MLB 2K5 Down the Stretch Edition - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #91
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zumanity42

1: i sense hate for my sox in this message- don't hate the playas, hate the game.

2: 4 games back & counting....
it is September, right?

so sad
1. while i do hate the red sox, it has nothing to do with my response here. i hate the yankees, too. i was actually giving the red sox credit for consistantly plugging jeter for hanging over the plate, while calling joe torre a pussy for not using the same tactics against ortiz.

2. who cares? division titles have been rendered meaningless in the age of the wild card world series champion.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:41 PM   #92
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Watching the end of the Mets/Braves game last night on the deuce, I had one thought:
Why didn't Tom Glavine grab a bat after Willie Randolph finally got his head out of his ass and yanked Braden "Knock me for a" Looper and beat Looper senseless?

Headache, Numb1075 and all the other Mets fans...my wallet feels your pain this morning. You'll never make the playoffs while that schlub is at the back end of your bullpen.

we're now at the point where we need to win minimum 3 out or 4 games in St. Louis to stay in the race...

football starts tonight, doesn't it?

Old 09-08-2005, 04:15 PM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life

so, next year, the Mess need a closer, a 1B, and a 2B.....anything else Headache?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075
so, next year, the Mess need a closer, a 1B, and a 2B.....anything else Headache?
You'll be getting Manny next year. Have him play 1B.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life

that could be disasterous.....he isn't exactly a gold glove caliber LF...lord only knows what the transition to 1B would be like....uh, Mike Pizza at 1B ring a bell?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:50 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

He isn't exactly light as a ballerina on his feet (cf. Game 1 of the 2004 World Series). I'm imagining him running to the bag to finish a 3-6-3 double play, and it isn't pretty.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

gracefullness will not enter that picture
Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #98
War Child

Local Time: 11:06 PM
mets need a closer and first basemen and a catcher. Castro might not be the long term answer. I dont see him as anything beyond a backup. I think Mat-booi still has a year left on his contract and it would be hard to move him. He has looked better there of late. So unless you package some trade with matsui as a pity take and eat some of his salary that could be tough.

I love my mets to death but they are killing me of late.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

I'd like to thank the Devil Rays for sucking against us and becoming the best team in the world against the Yankees.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Carpenter = Cy Young
Pujols = MVP
Old 09-09-2005, 03:10 AM   #101
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:06 PM
Are there any other Bosox haters besides me that think that the sox have more of a home field advantage than most teams?

Watching the Angels/Sox games every season, I swear to god the umps must be getting um, special favors from some of the sox players. Wednesday it's the blown call on Ortiz's "check swing" and Thursday it's Cabrera's tag-up.

F the Bosox.

Interestingly, Mike Scioscia has been ejected 3 times this season and all 3 times were at, uh huh, you guessed it...........................Fenway.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:21 AM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
Carpenter = Cy Young
Pujols = MVP
Whil I'll agree Carpenter will be Cy Young. (He can thank the Astros' lineup for scoring a total of 27 runs in Roger Clemens' starts this season), Andruw Jones will easily be the NL MVP.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:23 AM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler
Are there any other Bosox haters besides me that think that the sox have more of a home field advantage than most teams?

Watching the Angels/Sox games every season, I swear to god the umps must be getting um, special favors from some of the sox players. Wednesday it's the blown call on Ortiz's "check swing" and Thursday it's Cabrera's tag-up.

F the Bosox.

Interestingly, Mike Scioscia has been ejected 3 times this season and all 3 times were at, uh huh, you guessed it...........................Fenway.
Wah wah wah wah wah

Old 09-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #104
Blue Crack Distributor

mike scioscia tried to fight frank robinson... F him.

all great teams in all sports get an extra edge at home... even if it's not done on purpose, it just seems like it is... be it the red sox, the yankees of the late 90s, the chicago bulls, the patriots, etc. etc. etc. if you're good enough you get calls. it may be annoying, but it's a fact of life in all sports. and if/when your team is considered to be a great team, you'll get a few breaks at home, too.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
Carpenter = Cy Young
Pujols = MVP
poo-holes is an absolute beast. i rarely actually sit down to watch an entire cardinals game because, well, i don't give a crap about the cardinals... but watchin' him last night was a thing of beauty.

as for the muts...

they need a second baseman and a first baseman. a new catcher is optional. mike piazza spoiled met fans... catcher's normally don't put up those kind of numbers. they normally put up ramon castro type numbers. so if they can find an upgrade at catcher, fine... if not, i'm more than happy with castro starting and mike jacobs, who despite the fact that he's been playing first base since being called up is actually a catcher, backing him up.

i would consider trading cliff floyd if you can get something of value for him. his value is never going to be this high again for the rest of his career.

the mets need a bonefied #3 hitter... be it an outfielder, a firstbaseman or soriano (the only 2nd baseman capable of hitting third, really). carlos beltran is NOT a #3 hitter... he's a #2 guy. let him hit 2nd with a legit #3 behind him and you will see why people raved about beltran for all these years. he's not a guy who's gonna put a team on his back and cary them. to me, he's bernie williams with better speed. he's a guy who needs to hit line drives, go with the pitch, hit it to all fields, hit and run, bunt every now and then, and hit 20-25 homers on accident... pitches that he was just trying to drive into the gap but got enough of to send them out. that's not what you want from your #3 guy, but it's perfect for a #2. the entire season he's been trying to hit homeruns... 80% of his hits this season have been pulled. that is not carlos beltran. that is someone trying to be something that he is not. now that the mets are baisicly out of it, i'm really hoping willie takes a chance and just moves beltran to the 2 spot and lets david wright bat third. i've been begging for it since may... maybe i'll get my wish now that there's baisicly nothing left to play for. and on a side note, i still agree with the signing of beltran despite his horrific year. they just need to use him correctly. the mets were like the clippers... the only way to get a big name free agent to pick them over the yankees was to over-pay... so that's what they did. with the new network... the "metwork," if you will... starting next season, they've got plenty of cash to go around.

the mets need a closer. braiden looper has proven that he's not a bonefied closer. he lost his closer job in florida to ugey, and he's been horrific this year. i wouldn't mind keeping him as a setup guy... despite what it seems like, he's not that bad... he's just not a closer. i'd like to see them try and pry billy wagner from the phillies... would improve your closer immediately while at the same time huring a divisional rival.

i'd also like to see them go try and get another front line pitcher. we've got so many arms, but only one ace, and he's getting up there. if a good young pitcher between the age of 25-30 becomes available, via trade or otherwise, they should make every effort to get him.

if the red sox call about manny again, and the mets pass on him again, i will personaly go down and smack fred wilpon in the face with a rubber hose.

the mets are close, but still have some gaping holes that need to be filled. they need to make every effort to fill those gaps in this offseason. the misnomar that many met fans believe is that things are only going to get better because we have so many good young players/prospects... wright, reyes, diaz, lasting milledge, pettite, etc. etc. this is true, but franklly... who cares... atlanta has 10+ rookies on their team this year and they're leading the division. florida is filled with young stud pitchers, and have a 24 year old outfielder in cabrera who's only begining to scratch the surface of his potential. philadelphia has a ton of young studs comming up as well... chase utley is turing into one of the best second baseman in baseball, ryan howard is a beast (which means they can trade thome for some pitching help), and they have a few good young pitching prospects... and we all know that the expos/nationals have always produced good prospects, and now they can actually keep them. it's not going to get easier for the mets... they have a chance, they're not that far away, but they need to make another big splash now and not just think that the young guys are going to make the difference... because every team in the division is stacked with young talent.