Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I love the song Cave. It makes me want to dance/have sex with something

and Showbiz is growing on me, a whole lot. love it (tha song). It's like the end of the world. Radiohead were never this epic.

only at a Muse concert...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HarF1rS4EQ
...do people mosh and crowd-surf to...piano.

Matt Bellamy wins at life.

this is so awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36JKpTteiSw

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I love how Muse add stuff to the end of their songs live, or add little parts into the songs... they take it to the HNL

I can't express how much I love this live version of Assassin and the orgasmic riffage at the end, :drool: :bow: :heart:

I think however that they did a right thing by not putting the extended version of Assassin on the album. I listened to it the other day and IMO the slower middle section would have disrupted the flow.

I started having this vivid dream that Muse was playing on the national mall in Washington DC and they were starting to play Blackout, it was beautiful and colorful and the crowd was all into it, and just as Matt was about to start singing my alarm went off. :banghead:

I just bought Hullabaloo...so now I have like everything Muse has ever done :drool:

i suppose there are b-sides to recent singles though?

Dusty Bottoms said:
I'm gonna see muse Saturday :dancing:

this saturday? as in, lollapalooza? :wink:

I can't fucking wait :drool: too bad I'll prolly be in the very back...I'll be bolting to Muse after seeing Spoon.

I think Muse is my favourite band right now (U2 is ultimately of course). I've liked them since 2005 but lately they've really been hitting me. and the album Showbiz has really grown on me. A couple of tracks I still think aren't that great (Unintended, Falling Down, Hate This and I'll Love You) but the rest is fantastic...especially the title track. it definitely won me over as one of Muse's best songs ever :drool: it's so emotional!

Hullabaloo is cool too. I haven't listened to all the live stuff yet but I listened to the b-sides and they're pretty baller, though I can see why a lot of them were b-sides - for example Yes Please offers some Rage-like awesomeness, but feels a little unfinished. Still, good stuff :up:

i think if any band around is worthy of taking U2's Best Band in the World title it's Muse ... I have high hopes for Bloc Party as well but they are much younger. Muse has already proven they're one of the best live acts out there and they've proven they're capable of writing all sorts of songs. also Matt Bellamy loves U2, I was lookin back at my old Q magazines and in 2004 he said U2 or the RHCP were the best band around, and in 2006 he said the 2005 Milan show was the best show he'd ever been to. not that a band needs to love U2 to be good but I think it's cool :wink:

AtomicBono said:

this saturday? as in, lollapalooza? :wink:

I can't fucking wait :drool: too bad I'll prolly be in the very back...I'll be bolting to Muse after seeing Spoon.

I think Muse is my favourite band right now (U2 is ultimately of course). I've liked them since 2005 but lately they've really been hitting me. and the album Showbiz has really grown on me. A couple of tracks I still think aren't that great (Unintended, Falling Down, Hate This and I'll Love You) but the rest is fantastic...especially the title track. it definitely won me over as one of Muse's best songs ever :drool: it's so emotional!

Hullabaloo is cool too. I haven't listened to all the live stuff yet but I listened to the b-sides and they're pretty baller, though I can see why a lot of them were b-sides - for example Yes Please offers some Rage-like awesomeness, but feels a little unfinished. Still, good stuff :up:

i think if any band around is worthy of taking U2's Best Band in the World title it's Muse ... I have high hopes for Bloc Party as well but they are much younger. Muse has already proven they're one of the best live acts out there and they've proven they're capable of writing all sorts of songs. also Matt Bellamy loves U2, I was lookin back at my old Q magazines and in 2004 he said U2 or the RHCP were the best band around, and in 2006 he said the 2005 Milan show was the best show he'd ever been to. not that a band needs to love U2 to be good but I think it's cool :wink:

I agree with every word in this post. I've said myself, if Muse can hang together and still put out hits, they'll definitely take over U2...and it almost scares myself to say that :ohmy:

Though even with Matt Bellamy's antics (conspiracy theories, etc.) I don't know if he can take over Bono's notoriety.

U2democrat said:

I agree with every word in this post. I've said myself, if Muse can hang together and still put out hits, they'll definitely take over U2...and it almost scares myself to say that :ohmy:

Though even with Matt Bellamy's antics (conspiracy theories, etc.) I don't know if he can take over Bono's notoriety.

They have very different characters... Both have unique personalities but in a very different way... There's a video on youtube where Matt talks about U2. Though he says the album next to Joshua Tree is Achtung Baby:wink: Shame on him! (kidding).

it's okay sometimes i like to forget Rattle and Hum exists too :wink:

yeah some of matt's theories are a little odd...like the 9/11 thing :huh: I'm sorry but that's one conspiracy theory that I think is total bullshit. i'm sure the government could have done more to stop the attack, but plan it themselves? no matt stfu trust maddox http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

is it bad that I'm considering buying a UK iTunes gift card just to buy all the b-sides not in the US store? :lol:

annie_vox said:
There's a video on youtube where Matt talks about U2. Though he says the album next to Joshua Tree is Achtung Baby:wink: Shame on him! (kidding).

I've seen another video on YouTube where he seemed to be under an impression that U2 are in their 60s! Young people these days, :rolleyes:

Yes, I also hope that Muse have a long and interesting career. I mean, I'm sure that U2 still have a few good years left in them, but they're 20 years older than me and I sometimes I really wish I had an opportunity to get into them earlier, their Achtung Baby years at least, and experience more of the whole magical ride.

And Matthew Bellamy is definitely an odd creature, :)

OMFG!!! Muse are touring Australia in November!! Twice in one year, are they nutters or what? I'msohappyI'msohappyI'msohappy, :dancing:

I think I'll stay at home in the morning the tickets go on sale, I HAVE to get them. God this news made my day...

dude im already like sad that muse don't live at my house or something

and I haven't even seen them yet

when they tour again I will like get GA and stand in line for shit

also my friend says all i talk about is muse

Bought Muse tickets for "my friend's birthday" aka I really want to see them and it is the day after his birthday so he gets to go along too. They are row QQQ though :slant: But I still expect my face to melt off, or something to that effect.

Saracene said:
OMFG!!! Muse are touring Australia in November!! Twice in one year, are they nutters or what? I'msohappyI'msohappyI'msohappy, :dancing:

I think I'll stay at home in the morning the tickets go on sale, I HAVE to get them. God this news made my day...

:combust: Me too....I can't wait....this will be my third Muse Experience this year....Oh Yeah!!! :combust:

Woah, shit. Dates? This time, I plan to make it. I'm still pissed about being unable to see them in January.

Daniel (that is, bono_man2002), I could probably use some company ... *hint hint* :wink:

The Melbourne Show is Thursday 15th November.

I think I already have some company planned....unless I end up going GA...which I would just loooove to do!....I'll let you know...I also have to be able to get the next day off work at this stage.....I I think even if I have to drive 4 hours (2 down and 2 back) I'll still go.

Awesome, I can probably do that date. It'll be during exam period ... but I have just one exam and that can fall any time during a three week period. Any idea on ticket price?

No GA for me probably, but I really don't want to go alone. Besides you, I don't know anyone who'd want to see Muse.

Heh, my Mum wants to go as well! She is a Muse fan, at least a fan of the last two albums (she finds OOS a bit "noisy", as she puts it). I really wanted to get GA, but Mum absolutely ruled it out and it's not often that I get a chance to go to a concert with someone - none of my friends are much into live music and 99% of the time I just go by myself. So it will be a seat I think... unless I get really greedy and get GA for another city.

And wow, I really didn't expect them to upgrade to Rod Laver Arena! I mean, I don't think I've heard any Muse on the radio in the last year or so besides Triple J.

Last edited:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lSFXfbHUnik
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J5sIGwvCeZk
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8iqwiztmwVU
:drool: thank you youtuber chizipu2... :hmm:

guys I think Muse might be the best band in the world :drool: Lollapalooza was incredible; I'm not sure if I've ever exerted that much energy at a concert...I suppose when I had GA for U2 in Cleveland but I mean I was rocking the fuck out to Muse. They are so fucking good live, both musically and visually. and while matt bellamy is kinda weird looking, when he is on stage all sweaty and rocking out...oh my gaawd :drool: i want his body. and all his guitars. and the piano.

great setlist btw... they played Sunburn! I was so fucking stoked! Also didn't expect Apocalypse Please. Don't know if that's a standard in their sets or not, but for me it was a nice surprise. There is something quite moving about thousands of people simultaneously singing "THIS IIIIIIIIIIIIIIS THE EEEEEEEEEEND OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD"

amazing, amazing show. i cant describe how much i loved it enough. I even enjoyed Invincible, which is a song I don't normally listen to, but now I like it. Muse has won me over completely. and all things considered I was pretty close...I wasn't right up front or anything but I was really close to the screen and I could see the band and clearly tell who's who and everything. Pretty amazing when you see how huge the crowd was. but still i must see them again and be right in front :drool:

t8thgr8 said:
sounds like new material theyre teasing them with. sounds rock/ bluesy

uh no they were playing a rage against the machine riff

altered slightly but yea

man Rage and Muse are playing at the same festival (Vegoose). i would kill orphans with basketballs to see that show :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom