MUSE Part 5, where fan boys are welcomed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My special edition NME Muse Mag is on its way!! :hyper:

see...:D

Dear Amy Phillips,

The following item(s) have been successfully shipped and you should receive your merchandise within 2-6 days (UK & Europe) or 5-10 days (Rest of World).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORDER DETAILS FOR ORDER NUMBER: 503003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: 503003
Date of Order: 22/MAY/2010

Product: NME105
Artist: NME
Item: Muse (Pre Order)
Size/Qty: N/A x 1
Price: $9.99

Dispatch Date: 04/JUN/2010

Subtotal: $9.99
Shipping: $8.00
Total: $17.99

Nice :D. Eventually when I have the funds I'll go order that, I'd love to read it.

I just spent the last hour or so checking out clips of the new Muse songs live. There's a really nice rendition of "Unnatural Selection" from their Teighmouth show that I quite enjoyed. Don't know if people have already seen this or not, but either way, never hurts to share it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgX8eF8glCU

Angela

My special edition NME Muse Mag is on its way!! :hyper:

see...:D

:applaud: Mine is on it's way too. I can't wait. :hyper:

Nice :D. Eventually when I have the funds I'll go order that, I'd love to read it.

Someone from Muse.mu uploaded scans here. I didn't read the interviews because I'm trying to be patient, but I did take a peak at the photos because I am weak. :reject:

Oh, and this review from 2000 when they supported Bush at Shepherd's Bush had me close to tears:lol:.

Someone give the young man some Valium and a comb and the key to the pie cupboard please! Yes, they were only supporting Bush here tonight at this MTV-sponsored corporate cock-rock fest but to say they blew the Gavin’s shite Nirvana-lite mob offstage would be a blatant understatement. They hunted Bush down, caught them, tortured them, slaughtered them, buried them, danced on their graves and then dug them up and ate them. Then shat them out and buried them again. It was like that scene in Amadeus where Mozart utterly humiliates the balding Sallieri. Source

thanks to the warning by a certain torturer.. I WILL NOT CLICK that link.. :angry: now I have to friggin wait for the magazine to come from overseas! :grumpy: Not sure what is worse the torture of waiting for it or that CERTAIN someone who tortured me tonite who remain nameless.. you KNOW who u are..:tsk:

Someone from Muse.mu uploaded scans here. I didn't read the interviews because I'm trying to be patient, but I did take a peak at the photos because I am weak. :reject:

*Looks at link* Ooooooooooh. This be some good reading coming up! I probably will plow through the interview bits and such, because I don't know how long of a wait I'll have and I'm not willing to be that patient, but from first glance I can tell you're gonna have fun checking this out when your issue arrives :D. Thank you for the link to the scans, much appreciated :hug: (and thanks to the kind soul who put them up to begin with as well! Yay for thoughtful people).

Interesting little review there, to say the least-so, tell me, how do they really feel about Bush :p (I don't know a ton of Bush songs, but I do rather like "Glycerine"...)? Heh. Nice to know that even in their early days Muse were still kicking ass and taking names, though.

And I like that Bush was at Shepherd's Bush. Don't mind me, it's after 1 am and I find weird things funny late at night...

Speaking of magazines, was looking on the Rolling Stone website, and I guess in the latest issue, they're listing summer tours and festivals worth seeing, and Muse was among them (course, they mentioned their upcoming run from September through November, which isn't exactly summer, so don't know how it fits in, but who cares, in a magazine that generally isn't overly favorable to them, they got a positive mention, so yay).

Angela

LOL, "Sonic the Hedgehog"-that's great!

So...much...sparkle and glitter...between Matt's suit and his red guitar, let's just string him up on a ceiling and use him as a disco ball :p. Nice photos, though, thanks for sharing them. I'm really liking that white suit on Chris, too. It's working for him :yes:. The lighting in some of those pictures is kinda neat as well, and it's nice that there's a few shots of their extra keyboardist helper :).

I don't want to torture those who are awaiting the delivery of their magazines, hence why I'm doing this bit this way-speaking of pictures, really loving those NME scans thus far. Especially this one:

IMG_6016 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

...I just want to say, that's frickin' adorable. Young Muse...awwwwww :cute:.

Also, found the Guitar Player magazine with Matt at Hy-Vee last night, yay! Lots of technical guitar talk that I didn't understand half of, but it was pretty fascinating nonetheless to see just how much work he puts into crafting his guitars and his sound.

Angela

Damn you Muse for becoming more popular in Australia! I tried getting Sydney GA but it was sold out. I still got a seating ticket, I know that I'd be kicking myself after our Melbourne show that I didn't go to more than one concert.

Aw *:hug: Saracene* :(. Yes, the lone downside of Muse's popularity-that's a shame, sorry to hear that.

U2Fanatic, woo, nice clips there, thanks for the links! "Bliss"-ah, how I love that song (but really, is there a Muse fan out there who doesn't love that song?). Easily in my top 10 favorite Muse songs list. "Unnatural Selection" seems to be shaping up to be one hell of a performance live-there was one point where the guitar did this weird, cool back and forth thing in my headphones :D. Shame it got cut off, though-you threw off my groove, YouTube, you threw off my groove!

Will definitely have to check out the rest of the performances from their set at that festival, I want to see how the whole thing turned out. I love these guys. I really do :).

Angela

Always enjoy seeing live performances of "Stockholm Syndrome" :up:. Another song that would be amongst my top 10. I love watching the band go nuts during the outro-Matt jumping all over the place and playing around with the amp, Dom flailing his arms, Chris banging his head...:D. What were the riffs and whatnot in that outro, they sounded familiar.

Here's an interview with Matt and Dom from that festival-don't know if you guys have seen it yet. There's mention of U2 at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMPZ-OAXW18

Angela

for Sacrene:
:hyper:

I am assuming you saw this...

Due to overwhelming demand, we're pleased to announce three additional dates for Muse's forthcoming Australian tour! The band will play second nights in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. The full list of dates is below:

05.12.10 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
06.12.10 Brisbane Entertainment Centre - EXTRA DATE
09.12.10 Sydney ACER Arena
10.12.10 Sydney ACER Arena - EXTRA DATE
14.12.10 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
15.12.10 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - EXTRA DATE
19.12.10 Perth Bassendean Oval

Tickets for these three new dates are available now from the link below...

BUY TICKETS

Yeah I saw this, unfortunately they started the sale for extra dates half an hour after the first ones sold out. At this hour I was already in bed :( No GA for me for this tour, alas, but hey I get to see my second-favourite band three times in one year, can't complain too much.

Stockholm Syndrome... it's okay guess.

Joking! :macdevil: It's bloody awesome :rockon:

Yeah I saw this, unfortunately they started the sale for extra dates half an hour after the first ones sold out. At this hour I was already in bed :( No GA for me for this tour, alas,

Awwwww :( :hug:. Sorry about that.

but hey I get to see my second-favourite band three times in one year, can't complain too much.

This is true. And for this I envy you immensely :p.

Stockholm Syndrome... it's okay guess.

Joking! :macdevil: It's bloody awesome :rockon:

You actually had me going there for a moment! Damn right it's bloody awesome :hi5:.

Angela

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT BELLAMY!

He turned the big 32 today.. :hyper::love:

and for his bday... he cut off his hair.. :sad: wonder if that *itch kate made him do it? :mad:

exhibit A

shorthairmatt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom