Most dissapointing albums.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no disk said:

Stone Roses - 'Second Coming'
Stereolab - 'Everything after Dots and Loops'
Pearl Jam - 'Been slacking for a while, so anything after Vitology'
Doves - 'Last Broadcast'
Hot Hot Heat - 'Make up the Breakdown'

agreed.......:|

Nice avatar, betty. Kinda looks like the kid from Mad magazine, but I fear that is just wishful thinking on my part.

U2- ATYCLB
Moby - 18
Ryan Adams- Demolition
REM- Reveal
Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack- i want 30 bucks back!
Placebo- Black Market Music, a very disappointing followup to the brilliant 'Without You Im Nothing' at least the album after BMM "Sleeping With Ghosts" has made sure we forgot BMM in a hurry

i actually liked REM Monster, ok it was the followup to Automatic for the People, but it was a lot more guitar driven, and stipe's voice was more distorted, the last 3 (NAIHF, Up and Reveal) havent been all that good

I've got two that I was so looking forward to:

peter gabriel: up
should've named it: crap
and it took 10 years for this?

pearl jam: riot act
apart from "thumbing my way", it sounds like they rolled outta bed with a hangover and recorded this album in 3 hours, with the concept of using generic punk riffs as "important" to the music.

as a pearl jam fan who likes no code the best, i don't think they've been slacking since vitology

but i was a little dissapointed in riot act. it's good, but i think i got too caught up in the hype, as in counting down days til it came out from about 2 months before :shifty:

jkayet said:
You mean the album that is yet to be released?? Have you just heard the new songs live? :eek: :confused: :hyper:

Doh! I meant Idlewild, not Starsailor. For some reason, I confuse these two bands, and i've never even heard Starsailor...

I am also quite disappointed in:

PJ Harvey - Is this Desire?
Beck - Sea Change
Leonard Cohen - 10 New Songs
Chili Peppers - By the Way
Massive Attack - 1000th Window
Depeche Mode - Exciter

I waited until I saw Interpol in concert to get into them (cos my boyfriend was playing them all the live long day, LOL!).. they were interesting live.

Upon playing the album, I concluded that it was a good debut, but emotionally pretty cold and removed. Although I will say that "NYC" is quite the stunner.

the newest white stripes album. actually, the white stripes in general dissapoint me.

Riot Act so doesn't sound like a hangover and I beg you to listen a little closer, it is not filled with generic punk riffs...but hey we're entitled to our opinions....and about the "slacking" comment after Vitalogy...have we not heard No Code? Yield? Binaural was sort of a weak album...bad production on it...but aside from that....wow. They haven't been slacking. It's called maturing. Don't expect another Ten or Vs...because you're not going to get it. Grunge is so yesterday.
Now with that said...
Jesse Malin...yes I got his album...and well :barf: Catfights sound better than this guy. Terrible voice. I cannot bear it....the music is not so bad but his voice ruins it for me. Sorry to offend any of his fans here because I know there are many...but I just find it utter crap.
Ryan Adams(the latest). It's funny...at first I liked it...but now I don't. Now *that* is generic to me. No significant changes in sound. It just bores me to the tits. Once again, sorry if I offend...
Coldplay...Rush of Blood....to me, it's a pretentious rip off of a mix of Radiohead and U2. And a bad go at it too. Aside from Politik(which I think is their best song), the album is one long yawn.
That's it...no other gripes here....oh and I agree about the Exciter Depeche Mode album. Not anywhere near their best.
*waits to be pelted by the Malin, Adams and Coldplay fans*
:reject:

*pelts mmmbono about coldplay comments and then takes it back after being reminded of the pearl jam comments*

<--confused :huh: i can't tell if i want to hug you or kick your ass

IWasBored said:
*pelts mmmbono about coldplay comments and then takes it back after being reminded of the pearl jam comments*

<--confused :huh: i can't tell if i want to hug you or kick your ass
Oh please please make it a hug :drool: :hyper::drool:
I'm sorry...but I just preferred to be honest....I know there's tons of Coldplay, Jesse Malin, and Ryan Adams fans here...and the last thing I want to do is fight with people. I'm all about love, baby, love.
I believe in giving any album a chance. Multiple listens, etc...and Coldplay just bored me. It just wasn't as innovative as it was hyped to be. They borrow alot from U2 and Radiohead and then get sunshine blown up their ass. But I'll stop my criticisms there...because Politik makes up for all the shortcomings on that album. Politik is truly a masterpeice.
:hug:I WAS BORED :kiss:

I've never thought of Coldplay as innovative, and haven't seen them touted as such. They're just good at what they do.

i'm going to second idlewild first off

now list:

beatles: let it be - let's face it, the album sucked, especially being released AFTER abbey road

the dandy warhols: thirteen tales from urban bohemia

violent femmes: freak magnet. some standouts, but not too great

mmmBono said:

Oh please please make it a hug :drool: :hyper::drool:
I'm sorry...but I just preferred to be honest....I know there's tons of Coldplay, Jesse Malin, and Ryan Adams fans here...and the last thing I want to do is fight with people. I'm all about love, baby, love.
I believe in giving any album a chance. Multiple listens, etc...and Coldplay just bored me. It just wasn't as innovative as it was hyped to be. They borrow alot from U2 and Radiohead and then get sunshine blown up their ass. But I'll stop my criticisms there...because Politik makes up for all the shortcomings on that album. Politik is truly a masterpeice.
:hug:I WAS BORED :kiss:

:hug:

Do you know that seven or eight years ago people said Radiohead sounded like U2? Nobody says that anymore. And so for Coldplay, give them time. They have an identity which can only grow as long as they don't screw up.

Back
Top Bottom