MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If this show gets any better I may have to start drinking heavily before each episode to prevent total freak-out.

And I knew that he wasn't going to take Widmore out right there, for some reason. Why he can't, or won't, is just another mystery to throw on the pile.

lazarus said:

And I knew that he wasn't going to take Widmore out right there, for some reason. Why he can't, or won't, is just another mystery to throw on the pile.

That last scene.......I don't even know what to say.

It's almost as if nearly every Lost theory I've read over the last year or two (and that is quite a few) just got thrown into the stratosphere.

What the fuck are "the rules of the game" and what does that even mean?

Cold hearted Alex death. But that's awesome shit right there.
That's the only way to do it.

Ben controls the smoke monster=HUGE.

Claire and Sawyer need to have a good bang before it's done.

Lancemc said:
Oh, and I read something from Matthew Fox today. He said by the end of THIS season, the "present" timeline of the show is going to be completely caught up with the flash-forwards.

So....yeah. That's how that's gonna work.

Where did you read this? If true, this would obviously be what laz is talking about, but the flash foward tonight was one year ahead of present day (or a bit less now). Considering that they've only been on the island, in real time, for so many days, I find it hard to believe that we get through an entire year by the end of the season.

So I'd be interested in that article...

lazarus said:
If this show gets any better I may have to start drinking heavily before each episode to prevent total freak-out.

Yes. Holy shit, I don't think there's ever been a show that's as filled with tension and drama for 40 solid minutes the way this one is.

The scene where Ben got Sayid on board to 'go to war' with Widmore, Ben totally manipulated him. It was a thing of beauty. :drool:

As for the episode, yes, what a hell of a final scene.

Curious about the preview, though. It appeared that the monster, or whatever the hell it is now, killed all the commandos, yet we see the lead commando in the preview. Interesting that he's still alive...

Oh yeah, I missed about 5 seconds after one commercial break, the one where Ben appeared in the desert. Did I miss anything? Did the scene just open with him there? It looked like he was getting up off the ground or something.

I N M E M O R Y :

Tania_Raymonde2.jpg
Alex_Linus.png

snap25om.jpg

alexvv1.jpg

Thanks, phanan and RB.

Wow, she IS gorgeous. I'll miss her batshit crazy mother more, though. I was hoping last episode was a fake-out, and we'd see Rousseau getting up off the ground, injured but okay. :sad:

lazarus said:
Well we still don't know 100% that she's dead, do we?

You're right, we don't. I was just trying to remember if they've ever left a character assumed dead, and then waited till longer than the next episode to reveal that they were alive. My mind's a blank. Anyone?

It would be slightly cheap unless they did it in this episode, but I can still hope. I feel like we were promised a Rousseau backstory by the producers and it never happened. We never fully saw her experience on the island, and that's kind of lame as it would have been one of the more interesting flashbacks.

The only character I can think of that "came back from the dead" is Mikhail, who appeared to have died by the perimeter fence that featured in tonight's episode.

lazarus said:
It would be slightly cheap unless they did it in this episode

Agreed. That's why I kind of gave up hope tonight. :(

I feel like we were promised a Rousseau backstory by the producers and it never happened. We never fully saw her experience on the island, and that's kind of lame as it would have been one of the more interesting flashbacks.

I posted this earlier in the thread, after the episode where she was shot:

I read very recently that there was supposed to be a [Rousseau] flashback this season, but due to the shortened season, it`s going to be in season 5 instead. Can`t remember where I read it, but I think the person said they heard it on one of the weekly podcasts from Lindelof and Cuse.

If that doesn't happen, I'm going to feel cheated.

I can't find the exact article now for some reason. I have a feeling it was on tvguide.com though.

Short article with a few snippets from Matthew Fox. Might have been on ign.com though. Bah. I forget.

Okay, I watched a recent Official Lost podcast, and Cuse/Lindeloff said we would learn about Rousseau's fate for sure at the begining of this Episode. So apparently, she is dead. But they did address the fact that they had promised that backstory, and said that just because someone might be dead doesn't mean they aren't showing up again.

So whose flashback would she be in? Richard Alpert's?

phanan said:

Where did you read this? If true, this would obviously be what laz is talking about, but the flash foward tonight was one year ahead of present day (or a bit less now). Considering that they've only been on the island, in real time, for so many days, I find it hard to believe that we get through an entire year by the end of the season.

So I'd be interested in that article...

It just occurred to me, I think I know what Lance is talking about. I've heard as well that the flash forwards are going to be caught up with the present by the end of this season too, but the thing you have to remember is that they have been running in reverse chronological order, meaning that Jack's at the end of last season was the furthest from present day (present day being currently on the island, I mean), and that Ben's from tonight would have been the most recent. So, subsequent ones during the rest of this season will catch us up - or back is more appropriate, I guess - to island time.

lazarus said:
Okay, I watched a recent Official Lost podcast, and Cuse/Lindeloff said we would learn about Rousseau's fate for sure at the begining of this Episode. So apparently, she is dead. But they did address the fact that they had promised that backstory, and said that just because someone might be dead doesn't mean they aren't showing up again.

Laz, >>Laz, are you sure you got the episode right? I just found something on Lostpedia saying that we'll know Rousseau's fate next episode, in episode 4-10. There's still hope! <<

Last edited:
lazarus said:

We will see her backstory to an extent.

In the same manner we saw how Michael got 'rescued'.

it won't answer all questions.

I don't really know but it looks more prescient if you skip a line in between sentences.

Balls in mouth.

God damn, if there is a better show on television tell me yesterday.

I like hot peanuts with beer.

Sawyer is the unsung hero of the whole crew.
I'd make out with him.

VintagePunk said:

The scene where Ben got Sayid on board to 'go to war' with Widmore, Ben totally manipulated him. It was a thing of beauty. :drool:
Anyone else think that maybe the Iraqi dude didn't kill Nadia, but Ben did and convinced Sayid Widmore's dude did it to "recruit" him?

VintagePunk said:

It just occurred to me, I think I know what Lance is talking about. I've heard as well that the flash forwards are going to be caught up with the present by the end of this season too, but the thing you have to remember is that they have been running in reverse chronological order, meaning that Jack's at the end of last season was the furthest from present day (present day being currently on the island, I mean), and that Ben's from tonight would have been the most recent. So, subsequent ones during the rest of this season will catch us up - or back is more appropriate, I guess - to island time.

Right, this flash forward seemed to be the most recent, and the date was October 25, 2005. That is over a year after the plane crashed on the island. Through last night, they've only been on the island for 97 days through four seasons. So that means we get through an entire year or so in the remaining episodes of this season?

Doesn't make sense, unless the flash forwards continue to get closer and closer to present day, which I guess could happen.

Of course, we know there is some sort of time thing going on here as well, so maybe that plays a part.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Oh my God that episode was insane.

I LOVE Ben with a pancake on his head :lol:, and those writers are so crazy that we might see that sometime soon-and it will be a critical clue to unlock the whole thing :wink:

Hewson said:
Anyone else think that maybe the Iraqi dude didn't kill Nadia, but Ben did and convinced Sayid Widmore's dude did it to "recruit" him?

Not necessarily that I thought it was Ben who killed her but yeah, as soon as he smiled I thought he might have lied.

Ben killing Nadia? That would be so hardcore...but it would be a nice setup for Sayid finally killing Ben at the end of the series.

About the flash-forwards catching up. I still maintain that next season is going to start with them arriving back on the mainland...I don't think the action is going to pick up right after Jack's airport scene. There's too much stuff that's happened since they've left, unless they're going to start flashbacks again. That would be REALLY confusing.

beegee said:

Not necessarily that I thought it was Ben who killed her but yeah, as soon as he smiled I thought he might have lied.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Ben was behind it.

I'm thinking the other guy there was working for Widmore, and perhaps he was there to recruit Sayid also.

Back
Top Bottom