Madonna -- The Re-Invention Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
I went last night, opening night, at the Forum in LA. OMG the show was so fantastic. It's visually stunning, has the most amazing stage I have ever seen (it drops and raises and rotates). Madonna looks and sounds and dances fantastically, and all live (take that Britney!). I so want to go again and am hoping to find a way in to either of next week's Anaheim shows. If you have tickets, you will have a fantastic time. If you're thinking about getting tickets, go!! You will not be disapointed.

She's coming to the Netherlands on 8 September (Arnhem). I'm kinda interested in seeing her. Unfortunately, she didn't came even near with her Drowned World Tour.
Tickets for Arnhem (the same stadium as U2 played on Elevation) go on sale on Saturday. Hopefully I can get some...

Yahoo! has pics from last night. And Madonna is going to be making another theatrical concert documentary, a la "Truth or Dare," so there were cameras all over the place filming the audience and such. Very cool!!

capt.sge.tlr20.250504182009.photo01.default-320x301.jpg

My current desktop (I so adore this woman!!!)
mdf576697.jpg

capt.canh10105250433.madonna_concert_canh101.jpg

Teletext on German TVs report that the reviews were positive, but lukewarm rather than ecstatic. Apparently they didn't like the parts were Madonna sings alone on stage, and she got mad and canceled a few shows ahead.

i'm see her at toronto 2 and i can't wait. it's my first time seeing her. i have loved her since i was a kid and before i became a big music fan in general.

it's going to be soooo amazing!!!!! :hyper:

The show looks brilliant. I am so sad that I'm a poor college student and can't afford the tickets and travel expense to see her in NYC.

I'm highly amused by Madonna's flawless self marketing. A few years ago she was all "I hate all my old songs! I will never sing them again! I'll die before I'll sing Material Girl!" And then she did the Drowned World Tour which was like 85% (at least) material from Ray of Light and Music so everyone was like "Oh, she really isn't doing her old music!" Then she comes back for this tour and is like "Surprise! I'm going to sing my old songs! And I'll make it sound like I'm doing all of you a favor by returning to my roots! And you'll be so thankful that you'll be forced to take out a mortage to buy tickets to my show! But you'll do it!" And the people did. Brillant. (p.s. those might be paraphrases, not so much direct quotes ;) )

Anyway, the set list...

The Beast Within (with that name, it should be a Justify My Love remix, but my friend who was there described it as a medley, what is the truth dsmith?
Vogue
Nobody Knows Me
Frozen
American Life
Express Yourself (my third favorite ever)
Burning Up
Material Girl
Hollywood
Hanky Panky (never saw this one coming)
Deeper and Deeper
Die Another Day
Lament (it's from Evita)
Bedtime Story (I heard this was more of an interlude, quite sad)
Nothing Fails
Don't Tell Me
Like A Prayer (my favorite ever!!! so glad she brought it back!)
Mother and Father
Imagine (I hated the idea of this after the disaster that was the American Pie cover, but I heard the mp3 and it's not bad)
Into the Groove
Papa Don't Preach
Crazy For You
Music
Holiday (my second favorite ever)

madonna's child said:
I'm highly amused by Madonna's flawless self marketing. A few years ago she was all "I hate all my old songs! I will never sing them again! I'll die before I'll sing Material Girl!" And then she did the Drowned World Tour which was like 85% (at least) material from Ray of Light and Music so everyone was like "Oh, she really isn't doing her old music!" Then she comes back for this tour and is like "Surprise! I'm going to sing my old songs! And I'll make it sound like I'm doing all of you a favor by returning to my roots! And you'll be so thankful that you'll be forced to take out a mortage to buy tickets to my show! But you'll do it!" And the people did. Brillant. (p.s. those might be paraphrases, not so much direct quotes ;) )

Sadly, I think this may have more to do with catering to the audience than Madonna's personal preference. It iritated me so much how little response the new songs got compared to the old, especially because they really are better. Don't get me wrong, I do love the old stuff, but lyrically, musically, vocally, the last three albums are completely superior. What was cool, though, was how Madonna changed up each of the songs, made it more exciting for herself and us.

The Beast Within (with that name, it should be a Justify My Love remix, but my friend who was there described it as a medley, what is the truth dsmith?

It was like a spoken word thing, taken from a passage in the Book of Revelations. This pre-recorded performance was accompanied by still photos and film, mostly from the W photo sessions with Madonna and the coyote. This really introduced the fabulous stage and screens that tilted and raised and lowered and turned. It was definitely the best stage I have ever seen.

The rest of the show was amazing. "Bedtime Story" was a little interlude between set-ups, a few dancers came out on trapezes and a new video for the song played. I'm not a big fan of this song so I didn't mind it being short, plus this made for a much briefer transition than she had on the Drowned World Tour, some of those interludes seemed to drag.

"Imagine" was so amazing, so subtle. I nearly cried, especially when John Lennon's pic came up (he's just such a force in my life).

I so need to go back!! Good news, though, the concert is supposed to be on CBS some time in the fall.

Mrs. Ritchie is now officially playing in Ireland. I would so love to go!!!

(From RTE)

Madonna gig is confirmed for Slane
It has been confirmed that Madonna will make her Irish debut with a show at Slane on Sunday 29 August, subject to licence.

The website of promoters MCD says that tickets, priced ?88.50, will go on sale on Friday 18 June at 8am from outlets nationwide and are limited to six per person.

A formal application to Meath County Council for a licence for the show was made in April.

Madonna has been receiving rave reviews for her 're-Invention World Tour 2004' and will also play a string of dates in England in August.

Back
Top Bottom