is higher than durant's, but so is his basement.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #486
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

4 days until the draft

I'm more excited to see how bad the Hawks mess up their 2 draft picks.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:05 PM   #487
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i wouldn't be stunned if one or both of these two were a bust... but if i had to pick one that had the better chance of being a bust, it would certainly be oden...

... but he would also be the guy with the greatest "tremendous upside potential." in other words, his ceiling is higher than durant's, but so is his basement.
See I was thinking just the opposite Barring catastrophic injury I'd be Stunned if either was a bust, especially Oden. To me his floor is Alonzo Mourning's game as a Hornet.

And even though I would take Oden first every time, I think Durant has more upside. He hasn't even begun filling out his frame, and should have a better all-court game than Oden.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
4 days until the draft

I'm more excited to see how bad the Hawks mess up their 2 draft picks.
Can someone clue me on on some key dates. The draft is Wednesday the 27th?

When can trades begin, and free agent signings?

Thanking whomever in advance
Old 06-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #489
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

The draft is on June 28th, 7 ET on ESPN.

I think trades/free agent signings officially start on July 1st.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #490
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White

See I was thinking just the opposite Barring catastrophic injury I'd be Stunned if either was a bust, especially Oden. To me his floor is Alonzo Mourning's game as a Hornet.

And even though I would take Oden first every time, I think Durant has more upside. He hasn't even begun filling out his frame, and should have a better all-court game than Oden.
that's quite the basement... people forget how nasty mourning was pre-kidney disease.

i'd be very surprised, based off of what i've seen from him thus far, if oden will be as good as stoudamire or howard, let alone alonzo mourning.

we're talking about a player who's only really playing basketball because of how tall he is, who wanted to be a dentist, and who had a grand total of one very good game in his freshman year of college, playing against far inferior talent to what he's going to face next year. when i see oden i see a player who in 5-10 years we're going to be talking about how good he could be if he'd only have his mind and heart into it all the time. i think he's soft.

then again, i could very well be dead wrong... and i hope i do, we need some great centers back in the league.

as for durant... look... i don't put much stock into combine stats... but dude couldn't even put up 185 once after a year at a top flight D1 university... that's at the very least a bit alarming.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #491
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

NBA TV's airing a marathon of all of the drafts since 1984 until Thursday.

I'm watching the '84 Draft right now, the Rockets just picked "Akeem" Olajuwon. When did he make the switch to Hakeem?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #492
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:38 PM
LMP, I'm at the '86 draft. I'm actually on camera a few times. I'm at the 1985 draft, too, just not on camera.

If memory serves, and I could be off....for these drafts, the players are actually in the crowd, facing Stern, not in a green room in the back like now. So...I think....and, again, could be wrong...but I think that when Lenny Bias gets picked during the '86 draft, you can see me and my best friend right behind him.....if we're not on camera, it's only because we were literally sitting a row or two behind him....talking about Bias always bums me out, that was sad. I was your age when he died, so, imagine if you heard, a week or two after the draft, that Mike Conley or Al Horford died. Strange.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #493
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Thats pretty cool that you were at the draft, but man, the Bias story always depresses me. He was the guy that was going to keep the Celtics a contender for at least another decade.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 AM   #494
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:38 PM
I am no Celtic fan, but, yeah, it was very tragic. That whole draft was littered with sad stories, a lot of drugs and such.

Also, I'm a 76'er fan, so that's a dark day for us....76'ers held the #1 and #23 pick, and had Moses Malone on the roster....that was the story before my friend and I left school to get on the train to go to the Garden and the draft...we get to the draft, and now the Cavs have the first pick, Bullets the 23rd...I asked James Brown, the CBS commentator, who was not a big deal at the time, what had happened...and he told me...fucking Philly dealt the #1 pick to the Cavs for Roy Hinson...that pick would become Brad Daugherty....then they traded Moses and the 23rd pick to the Bullets for Cliff Robinson and Jeff Ruland. Ruland would break his fucking foot and play a grand total of 18 games for Philly. Nice.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 AM   #495
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Damn.