MLB 2009 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purple Lips getting a ring smarts just as badly.

What are the odds NSW comes back after this?

Hold on, the Yankees fans would like to remind you that they're spending less this year than last year before you make another comment about the money! Only $208 million!

Shut up, Peef. It went down. Give them a break. Now they're only $63 million over second place. Come on!

Purple Lips, Jeter, and Teixeria make more combined than 14 teams' entire payroll, including my beloved Texas Rangers.

I still maintain that what the Yankees are doing is bad for baseball, doubly so if they win a championship because of it.

I think the bigger argument to be made is how many players they bought after they were well established. The Phils lineup:

Rollins - Organization
Victorino - Rule 5 Draft
Utley - Organization
Howard - Organization
Werth - Signed to small deal after missing two years with injury
Ibanez - Free Agent Signing
Feliz - Signed to moderate deal
Ruiz - Organization

Ibanez is the only guy who got signed to a big deal like you would see with the Yanks.

Well, obviously. Their dearth of homegrown talent is why people hate them so much. It's just picking and choosing an All Star team. And it definitely proves what a fucking sellout Damon is. No organization could be further from the whole "idiots" thing he started in Boston.

this game makes me think about what i would do if i won Powerball. that's a lot of money. i'd probably buy a World Series title.

Whichever asshole Yankee fan is blowing that fucking whistle keeps making me think there's going to be a stoppage in play. I watch too much football.

I thought it was a "CA CHING!" chant.

So now NSW has championships by the Steelers and the Yankees going for him. Sources say he's very happy about the Lakers' chances of repeating as well.

I thought it was a "CA CHING!" chant.

So now NSW has championships by the Steelers and the Yankees going for him. Sources say he's very happy about the Lakers' chances of repeating as well.

where the hell has NSW been? that ass.

He left indefinitely again. Maybe avoiding spoilers for next year's tour. Maybe not.

I'll say this; despite being a hired gun, I always liked Matsui, and am glad the guy won the MVP over someone like A-Rod.

You'd think he'd know a little English after being there for so long. At least let the guy take the mic to say "arigato!" to everyone in his own voice.

Wow, I didn't know Rivera has a personality. His joke about staying five more years just gave the rest of the league an aneurysm.

Are Buck and McCarver on the Yankees payroll? Cheerleaders get paid, right?

Hold on, the Yankees fans would like to remind you that they're spending less this year than last year before you make another comment about the money! Only $208 million!

Eh, what are the Yankees supposed to do, tell their fans not to buy so much merchandise?

1660445.jpg

Cool, well done New York, on winning the "world" series, looked pretty exciting.....

What ana amazing league, from an Aussie standpoint, they play like 150 games a season, extraordinary, and damn some of those baseball stadiums looks awesome. Fenway blew my mind when I toured there...

Manuel has got to be the worst manager of a good team I've seen in quite some time. Fucking bumpkin moron.

Say since 2003...
grady_little.jpg

So Godzilla has now destroyed Tokyo, Philadelphia and a Mango Tree in the Dominican Republic.
Congrats Yanks. Definitely the best team this year, regardless of how it was assembled.
Time for Rivera to retire.

I think the bigger argument to be made is how many players they bought after they were well established. The Phils lineup:

Rollins - Organization
Victorino - Rule 5 Draft
Utley - Organization
Howard - Organization
Werth - Signed to small deal after missing two years with injury
Ibanez - Free Agent Signing
Feliz - Signed to moderate deal
Ruiz - Organization

Ibanez is the only guy who got signed to a big deal like you would see with the Yanks.

jeter - organization
rivera - organization
posada - organization
cano - organization
pettie - organization (and free agent i guess)
chamberlain - organization
hughes - organization
gardner - organization
cabrera - organization
a-rod - traded a bonefied, young all star in soriano to get him, soriano was a yankee farm product

so the catcher, second baseman, shortstop, centerfielder, god-like closer, most of the key figures in the bullpen, and the winning pitcher in game 6 are all yankee farm system products.

and two of their three big time free agent signings from this past year, burnett and texiera, sucked in the world series... as did ole' purple lips.

since 2000 as all sorts of small market, low budget teams made, and even won, the world series, the yankee haters were all "oooooh look see!!! you can't buy a championship, fuckers!!!" and then when they win one again they're all "well of course they won, look how much money they spent... fuckers!!!"

honestly... i know you're pissed, and i feel ya. but the yankees don't break any rules in what they do, and fact is that a significant chunk of the key players on this and every yankee championship team since the mid 90's were home-grown talent.

don't hate the playa, hate the game.

note... i still hate both teams and managed to watch just 5 pitches of the entire world series... but am quite happy the yankees won 'cause all their idiot fans were out celebrating all night while i slept soundly, and they got up late so traffic was non existant and i flew in to work :hi5:

No one said they break any rules. More people would say the rules have been built around them.

jeter - organization
rivera - organization
posada - organization
cano - organization
pettie - organization (and free agent i guess)
chamberlain - organization
hughes - organization
gardner - organization
cabrera - organization
a-rod - traded a bonefied, young all star in soriano to get him, soriano was a yankee farm product

so the catcher, second baseman, shortstop, centerfielder, god-like closer, most of the key figures in the bullpen, and the winning pitcher in game 6 are all yankee farm system products.

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom