LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In case you didn't notice, in the flashback when Desmond first hears Charlie singing on the street, Charlie is singing Wonderwall. Specifically the line "maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me"

Excellent catch sindaddy, I didn't even notice that. Man, those writers are good.

trevster2k said:
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!

Much better episode tonight, I don't want to see those other 3 for the rest of the season. My bad, they are back next week. :madspit:

Ok, they still have me, as long as they maintain the quality.

A, regarding the questions, hmmm, more focus on this Dharma thing, the supernatural phenomena on the island, where are kidnapped tailies, some forward progress in the story, what has happened to Michael and Walt, why did the plane crash, there are probably more I just don't have time to expand.

I have similar question and I think some may be answered in the next episode. At least I hope they are. The previews to next week seem promising.

Here are my top 10 from last seasons I would like to get answers too.

Mine are:
1. Did the Losties plane crash on purpose?
2. How are the Losties all connected?
3. What is the Dharma Intiative, really?
4. What is up with the numbers? (hatch/Hurley)
5. What is up with the Black Rock?
6. Did Micheal and Walt really return home?
7. Why did the others take children, losties, tailes etc.?*
8. What are the purposes of the hatches?
9. Am I the only one disturbed by the four toes statue?
10.WTF is the black smoke?

*question may be answered next eppy.

Hope this is not the end for Charlie.
:uhoh:

Carmelu2fan said:

I have similar question and I think some may be answered in the next episode. At least I hope they are. The previews to next week seem promising.

Mine are:

I think the next question should be "will the ratings stop declining?"

Carmelu2fan said:

Mine are:

I stopped watching a few eps into Season 2 and according to this list I haven't really missed much :ohmy:

That was the best episode in a long time.

Desmond is a great character, he's probably the most interesting of anyone with the exception of Locke.

This show should end with Desmond and Locke in a man hug after they have killed everyone Rambo-UHF-Yankovic style.

Good to get back to some of the other cast members and their back stories. They killed off their most interesting character, and keep ignoring Locke, another very interesting character, though, and I'm wondering if they're ever gonna get 100% back on track.

Still, though, the last 2 weeks have been an improvement over the first batch of episodes, in my opinion.

Yes, but why was their plane flying over an island which no knows about, I remember they suggested that the last time that magnetic pulse hit was when the plane crashed. And I don't remember the same effect on the island during their book club reading like when Desmond hit the switch, that loud noise and white glow. And did that mean there were other active hatches with people punching in these mysterious numbers and someone slipped up?

Ok, the island killed Mr. Eko better be expanded upon at some point since this black fog has played a major part in the show along with the polar bears and whatever happened to the mysterious monster in the woods scaring people from entering the jungle.

'Lost' ratings hit all-time low

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "Lost" crashed in the ratings this week, hitting an all-time low for a new episode.

ABC's drama about plane crash survivors stranded on a mysterious island drew an estimated 12.8 million viewers Wednesday, according to preliminary figures from Nielsen Media Research. That's well off the peak of more than 20 million for the drama that became an instant sensation when it debuted in September 2004.

ABC has worked hard to try to protect a show that helped turn the network's fortunes around, moving it to 10 p.m. EST Wednesday this year to steer clear of Fox's blockbuster "American Idol" and CBS's increasingly strong "Criminal Minds."

After "Lost" fans complained about reruns interrupting the show's serial flow last season, the network tried an experiment: It split the current season in two, airing six episodes before an extended break and then resuming with 16 additional episodes.

The show's February 7 return was heavily promoted and drew nearly 14.5 million viewers. But the bounce didn't last, with the show slumping this week.

Although protected from top-rated "American Idol" in its new time 10 p.m. time slot, "Lost" now has the disadvantage of trying to draw viewers at an hour when fewer people are watching television. This Wednesday, Valentine's Day put a 7 percent dent in overall TV viewership.

In the show's defense, ABC noted that it beat the competition among the advertiser-favored young adult crowd, drawing 7.3 million viewers age 18 to 49 compared to the 5.8 million that tuned in to CBS' "CSI: New York."

"Lost" also handed ABC nearly 4 million more viewers in the time slot compared to last year, when short-lived drama "Invasion" aired, the network said.

But there's no question that "Lost," once riding big ratings, buzz and cachet, has lost significant ground.

Some fans and critics complain that the story has gotten confusing and unsatisfying. The show, named best drama at the 2005 Emmy Awards, was shut out at the 2006 ceremony.

I hate that they move it to 10 p.m. I know they moved it to avoid competition with American Idol, but I'm one of those people that don't watch tv past 10 on weeknights :reject:. I've been taping it, but it isn't the same because I'm horrible at avoiding spoilers of what happened the night before.

Having a 5 AM weekday reveille, I'm no fan of the switch to 10PM.
I came perilously close to nodding off last week during the Juliet episode.
This week the urge to nod off was surpressed by Mountain Dew and Brigham's Fluffernutter ice cream :drool: . Having that as a 10PM snack will be good for the waistline.

grabbed it from EW.com

CUSE: The connection between the Others and Dharma gets revealed in episode 11.

CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in [the Feb. 7 episode], one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.

CUSE: We will be visiting another Dharma station soon. But the map becomes less important, because when they visit this new station, they'll be getting some new information that helps them understand where the Dharma people lived and where their stations are.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2001...0.html?cnn=yes

Not worried about the ratings drop, I have a feeling it will pick up next week. I even Tivo the eppi because it was V Day and well you know...

bonosgirl84- only half of my question was answered as far as the plane crash was concerned. I still want to know "why". Why did the plane get off course? Was it done intentionally by a "higher power"? Why did it happen to them? Where they chosen? Not to mention. Yemi's ( Eko's brother)plane was leaving Africa, how did it get so off course? Those questions where not answered yet.

Carmelu2fan said:

bonosgirl84- only half of my question was answered as far as the plane crash was concerned. I still want to know "why". Why did the plane get off course? Was it done intentionally by a "higher power"? Why did it happen to them? Where they chosen? Not to mention. Yemi's ( Eko's brother)plane was leaving Africa, how did it get so off course? Those questions where not answered yet.

Agreed and I also wonder if the "island" saved the passengers since very few people ever survive a plane crash of that scale. So did the island allow the ones who had "connections" to survive?

Looks like Lost is having problems with ratings... They made a huge mistake taking a 3 month break in the middle of the season like they did... Then moving it to a later time frame...another big mistake...

here's a blurb from CNN...

'Lost' ratings hit all-time low

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "Lost" crashed in the ratings this week, hitting an all-time low for a new episode.

ABC's drama about plane crash survivors stranded on a mysterious island drew an estimated 12.8 million viewers Wednesday, according to preliminary figures from Nielsen Media Research. That's well off the peak of more than 20 million for the drama that became an instant sensation when it debuted in September 2004.

ABC has worked hard to try to protect a show that helped turn the network's fortunes around, moving it to 10 p.m. ET Wednesday this year to steer clear of Fox's blockbuster "American Idol" and CBS's increasingly strong "Criminal Minds."

After "Lost" fans complained about reruns interrupting the show's serial flow last season, the network tried an experiment: It split the current season in two, airing six episodes before an extended break and then resuming with 16 additional episodes.

The show's February 7 return was heavily promoted and drew nearly 14.5 million viewers. But the bounce didn't last, with the show slumping this week.

Although protected from top-rated "American Idol" in its new time slot, "Lost" now has the disadvantage of trying to draw viewers at an hour when fewer people are watching television. This Wednesday, Valentine's Day put a 7 percent dent in overall TV viewership.

In the show's defense, ABC noted that it beat the competition among the advertiser-favored young adult crowd, drawing 7.3 million viewers age 18 to 49 compared to the 5.8 million that tuned in to CBS' "CSI: New York."

"Lost" also handed ABC nearly 4 million more viewers in the time slot compared to last year, when short-lived drama "Invasion" aired, the network said.

But there's no question that "Lost," once riding big ratings, buzz and cachet, has lost significant ground.

Some fans and critics complain that the story has gotten confusing and unsatisfying. The show, named best drama at the 2005 Emmy Awards, was shut out at the 2006 ceremony.

^ hopefully,this along with Prison Break's soon demise should be a lesson to networks to stop this break in mid-season crap. People lose interest when you go away for 3 months.

Oh, and aren't we all tired of the constant musical chairs of programming. Could they please leave a show on in the same timeslot instead of trying to either find more viewers or draw viewers away from another popular program. TV execs may be their own worst enemy when it comes to ratings. Why aren't people watching, they can't find the damn show!!

Lost has done both and may suffer the consequences to the point that all the recent discussion by writers about ending it after season 5 could be moot if they don't regain viewers and keep strong storylines.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Looks like Lost is having problems with ratings... They made a huge mistake taking a 3 month break in the middle of the season like they did... Then moving it to a later time frame...another big mistake...

here's a blurb from CNN...

I hear an echo... :wink:

I don't mind shows going on hiatus so long as when they return the episodes are top notch. Lost didn't do that, but last night's episode may bring me back in. Man, I hope they kill off Charlie, he's so friggin annoying.

Switching nights and timeslots does annoy the shit outta me though.

trevster2k said:
^ hopefully,this along with Prison Break's soon demise should be a lesson to networks to stop this break in mid-season crap. People lose interest when you go away for 3 months.

Oh, and aren't we all tired of the constant musical chairs of programming. Could they please leave a show on in the same timeslot instead of trying to either find more viewers or draw viewers away from another popular program. TV execs may be their own worst enemy when it comes to ratings. Why aren't people watching, they can't find the damn show!!

Lost has done both and may suffer the consequences to the point that all the recent discussion by writers about ending it after season 5 could be moot if they don't regain viewers and keep strong storylines.

you said it! I totally agree with you! :yes:

trevster2k said:

Agreed and I also wonder if the "island" saved the passengers since very few people ever survive a plane crash of that scale. So did the island allow the ones who had "connections" to survive?

:up: Right there should have been few to no survivors. The plane was torn in half and some of it even landed in the ocean. I will never forget the way the pilot was "wooshed" away by the black smoke just as he was about to tell Jack why they where off course.

Jeez, Jimmie got pics of everybody.

I was on the other side and didn't see any celebrities.

Damn Desmond ( Henry Ian Cusick) is fine.:drool: Not as fine as Sayid ( Naveen Andrews)

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom