National Hockey League 2012-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a photo of LeMel after the third Blackhawks goal last night:

http://trib.in/14UhSPC

14UhSPC

Peef Wellington: The Flyers have announced compliance buyouts for Danny Briere (as you probably already know) and *just* stated their intention to buy out Bryzgalov.

This means they will pay Bryzgalov approximately $1.63 million per year for the next 14 years to not play for them.

This means they will pay Bryzgalov approximately $1.63 million per year for the next 14 years to not play for them.

I'll not play for them the next 14 years for half that amount, think of the money they'll save with no change in on ice performance.

Peef Wellington: The Flyers have announced compliance buyouts for Danny Briere (as you probably already know) and *just* stated their intention to buy out Bryzgalov.

One of the Flyers blogs I follow opened with this sentence:

A good chunk of the people reading this sentence right now will be dead by the time Ilya Bryzgalov comes off the Flyers' books in 2027.

Congratulations to the Chicago fans, though. I'll bitch about the Flyers at a later date. That postseason was baller and deserves some glow basking.

I wonder what'll become of Bryz. If there is ever a player that is set for life... It's him. Definitely doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to.

So the Avs publicly announced they will not take Seth Jones as #1. Looks like they might be trying to bait the Panthers into moving up, but ultimately it looks like the Avs will take MacKinnon.

So, do the Panthers go BPA and take Seth Jones, or do they take the rising stock of Drouin? Anyone who's observed either of them play have any input?

Here's the Panthers situation... plenty of forward depth although lacking a franchise #1 center. Defense is deep in youth, but naturally D takes a while to develop. The defense was weak last season, but filled with a crop of young defenders. Naturally, if we were to draft to need it would be a center. Drafting a winger or dman is equivalently 'BPA' (which I strongly promote with a #2 pick).

So... Drouin or Jones?

Considering neither player is a Florida Panther and that the draft is league-wide, no.

Enjoy your team's victory. If you don't want to talk draft, that's fine. Don't. I wouldn't want to if I was you, either.

Dude, that has trainwreck written all over it.

Pretty much. I'm nervous. He was all slick and whatever in his various press conferences/Q&A's, but that did nothing to make me any less nervous that this has the potential to be a total disaster. I wish the contract was just for a year or two, but I guess we'll see what happens.

The Panthers would be wise to be all over Lecavalier. We have the perfect storm for him to join us for the next four seasons or so.

I wussed out and didn't go. :lol: I was out with Ashley until 2 AM last night and knew I wouldn't be able to get out there early enough to see anything so I've watched every second of it on CSN. Great speeches, especially from Crawford who clearly has a massive chip on his shoulder. Love this team, love this town, very proud. Really wish I'd gone, but even the crowds at Lolla piss me off. Three million people is just insane.

That was a huge bandwagon fans rally.

But don't be fool with that mirage,though

Tu ne connais pas de quoi tu parles. Chicago est un des meilleurs villes de hockey dans la LNH. Ils y avait certainment des milliers de personnes qu'on peut dire qui ne sont pas des vrais "fans", mais la majorite connais l'equipe ou sont des nouveau amateurs.

...Barkov?

Tu ne connais pas de quoi tu parles. Chicago est un des meilleurs villes de hockey dans la LNH. Ils y avait certainment des milliers de personnes qu'on peut dire qui ne sont pas des vrais "fans", mais la majorite connais l'equipe ou sont des nouveau amateurs.
I agree!

Barkov was a miserable "we didn't get MacKinnon" pick. Would've rather had Drouin. We definitely got a talented player but we definitely just drafted to needs with the #2 pick. Hope we see some trade action...

And what I mean by that is that Barkov offers the same size and same skill set at the same position as MacKinnon... all to a lesser degree.

I'm just shocked. We drafted a Finn. Tallon drafted a Finn.

Apparently the Panthers have talked to Lecavalier.

I'm still happy with this Barkov pick, but not happy with our 2nd round pick. We had the #1 goalie and some pretty awesome wingers right in front of us and we reached for a defender.

Back
Top Bottom