NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2007, 10:26 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:45 AM
We'll just see then won't we..?

Old 05-30-2007, 10:28 PM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tpsreports2424
We'll just see then won't we..?
No, we won't, because Paxson will never trade Deng AND Gordon together.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

touché.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
And Deng would be the perfect sidekick for Kobe.
So was Caron Butler and Lamar Odom...

Quote:
do you think most bulls fans just don't like kobe because he is not on the bulls and could be one of the most talented players in the NBA right now?
I think some think he's been trying to be Jordan from the beginning. But NEVER would I be pissed that the best player in the NBA isn't on my team if the best player acts like Kobe.

I know he is good. And he very well could be the best player in the NBA. That is up to interpretation and I think it just depends on how you look at best player. Most clutch? I would give that to Kobe with Billups close second. Best player? I'm still undecided. He can put the ball in the hole that's for sure. But I don't like the way he leads or coexists with his teammates. Yes he is at a higher level than all of them. But he sure does make that known. If you're fed you are nothing you'll believe it.

Watch Steve Nash with all his players. Sincere apologies when he makes a mistake. Trust is sooooo evident. maybe it's players. But I tend to think it has more to do with the leader of their team.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

after reading kobe's new post on his site, he is most likely leaving the Lakers..

c'mon bulls baby!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #216
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

So was Caron Butler and Lamar Odom...

Lamar Odom is overrated. And Caron Butler never really got the chance to play with Kobe....he was injured for most of the one year, and then he was traded for Kwame freaking Brown. Caron could've been real good with Kobe.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:37 PM   #217
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

No, no they wouldn't.

You're talking about giving up two guys who will at some point average in the neighborhood of 25ppg, with Deng also in the neighborhood of 6-10 boards per game, PLUS Tyrus, PLUS the draft pick, all for a 30 year old who has 2, maybe 3 years before he starts to really decline.

It would be worth if for those two or three years we had a legitimate no-questions-asked window for a championship, but no matter how bad you think the East is, you are nuts if you think Noc/Kobe/Hinrich/Thabo/Duhon are going to the finals. Seriously.
lebron & a bunch of bums are 2 games away from the finals. kobe's better than lebron. call me crazy, but, yea...

and the disagreement over who gets the better deal comes over your insistance that deng and gordon are "special" players. frankly, deng has a chance to maybe average 25 a game, but i would not be shocked if neither of them ever did. you're over-rating your players a wee bit too much.

deng, good player.
gordon, nice player.
kobe, great player, potential to be a legendary player.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

im soo excited, id get rid of deng noc and gordon for kobe!!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

never mind, then we'll turn up like the chicago lakers
Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Kobe and Deng would mesh perfect. It would be strikingly similar to Jordan and Pippen to once again compare... I hate doing that. Sorry.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #221
Blue Crack Distributor

i really don't see the deng and pippen comparisons... if there's anyone in the league who i would compare to scottie pippen it's tayshaun prince.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 PM   #222
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

lebron & a bunch of bums are 2 games away from the finals. kobe's better than lebron. call me crazy, but, yea...

and the disagreement over who gets the better deal comes over your insistance that deng and gordon are "special" players. frankly, deng has a chance to maybe average 25 a game, but i would not be shocked if neither of them ever did. you're over-rating your players a wee bit too much.

deng, good player.
gordon, nice player.
kobe, great player, potential to be a legendary player.
LeBron & a bunch of bums is right. I don't think the Cavs deserve to be where they are. Likewise, I don't WANT the Bulls to be a team that gets to the Finals just because the conference sucks that bad. I WANT the Bulls to be a legitimately good team that gets to the Finals because they legitimately bulldozed through all the other teams in the conference.

If Deng and Gordon are Lamar and Caron, we don't have a Wade to keep and pair up with Shaq(Kobe). Hinrich/Kobe/Noc/Thabo/Duhon has NO long-term benefits to it. I don't want to route for a team that's hoping to just survive a less-than-stellar conference on the back of an aging superstar only to get clobbered by whoever comes out of the West. I am willing to trade Gordon, but not Deng.

And yes, when it comes down to it, I see more for Deng in the future than you do.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I'm right with you Namkur.

With Deng, someone said 25 ppg but what you don't realize is he can easily average 6-8 rebounds a game and if he tacks on 3-4 assists, he is a star every year.

My comparisons of Deng to Pippen are long arms, iffy to not good 3 pointer, tough defense, runs the floor etc. Pippen was my favorite Bull. NObody will be him again.

Tayshawn . I hate the pistons. Every damn year. Pistons Pistons DEEEEEEEEEETROOOOIT BAAAAAASKETBAAAAALLL
Old 05-30-2007, 10:57 PM   #224
Blue Crack Distributor

deserve shmerve... they're there.

you seem to think luol deng is on track to have some hall of fame career. i think he's on track to be an all star a couple of times. kobe's already in the hall of fame, and he's only 28. michael jordan won his first championship at 28. aging superstar? please...

me saying that luol deng is not in the same stratosphere as kobe bryant and never will be is not a diss on luol deng. he's a good player. he should be an all star type player. he's never gonna be kobe bryant.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 PM   #225
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
deserve shmerve... they're there.

you seem to think luol deng is on track to have some hall of fame career. i think he's on track to be an all star a couple of times. kobe's already in the hall of fame, and he's only 28. michael jordan won his first championship at 28. aging superstar? please...

me saying that luol deng is not in the same stratosphere as kobe bryant and never will be is not a diss on luol deng. he's a good player. he should be an all star type player. he's never gonna be kobe bryant.
completely agree