Movie Name Game #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I quite agree with essays ... so-ooo boring !! :yawn:
They're kinda like high school with oral reports ... that was the fear with me. I hated having to recite my essay to the entire class !! :ohmy:

But, to qualify yourself for employment ... I'd do anything with the
training requirements to a job title I was interested in obtaining.
If it was worth it ... I'd definitely go after the opportunity to better myself further. Right now at my employment ... I'm at the top of the ladder, so-to-speak, no more climbing to do, except take my boss' title when she leaves ... which I don't think will happen anytime soon, she'll probably die at the place before she would leave !! :lol:

All The President's Men

MsMofo - The Boss

It has a ring to it Msmofo! I could "sort her out" if you like :grumpy:

:wink:

Nine Queens

:lol: You're so-ooo looking out for me too. :hug:
But honestly it's okay, I hope someday I'll be running the place ... but, I can wait til then. And besides, they may NOT be able to afford me in that position when the time comes ... so maybe someone else might get placed there instead because they make alot less money. I'm actually the one with the most seniority and highest pay margin since I've been with them for so-ooo long. :wink:

The Sound Of Music

Well, the offer stands...:grumpy:

I can't imagine being in charge of others - I am not a natural leader and I am happy to admit that! It sounds like you know that place better than anyone else there though, but at least if your not classed as boss then the ultimate responsibility doesn't fall with you for things!

Carry on Camping

Well, that's NOT what my boss thinks ... as I am responsible for everything I do in the place (according to her). As I do alot more than she does !! :lol:
Also the 'end of month' sale reports is totally my responsibility.
If those aren't completed correctly, then the company would NOT know if they were making any money so-to-speak !! These reports are sometimes lighter than usual, sometimes heavy ... it depends on how many accounts and tvl. agencies purchase material from us for their clients. If travelling is busy ... then we are swamped, if NOT ... then we are slow. Talk about a rat race ... when Sept. 11th happened we thought our place was gonna shut down.
Luckily, it has survived !! :bow:

Gone Fishing

Ms Mofo - your jobs sounds very responsible. What does the business do? It sounds like Sept. 11th had far reaching effects in the States.

Grease

I work in the warehouse industry for a tvl. distribution company. We supply tvl. literature (brochures, posters, pamphlets, magazines) and promotional items (shirts, keychains, mugs, picture frames pens etc.) The literature is supplied to Tvl. Agencies around the world and the promo items are primarilly for the accts. who have trade shows to promote their way of travel.
Amtrak (who promotes train tvl) and several airlines (who promote fly tvl) are some of the accounts we deal with. When Sept. 11th happened we were in this "no flying zone" predicament. There was no planes (fly tvl) for about 3 weeks until the govt. had things back under control.

The Enforcer

Ah, now I understand how it affected your company so much. As an aside it is hard to believe that it was 4 years ago - I remember when it happened as if it was yesterday..

Rear Window

^Yeah. It was on TV constantly that day and for the weeks that followed. I remember being at work and everyone was watching the TV. Someone said there had been terrorist attacks in NY, but when I saw the TV I wasn't expecting it to be like that.:sad:

Brassed Off

MsMofo - do you have audioscrobble?

I don't think anyone would expect to see that kinda threat happening. But, I guess it just proves that some things can't be protected ... no matter how hard you try ... just hopefully a lesson learned for our govt. where it WON'T happen again. Audioscrobble ?? I don't know ... what is it ?? :shrug:

The Fly

It is an interent site which display info about what music you listen to on your PC. You can link with other people and see what they are listening too. Just wondering if you had it. There is a thread about it on pg2 of B&C.

Young Frankenstein

No, I don't have it !! I sometimes play music from my PC ... usually a mixture of songs I burned on a CD. But, often times I just play some cassettes or LPs on my good ol' reliable Kenmore system.
The turntable still works even now ... after 15 years since I bought it new. :shocked:

Near Dark

Cool! I use an old fashioned CD/tape player also, but it is in another room from my PC!

I have posted a pic of myself in Lemonade stand by the way MsMofo!No you can see what i look like!

Kill Bill

Nice pic Tilli ... although, I don't know which 'right' you were referring to ... 'in the picture' or 'looking at the picture' ?

Last Of The Mohicans

Oh heck! I mean right as you are looking at it - I have the black t-shirt with the spotty pattern around the top!

Seven Samurai

My mates from uni.:cool:

The Terminator

They are on the same course as me. I used to live with the girl in the middle of the picture last year. They now both house share as I have moved back home with my parents until I finish. They are really good friends of mine :up:

Mad Max

So they are trying to finish their presentation/essay too then ??
Well, at least you're not alone !! :wink:
I am so-ooo disappointed as Discotheque is losing to
A Sort Of Homecoming in the Heal/Hurt game in EYKIW ... :sad:

Xanadu

MSMofo - How do you play that - I couldn't understand it the last time I looked! Discotheque is:drool:

Unforgiven

I'm glad you asked !! All you have to do is look at the previous post and heal a song (by adding one point to it) then hurt a different song as well (by minusing a point from it) and you can't have consecutive posts ... it must be between other posts AND one post per 5 minutes !! That's easy, isn't it ?? :wink:

Night Of The Comet

Yup - thanks for explaining it too me! I will have a go....

To Catch a Thief

You were Great, Tilli !! :up:
Helping to save the day for Discotheque!! :applaud:
Now remember every 5 minutes you can post again ... it will be in between other posts, since other people are playing. Discotheque can NOT die !! :love:

Fargo

I will not let it die. But Acrobat might:sad:

Out of Sight

But Acobat should not go - I prefer it to the other two:sad:

Hitch

I can see it will be a fight now for Discotheque since it won this competition last time. The same people are on the thread trying to destroy it ... :sad:

Hannibal

Tilli to the rescue...;)

Last Samurai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom