MLB 2014-15: It's Time for the HOT STOVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical headache. Let's latch on to one little thing, put false words into mouths, and ignore things.

They're an above average team in a shitty and inconsistent division that gets hot and/or faces teams when they get cold. Regression. They're not a dynasty. A dynasty is a much better team than the Giants.

Either way, why should anyone care that I dislike the Giants and say "fuck the Giants!"? I'd do the same for the Cardinals, Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, or Braves if they won the World Series as well.

I guess they just had a few big bats.

We could have days of fun with his denial. Let's switch gears and talk about America's favorite PED user returning. Yippy!

You almost had an out when he nearly got trampled by the Cowboys.

Alas... enjoy that one. I'm looking forward to his return, as it'll allow the Mets to slide under the radar in April.

I'm expecting the Mets to be an average team that gets lucky next year, so I'm already planning the parade, as apparently that's all it takes to win these days.

That and good LSATs.

Typical headache is typical. Shouldn't expect more.

:up:

I irrationally hate a lot it teams as well, but your attempts to write off three world series wins in five years just looks Hella jealous.

Appears we're both being fairly typical.

I never expect more from you, so I guess that's what sets us apart.

Have I mentioned that I am stupidly excited about Maddon... I just know it means this season is doomed from the start, because my very, very tempered expectations have finally been raised.

Gee that one sure fell right in your lap didn't it.

Maddon should do great there.

Exactly. Instead of hoping the Yankees get better, I'm just hoping the other teams in their division get worse. :wink:

I've always enjoyed watching Maddon manage. I always got a kick out of when he had his theme road trips and had the players dress up in wacky costumes. He makes the game more fun.

I irrationally hate a lot it teams as well, but your attempts to write off three world series wins in five years just looks Hella jealous.

What do I have to be jealous of? That a slightly better than mediocre team barely made the playoffs and then rode Bumgarner hard into a trio of teams that got super cold and then barely eeked past the Royals? That a team can go from 76 wins to a World Series win and be called a Dynasty? That a playoff crapshoot consists of a world title because of small sample sizes?

I just really fucking hate the Giants and Cardinals and the rest of the National League for not knocking those two teams on their asses. It's boring to watch two franchises I dislike roll over the rest of the league in the post season while not playing particularly great baseball over 162 games.

So I guess if that makes me "Hella jealous", that's that. But really this has nothing at all to do with the teams I root for. So jealous is the wrong word.

Playoffs are a crapshoot of small amounts of small samples.

:up:

Appears we're both being fairly typical.

I never expect more from you, so I guess that's what sets us apart.

Well okay. Whatever you say dude. You obviously know best or something. Enjoy your free-throws under pressure. Even though you're going to miss. Just sayin.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

One could argue "typical' tourist. The Giants might have averaged 91.3 wins in their last 3 WS title seasons, but once they qualified for the playoffs they showed that they were a championship caliber team. There's been plenty of great regular season teams (look at the Angels this season) who flopped in the playoffs. The Giants are built for the playoffs. If they can make it through the regular season and qualify for the playoffs, it's a whole new season for them. The Yankees won 87 games in 2000, but won the WS. Why? Because they were a team that took it to the next level once the postseason started. Just like these Giants. The challenge for them will be repeating as champions. They seem to drop off in odd numbered years.

:blahblah:

One could argue "typical' tourist. The Giants might have averaged 91.3 wins in their last 3 WS title seasons, but once they qualified for the playoffs they showed that they were a championship caliber team. There's been plenty of great regular season teams (look at the Angels this season) who flopped in the playoffs. The Giants are built for the playoffs. If they can make it through the regular season and qualify for the playoffs, it's a whole new season for them. The Yankees won 87 games in 2000, but won the WS. Why? Because they were a team that took it to the next level once the postseason started. Just like these Giants. The challenge for them will be repeating as champions. They seem to drop off in odd numbered years.

So why should a DYNASTY have drop off years? Why should a DYNASTY have to have a team built for the playoffs only? Why should a DYNASTY have trouble winning a division?

And how is me saying "Fuck the Giants!" this "typical' tourist? Is it typical of me to say "fuck [insert WS winner team name]" every year? Go check. Cuz I'm fairly certain I never have.

:blahblah:

So why should a DYNASTY have drop off years? Why should a DYNASTY have to have a team built for the playoffs only? Why should a DYNASTY have trouble winning a division?

And how is me saying "Fuck the Giants!" this "typical' tourist? Is it typical of me to say "fuck [insert WS winner team name]" every year? Go check. Cuz I'm fairly certain I never have.

I quoted your "What the fuck are you talking about?" comment. You have posed that question various times in the past. Not exactly a diplomatic question. A DYNASTY can have drop off years because it is pretty hard to win a WS title. They have managed to do so 3 out of the last 5 seasons. Pretty impressive in my book.

No, Justin Smoak will not blossom away from Safeco Field.

B1DvzncIcAEjZAq.jpg

No chance. He would have been dead to rights.

I thought he'd score when I saw the ball get bobbled, but when they showed Gordon he had no chance to score.

I dunno if he's slow or just didn't get off to a great jump.
Apparently he didn't bust it out of the box thinking that the ball was either going to be caught or played cleanly on a hop and just a single. Heard on the radio that some folks analyzed the time it took him to reach 3rd on all his triples and last night and last night was a full second slower than his normal triple, speculation is if he was humpin' it right out of the box he''d have been sent and we'd have had a close play at the plate.

I think it's being overstated how much that made a difference, but a legitimate play at the plate there would have been fucking outstanding to watch.

Either way, the Royals' approach at the plate was awful and they were lucky to even get one hit off of Bumgarner there. It's a real shame that Gordon slowed up some instead of going full bore for home.

I don't like the Giants because they talked trash about the Nats and, unfortunately, were able to back it up. It's an odd year next season, so it's our turn. :up:

Baseball is supposed to be secular, let's hope Manfred does the right thing and ends.the practice of the awful God Bless America being sung at ballgames.

Jack Zduriencik, Michael Saunders is your best outfielder, don't trade him.

BylaygxIIAARExR.jpg

I quoted your "What the fuck are you talking about?" comment. You have posed that question various times in the past. Not exactly a diplomatic question. A DYNASTY can have drop off years because it is pretty hard to win a WS title. They have managed to do so 3 out of the last 5 seasons. Pretty impressive in my book.

Find one quote of me saying that to anyone else besides the one time I posted it to you. Pretty sure that was a first. So how is it "typical' tourist? You keep dodging. Never quite actually responding.

But back on topic, how does a DYNASTY have a brutal year in the middle of a DYNASTY? Obviously winning the World Series is hard, because getting to the playoffs is hard, and the Giants have not gotten to the playoffs in consecutive years during this so-called DYNASTY.

The Cardinals are the real dynasty because of their World Series titles while not really letting up during the years they aren't winning it. And I hate the Cardinals too, so I'm not just saying screw this dynasty mumbo jumbo solely based on the Giants having just won the World Series. They were garbage last year. Dynasties do not have absolute garbage years unless there are a bunch of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom