LOST, Season 2 - Part Two - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2006, 09:19 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:59 AM
The backstory behind the Others better be interesting, hell, it has to be interesting.

I'm waiting to see the "Can you hear me now" guy appear on the island anyday now.

BTW, do you guys know that the writers/creators of Lost are heavily involved in the comic book scene. Jeph Loeb was listed as an executive producer tonight so welcome to geekdom.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
I'm going to need a still of that countdown clock with the gibberish.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:01 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Poor Sayid... I really feel for him. Shannon's death really messed him up. His notion of no guilt = Other is an example of very twisted logic. Although I admit I agree with him. I think the guy was lying through his teeth.

Those red and black symbols on the countdown clock freaked me out!

But my lasting impression from last night's episode? Sawyer squishing the frog. My love for his character just took a sharp nosedive.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I hated Sawyer so much for the frog thing. I would have been happy if Hurley had killed him right then and there.
I lost the little respect I had left for Sawyer.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Old 02-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #216
War Child

Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Those are Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Don't know what that means, but....
Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #217
Refugee

Local Time: 04:29 PM
Quote:
I gave up on the show right there. I realize we have to be strung along for the story's momentum, but this is getting ridiculous.

Half of the show was spent on a stupid tree frog, after two meaningless episodes that didn't take us anywhere. Add the random "breaks" the show takes every 5 weeks, and I'm sick of this.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well, regarding the breaks, all of television has now been guilty of this, TV in general has jumped the shark with it's ridiculous scheduling over the past few years.

Like does anyone care what happens in Prison Break anymore, I don't. And yes, I agree, I would prefer if Lost was a limited series so we know we are going to get a definitive ending as opposed to weeks of filler trying to extend the longevity of the program.

Puzzle followed by a puzzle followed by another mystery followed by a conundrum does get a bit predictable especially since there are so many unanswered questions. I think they remain unanswered because the writers don't have the answers either. They may have a whole picture of the end story but don't know how to get there.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:43 AM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaliz

Those are Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Don't know what that means, but....
Lost message boards have come up with a few theories on its meaning. But nothing definite for sure.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:50 AM   #220
Refugee

Local Time: 04:29 PM
Quote:
Well, regarding the breaks, all of television has now been guilty of this, TV in general has jumped the shark with it's ridiculous scheduling over the past few years.

Like does anyone care what happens in Prison Break anymore, I don't. And yes, I agree, I would prefer if Lost was a limited series so we know we are going to get a definitive ending as opposed to weeks of filler trying to extend the longevity of the program.

Puzzle followed by a puzzle followed by another mystery followed by a conundrum does get a bit predictable especially since there are so many unanswered questions. I think they remain unanswered because the writers don't have the answers either. They may have a whole picture of the end story but don't know how to get there.
That's the whole point for me. Television's structure is a mess, the producers are just going to give us "puzzle followed by a puzzle followed by another mystery followed by a conundrum" because they don't give a crap whether it makes any sense or has any conclusion as long as we watch. And yes, I don't the writers have any clue what's going on. For those reasons, I feel like I'm wasting my time.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #221
Refugee

Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by miss becky
Poor Sayid... I really feel for him. Shannon's death really messed him up. His notion of no guilt = Other is an example of very twisted logic. Although I admit I agree with him. I think the guy was lying through his teeth.

Those red and black symbols on the countdown clock freaked me out!

But my lasting impression from last night's episode? Sawyer squishing the frog. My love for his character just took a sharp nosedive.

I agree. Normally I manage to look past his a$$holiness and keep drooling but last night......
Old 02-16-2006, 11:28 AM   #222
War Child

^^Agreed. Sawyer's usually one of my favourite characters, but the frog thing was really pushing the limits for me.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I was upset that nothing happend when the timer went to zero...All we got was a bunch of symbols that make no sense to me. I do not think that guy is telling the truth because you would think after being on the island for four months he would have ran into the newcomers already. No one on the LOST message board trust him either. Sawyer is on my shitlist, for now. The best part of the show was Jack telling Locke to "shut up".
Old 02-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Its like the Dharma slot machine...Locke was able to get the numbers entered before reel # 2 stopped, otherwise he might have hit the jackpot.
looks like fishhhook, blank, flame, bird, stick.
I think it was telling them to avoid the fish and head out for some rotisserie chicken.

As for our hot air ballooning Minnesotan, if he was one of the others, wouldn't one of the other others have rescued him before Danielle brought Sayid?
Unless they want him to infiltrate camp.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

I think it was telling them to avoid the fish and head out for some rotisserie chicken.
That's it - it's the dinner menu for that day!