LOST, Season 2 - Part Two - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by stammer476
I don't really understand what they're doing with Locke's character. At first, he was the know-it-all island guru who was part mystic, part priest. He was likeable, mysterious, and interesting.

Now with the "beating up Charlie" incident, getting fooled by Sawyer, and falling for the old divide and conquer strategy from Henry Gale, he seems like a totally different person. Just doesn't make sense to me.
I agree. I mentioned before how I didn't like how Locke was protrayed in the Charlie episode, and since then, it hasn't gotten any better. What is up with him lately?

Perhaps a new Locke flashback episode will help answer that, but for now, I don't like what they are doing with him, either.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #257
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:18 AM
Quote:
I don't really understand what they're doing with Locke's character. At first, he was the know-it-all island guru who was part mystic, part priest. He was likeable, mysterious, and interesting.

Now with the "beating up Charlie" incident, getting fooled by Sawyer, and falling for the old divide and conquer strategy from Henry Gale, he seems like a totally different person. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Someone on another board brought up that maybe Locke is reverting to who he was before the crash - the put upon box company employee who doesn't like others telling him what to do. That he could only keep up this "island guru" persona for so long . He was so angry after his conversation with Gale because he realized Gale saw through his persona and was able to pinpoint his insecurity.

I miss guru Locke too .

Old 03-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #258
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

My theroy as to what Mr. Eko is doing with the trees: At first I thought he was putting together some kind of altar, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that he's probably building something a little more on the practical side. He's the only one who's looked the... security system in the eyes(black smoke/fog), so to speak, and he's had some combat experience when it comes to The Others.

I hope he's building a neat trap for Zeke and the gang.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:42 PM   #259
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Dismantled

yeah, the guys said "Why do you let the doctor call the shots" and Locke said "No one calls the shots around here" and then he left the vault. He went out to the kitchen, paused and then threw all the dishes to the ground in a fit of rage.....hmmm interesting, I think we are going to see the evil side of locke come out

finally some answers lastnight but I am still not entirely satisfied....

and what was up with Mr. Eko?
Thank you!

I thought the episode was pretty good. I felt so bad for Rousseau when she finally learned that her daughter was alive. Not that I expected Claire to invite her to come back to the camp or anything, but I still felt bad that she went back to her lonely little hidey-hole.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
That conversation between Locke and "Henry Gale" (wasn't that Dorothy's uncle in the Wizard of Oz?) convinces me that he's an "other". And it seems the "others" may be part of the Dharma initiative, obviously they aren't marooned people in rags with scraggly beards.
You are correct Hewson!
The fact that Henry Gale is "Uncle Henry" from The Wizard of Oz should squash any debate over whether he is an "other" or not.
I did further research and found out the ballon deminsions "Henry" metioned would not support two people for a two week trip.
Things that make you go
Old 03-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #261
Refugee

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelu2fan

You are correct Hewson!
The fact that Henry Gale is "Uncle Henry" from The Wizard of Oz should squash any debate over whether he is an "other" or not.
I did further research and found out the ballon deminsions "Henry" metioned would not support two people for a two week trip.
Things that make you go
I'm convinced Henry is an "other." Between the look he gave Sayid as he was leaving the vault, the crap about "Heny Gale" as a Wizard of Oz character, the look that Ecko gave him as he left the vault, and the fact that he's trying to get into Locke's head; I think the writers are making it pretty obvious.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #262
Refugee

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
That conversation between Locke and "Henry Gale" (wasn't that Dorothy's uncle in the Wizard of Oz?) convinces me that he's an "other". And it seems the "others" may be part of the Dharma initiative, obviously they aren't marooned people in rags with scraggly beards.
Well said. I think The Others are Dharma scientists as well. I also didn't recognize Zeke without his beard. Very interesting....

Henry Gale looks really familiar too. I have a feeling we've seen him before now, perhaps in a season one episode. I just can't put my finger on it. Either way, he gives me the creeps. The fact that he couldn't remember how deep his wife's grave was made me queasy.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #263
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
i noticed the wizard of oz connection when he said 'henry gale' too.

'zeke' is also a charachter from the wizard of oz - he's one of the farmhands and the cowardly lion.

does anyone else think that the 'he' that zeke was talking about in the hallway with ethan, is actually henry gale?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #264
Refugee

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2ME3

"One of Them"

Back in FLASHBACK, Sayid is being used to translate the interrogation of his own commanding officer. The Americans are looking for a missing helicopter pilot and they know Tariq can lead them to him. But the commander refuses to cooperate. And Sayid's continuing loyalty clouds his own involvement, despite the threats of what's to come.

Sayid is introduced to a man who has some information about what kind of man Sayid's boss really is. He tells Sayid it is very important they find the missing helicopter pilot, but he knows Tariq will never talk to him. That's why Sayid is going to have to make him talk to him. And so Sayid goes back inside the holding room with Tariq. Only this time he brings a few things with him. Horrible things…
I just watched this episode again during my lunch break and I realized that the American commander that "encourages" Sayid to speak with Tariq is in fact Kate's father.

I also watched "Maternity Leave" and in one of Claire's flashbacks, there were close-ups of the bottles in the medicine cabinet, with serial numbers (or batch numbers or whatever they're called on medicine bottles) 4-81516-23 42.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #265
Refugee

Rerun again? Is this normal for a TV show?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:18 AM
reruns until march 22.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #267
Refugee

I guess this is why some people just wait to buy the DVD at the end of the season.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:49 AM   #268
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I guess this is why some people just wait to buy the DVD at the end of the season.
I think that's what I'm going to have to do for this season. I didn't have a working tv for the first three or four episodes and now I'm so out of the habit of watching it that I keep missing it. I think I've only seen one or two episodes this whole season.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

The scheduling of Lost seems to be much more haphazard this year. Obviously, you are going to get stretches of repeats, but I can't remember another show recently where we had so many new episode-old episode-new episode scheduling...

Perhaps it would be better if they aired Lost like they do with 24. Start it later in the year so you get more consecutive weeks. Runs much more smoothly that way.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

Shockingly enough, we have a new episode tonight...